Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-01-2008   #1
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover
Default What cameras are prohibited at the game?

I just got a new digital SLR that I would love to bring to the game, but I wasn't sure if I would be permitted so I looked on the Houston Texans website faq and found this:

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/GamedayFAQ.asp

Quote:
What is your policy regarding cameras? Are they OK to bring in to the game?

You are welcome to bring small flash photography cameras into Reliant Stadium, but no professional lenses or lenses over 12 are permitted. Video cameras and audio recorders are not allowed.
What does this mean? Clearly I won't be bringing a 400mm F2.8L lens on the camera, but do they consider a Canon Rebel XSi to be a "small flash photography camera"?
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #2
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 13156 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What cameras are prohibited at the game?

I bring in a Nikon D70 with a 50-500mm lens and have used that in the stadium for the past 4 years. As long as the lens is not a Canon professional (white) lens you should have no problems with it. I have been asked a couple times about it and they always let me in.
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv800 View Post
I just got a new digital SLR that I would love to bring to the game, but I wasn't sure if I would be permitted so I looked on the Houston Texans website faq and found this:

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/GamedayFAQ.asp

What does this mean? Clearly I won't be bringing a 400mm F2.8L lens on the camera, but do they consider a Canon Rebel XSi to be a "small flash photography camera"?
You're fine. I brought my Sony DSLR to the Detroit/Houston game and had no problems. They looked through my camera bag, saw the camera and the lens, and it was fine.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
I bring in a Nikon D70 with a 50-500mm lens and have used that in the stadium for the past 4 years. As long as the lens is not a Canon professional (white) lens you should have no problems with it. I have been asked a couple times about it and they always let me in.
What does the lens you use look like? Is it one of those long ones?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-01-2008   #5
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
Damn... I was hoping to bring my Canon 70-200 F2.8L lens.. but since its "white" I can't? LOL.... So they think that only "white" lenses are pro lenses?
Old 12-01-2008   #6
marv800
Veteran

this one:

Old 12-01-2008   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Oh, well my lens looks nothing like that. It's just the one that came with the DSLR.

That one is really sweet. I want one!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2008   #8
marv800
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Oh, well my lens looks nothing like that. It's just the one that came with the DSLR.

That one is really sweet. I want one!
Well that is a Canon lens only and wont fit on your Sony, but here is the Sony "equivalent"

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...2_8_APO_G.html

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read