Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-01-2008   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How would you feel if David Carr...

...wins a Super Bowl ring with this year's Giants? Just let that thought sink in for a second. He stands a good chance of getting a freaking Super Bowl ring.

(Sigh)

So this is why we must root against the Giants. I wish I didn't have to do it, but it has to be done. It has to be done. Period.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How would you feel if David Carr...

No way I'm rooting for the Titans, though. Not for a SB win.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares if Mr. Mittens gets a ring for carrying a clipboard. I say good for him, if it happens.
Old 12-01-2008   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
...wins a Super Bowl ring with this year's Giants? Just let that thought sink in for a second. He stands a good chance of getting a freaking Super Bowl ring.

(Sigh)

So this is why we must root against the Giants. I wish I didn't have to do it, but it has to be done. It has to be done. Period.
I have thought about this...

The Giants make it to the NFC Championship, Eli gets hurt and can't play in the SB. The defense wins the NFC Championship and David Carr starts in the SB.

It would be entertaining though.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

How does that name end up in a thread title every gameday? We've got saboteurs here.
Old 12-01-2008   #6
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
How does that name end up in a thread title every gameday? We've got saboteurs here.
lol This thread might be moved >>here<<.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #7
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

This year's stats for Felix The Carr!
Pasing 1-1 5yrds 1 TD
Rushing 5 carries -5yrds
http://www.nfl.com/players/davidcarr...s?id=CAR358385
Old 12-01-2008   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
lol This thread might be moved >>here<<.

NowI feel dirty..lol.
Old 12-01-2008   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Of all the ex-Texans...

I'd just have to laugh. It would be pretty funny.
Old 12-01-2008   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't consider him "winning" a ring. It'd be more like being awarded a ring.

At least the K, P and backup players actually do something for the team - unlike Mickey Mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

wouldn't surprise me.. the guys always been a winner since day 1
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

(Sigh)

Would you rather Vince Young & Bud Adams win a SB ring? I thought Carr was a disaster here and wanted him gone however I have nothing personal against him. Contrary to my initial reaction I am currently OK having him as Eli's backup. Believe it or not I think he can do OK in the Giants offense since he doesn't have to do too much.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Would you rather Vince Young & Bud Adams win a SB ring? I thought Carr was a disaster here and wanted him gone however I have nothing personal against him. Contrary to my initial reaction I am currently OK having him as Eli's backup. Believe it or not I think he can do OK in the Giants offense since he doesn't have to do too much.
carr pretty much sucks in any offense. the giants ask more of their QB than you may think. defenses respect Manning. there is no defense in the world that would respect or be afraid of a Carr-led offense. Just blitz him and watch him go into the Fresno Tuck and curl up in the fetal position. It's pretty simple gameplan to beat him.

I would think it would be wierd for Manning to get hurt and for David to have to come in. Oh boy, the NY media would have a field day with one of his performances.

Carr sucks and dude should be walking down some fashion runway with a manpurse and has no business in the league. The Giants better hope they never find out what Carr is made of....he is made of doggie doo.
Old 12-01-2008   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't think much of it. Keep in mind Danny Clarke is starting for them, though.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #15
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeeeeezz. I can see the front page of SI right now.

"Super Bowl winning QB David Carr only wears sheep wool mittens...because he's worth it."

mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #16
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
This year's stats for Felix The Carr!
Pasing 1-1 5yrds 1 TD
Rushing 5 carries -5yrds
http://www.nfl.com/players/davidcarr...s?id=CAR358385

One for one for 5 yards and a TD.

Five carries for -five yards.

No ints. no fumbles, no helicopter impersonations and no injuries.

Maybe it was our O-line...

and @ ..

Oh... It wouldn't bother me a bit if he got a ring.
Old 12-01-2008   #17
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
carr pretty much sucks in any offense. the giants ask more of their QB than you may think. defenses respect Manning. there is no defense in the world that would respect or be afraid of a Carr-led offense. Just blitz him and watch him go into the Fresno Tuck and curl up in the fetal position. It's pretty simple gameplan to beat him.

I would think it would be wierd for Manning to get hurt and for David to have to come in. Oh boy, the NY media would have a field day with one of his performances.

Carr sucks and dude should be walking down some fashion runway with a manpurse and has no business in the league. The Giants better hope they never find out what Carr is made of....he is made of doggie doo.
It's not a manpurse!

It's active man gear.

hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251670 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

(Sigh)

I wouldn't care at all. Lots of guys who aren't worth a damn get Super Bowl rings and just being handed one for standing on the sideline doing nothing would be in my opinion kind of fitting for David. He was drafted first overall and given a mountain of money. He was given the starting QB job without any competition and he wasn't allowed to lose it no matter how badly he played. He was given all the credit for things that went right and took none of the blame for the horrendous sack totals and pitiful offensive output until the very end when it became undeniable that he was a major part of the problem.

In short he's been handed everything he's ever gotten in the NFL so why not hand him a free Super Bowl ring too? He could never possibly be proud of it or feel deserving of it.
Old 12-01-2008   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You'd better knock on wood or find a few dozen four leaf clovers. Just the utterance of those words might have a butterfly like effect that would put Eli out with an injury for a few games. Just the mention of it is like opening Pandora's Box.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
In short he's been handed everything he's ever gotten in the NFL so why not hand him a free Super Bowl ring too? He could never possibly be proud of it or feel deserving of it.
Disagree with that. I'm guessing just about any player who has a Super Bowl ring probably feels proud to have gotten one. Whether they played a little or a lot, they were part of that team and contributed to that team.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read