Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2008   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How did we look on tv?

I forgot to set the DVR to record the game so I'm just curious...for those who had to watch the game from their sofa, how did the team, fans, city look from your television? there were times when we were loud, but I think I've heard us louder. the stands had quite a few seats empty (?), yet the parking lot was as full as I've ever seen it.

commentators positive about Houston? I suppose how we look and are portrayed goes long way towards when we get our next MNF game.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did we look on tv?

The team look good and the commentators were positive. The red pants (in combination with the red jerseys) looked ridiculous, unless you are into playing football in pajamas.
Old 12-02-2008   #3
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I forgot to set the DVR to record the game so I'm just curious...for those who had to watch the game from their sofa, how did the team, fans, city look from your television? there were times when we were loud, but I think I've heard us louder. the stands had quite a few seats empty (?), yet the parking lot was as full as I've ever seen it.

commentators positive about Houston? I suppose how we look and are portrayed goes long way towards when we get our next MNF game.
The cameraman liked him some Joe Texan.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
The team look good and the commentators were positive. The red pants looked ridiculous, unless you are into playing football in pajamas.
Tony Kornhole said that the all red unis made the players look like "ketchup bottles." I tend to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
The cameraman liked him some Joe Texan.
I noticed that. JT was representin' very nicely.
Old 12-02-2008   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The team look good and the commentators were positive. The red pants looked ridiculous, unless you are into playing football in pajamas.
What he said.
They were really positive about how nice Houston was, how pretty our downtown area is, how big the city is, how great McNair was, and how awesome our fans were.

I had to check the listing to make sure I was still on ESPN
Old 12-02-2008   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Everything looked good, but one thing did bother me. WIth 5 to 10 minutes til Kickoff, it looked like 95% of the stadium was still empty. But it did fill up quickly once the game started.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm, I actually kind of like the all red uniforms.
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2008   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
They aren't that bad, but I like the Red Jersey's with the White pants better.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2-0 in those ketchup pants looks mighty fine to me.....
Old 12-02-2008   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've watched enough Project Runway to know bad fashion when I see it, and I was seeing it!
Old 12-02-2008   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Everything looked good, but one thing did bother me. WIth 5 to 10 minutes til Kickoff, it looked like 95% of the stadium was still empty. But it did fill up quickly once the game started.
We came in from 59 North, from The Woodlands, and traffic was beyond horrible. I thought we'd have an hour or so of tailgating, but as it turned out, it was two guzzled Bud Selects and on into the game just in time for kickoff. I would guess many folks were in that same traffic.

I actually like the all red unis, and I really like our record in them!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've watched enough Project Runway to know bad fashion when I see it, and I was seeing it!
LMAO! I guess you're married?

Eh, maybe that explains why I like them. If it weren't for the wife and kids I'd still be wearing cut-off jeans and tank-tops.
Old 12-02-2008   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:

Eh, maybe that explains why I like them. If it weren't for the wife and kids I'd still be wearing cut-off jeans and tank-tops.
I would describe my own style as "too casual", at least that is what my wife says whenever I finish dressing.

=====================

The PJs didn't win the game.
Old 12-02-2008   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I would describe my own style as "too casual", at least that is what my wife says whenever I finish dressing.

=====================

The pants didn't win the game.

Old 12-02-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:

=====================

The pants didn't win the game.
Agreed. IMO, the win came from the Jags shooting self in foot coupled with decent play from the Texans.
Old 12-02-2008   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the Texans look great whenever they win

the past three drafts have infused some foundation pieces to the point we look like a team on the cusp of developing a winning culture, at least a legitimate product NFL embraces. still the QB play scares nobody but its own fans, the commitment to running the ball between the tackles needs a banger, they always run away from Mario side & complaints about Reeves seem unwarrented or at least abating (good recovery speed & ability to hang on the hip of the receiver, developing ball skills).

otherwise the City looked very sharp & clean
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: How did we look on tv?

Did anyone hear "Houston....Texans!" chants during ESPN's post game show, right around 11 PM when Slaton came on?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol yeah, was that you guys?

Also, what were ya'll chanting during the post game wrap up with Emmitt and company?
Old 12-02-2008   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: How did we look on tv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
lol yeah, was that you guys?

Also, what were ya'll chanting during the post game wrap up with Emmitt and company?
Which time?

I (solo) was the "Houston" part

They chanted for Emmit, against the Cowboys, for Steve (Slaton, and Young started waving so we all booed, lol). I think Stuart even got a few chants.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I re-watched the game when I got home last night and it looked pretty damn good to me. The noise level was what I expected and maybe a bit more. The stadium filled up quick! I went to smoke, and when I came back the place was packed. I loved it, and now I will be investing in some season tickets next year. My voice is shot and my back is throbbing, but I would do it all over again today if I could.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read