Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Slaton non-Hype versus YKW

Was just curious about the Bush stuff crammed down my(and some of y'alls) throat in 2006 (and without water )

Bush played 16 games as a rookie and started 8 games
rushed for 565 and received for 742 yards ( he did have punt returns for 216)9 td's
http://www.nfl.com/players/reggiebus...s?id=BUS294963

total yards 1523

Slaton

rushing 904 yards so far and receiving 250 with 9Td's

with 4 games to go

http://www.nfl.com/players/steveslat...s?id=SLA557176
total yards 1154

granted Bush can be a dynamic player in different aspects but interesting how much crap the Texans took for not taking him and Steve is holding his own and haven't heard much of a peep.. Granted the Saints had McAllister as a starter but I almost want to email ESPiN to see if they would respond to why Steve isn't getting much love (unless I have missed it). I am almost glad he isn't but.. part of me wants to rub it in that we didn't need to spend a high round pick on a RB (and we still do need a compliment to Steve)

Last edited by Wolf; 12-02-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Slaton non-Hype versus YKW

ESPN hitched their wagon to Reggie Bush before the 2006 Draft. They pretty much guaranteed him as the next Sayer/Sanders/Brown.

Therefore, they had to make a big deal about him to retain their credibility that he was the real deal.

Bush was a great, great college football player. But his game does not translate well to the NFL. He will never be a full-time back and probably will never even be an effective running back.

But what he is, is a dynamic offensive weapon that if used correctly, can be a very good player in this league.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Shoot, let's compare them this year. Reggie Bush has been hurt for a few games, so I'm only going to compare them for their first 8 games (how many games Bush has played in this season)

Through 8 games Bush had 294 rushing yards and 398 receiving yards for 692 total yards.

Through 8 games Slaton had 538 rushing yards and 181 receiving yards for 719 total yards.

Not bad for a rookie.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN was very positive towards Slaton and the Mario Williams pick tonight. I thought they were right on with practically ALL their analysis. I used to not like Mike Terico but I am starting to come around. He def does more research than any of their commentators. I am very impressed with him as a commentator.

Slaton will be a 1,000 yard rusher this season barring injury and that's only the 2nd guy we've had that accomplished that feat, and he has done it as a rookie. Impressive to say the least. We need to get someone to share the load with him, but I like what I see. He is very explosive and it looks like he can play through injury, something that is important for a RB.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #5
Killer Bee
Rookie

Rep Power: 487 Killer Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respected

It won't happen but Slaton should be a Pro Bowler.

He's third in the conference with 904 yards rushing and first in yards per carry (5.0). His touchdown and receiving number's are also among the best. Unfortunately he’s a rookie who plays for the lowly Texans so it will never happen.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read