Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-03-2005   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bills RB Henry wants out of Buffalo...

LINK

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (Jan. 3, 2005) -- Travis Henry wants out of Buffalo because he's unhappy with the prospect of spending another season as Willis McGahee 's backup.

"I want to go somewhere where I can be a starter and play, and be a big contributor," Henry said, a day after the Bills' missed the playoffs with a season-ending 29-24 loss to Pittsburgh.

Henry, who started for three years and has a year left on his contract, made it clear he wouldn't accept another season with a secondary role.

"I'm a starter. I've been starting since I've been in this league," Henry said. "I know the role that I was given this year. I didn't like it, but I dealt with it."
Old 01-03-2005   #2
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Shame how Buffalo caved to the threats of McGahee earlier in the year. Henry puts up over 1,300 yards last year with double digit TDs (with a bigger season the year before) and is rewarded with that treatment.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats business. Henry went down with an injury. Willis came in and never looked back.

Sound like someone you know? Brady? If its working, dont fix it. And thats what the Bills were doing.

Bettis accepted the 2nd RB role, and now is one of the key peices of that team.

Henry sounds selfish, and showed others (teams) that if he doesnt get his way, he will leave.

Im not saying that Willis was any better, but the cards fell just right for him.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I wouldn't call Henry selfish. I think it's more of a case of Henry not wanting to be 'put out to pasture' by the Bills in place of a younger RB. Henry is still pretty young for a RB at 26, and has some good years left where he could be among the league leaders in rushing for another team. McGahee seemed to give a spark to the Bills franchise, and their season turned around when he started. This was inevitable once the Bills drafted McGahee, and I'm sure most knew as soon as he recovered physically that he'd be given a shot at the starting job. He was given that shot, and he's held on to it. Henry will find several teams interested in his services, and I'm sure the Bills will listen to any trade offers for him.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #5
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

I think Travis Will like it in Oakland

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read