Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2008   #1
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub may play Monday Night!!!!!

Good News

Quote:
Texans quarterback Matt Schaub has already started his lobbying effort to return to the field, and coach Gary Kubiak is watching and listening.

After missing just three starts with a torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee, Schaub is taking a number of repetitions in practice this week. He has made such progress in the past week that Kubiak is leaving open the possibility that Schaub may play against the Jaguars on Monday Night Football.

"They aren't having me do any more (in practice) than I feel I can go out there and do right now," Schaub said. "I feel like I can do a whole lot more too. It's really feeling good. I guess I'm kind of surprising myself at how well I've come along, given the time.

"I feel like I'm getting to the point where I can go out there and play. We just have to see how it goes in the next couple of days. I feel like I can go out there and do my job."

Originally, the Texans said Schaub would miss two to four weeks. Kubiak pointed out Thursday that this is the fourth week and Schaub is "on schedule."

"I think there's a chance (he will play Monday), but I think we've got to be smart and know that he can go out there and do all of the things he can do on a normal basis," Kubiak said.

link
Old 11-28-2008   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub may play Monday Night!!!!!

I don't know whether to be glad or mad. I'm playing Sage instead of MS on my FF team this week. I NEED TO WIN to win my division. Regardless, I'm in the playoffs so I guess it really does not matter. Sage has already cost me two games. Might do better without a QB.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Are you allowed to go without a QB?
Old 11-28-2008   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Yay!! Matts back

I hope the Jags offense stops themselves though
Old 11-28-2008   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this mean the QB is NOT going to be throwing to the other team?

I'm all for that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Me too.
Old 11-28-2008   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

im not sure he'll make it this week but id like it if he did

sage has already shown hes not our guy long term... we need to find out if matt is and that means playing as many games as possible this season
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2008   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

No way he plays on Monday. They just want to make JAX prep for him.

Just sort of like how they were kind of cagey about Andre Johnson maybe playing against the Colts last year the week after he hurt his knee. Even though he was hobbling around in a brace.

Given Kubiak's comments, I wouldn't be surprised if Schaub is still in street clothes.

I am happier hearing the reports saying that Slaton feels fine.
Old 11-28-2008   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

I guess we won't know untill game time.
Old 11-28-2008   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub would ask Kubiak to play if he caught the bird flu.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

I would not doubt that.
Old 11-28-2008   #12
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Schaub may play Monday Night!!!!!

damn...I am glad people are now going to give Schaub a shot.....it got very old listening to everyone whine about how much better Sage is than Schaub.....I guess this little stretch of having Rosenfels as qb made everyone realize that we had it much better with Schaub in the game.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Much better with another QB all together.
Old 11-28-2008   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just part of the chess game that goes on being an NFL head coach. The most that Matt will be is the back up. If Rosenfail really screws the pooch, maybe he gets in, but I doubt it. (not that Rosenfail would screw the pooch mind you)

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

My feelings are that if this is not a statement of intended deception, and Schaub is allowed to return this early and takes any direct shot to his knee, we will be quickly looking for his personalized stretcher.............and likely a major new QB investment for next year.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

there is no way matt is playing this monday maybe to backup sage if he screws up

thats only if hes 100% if not he might just be a third stringer for just one game
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #17
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

After reading the quotes from Schaub and seeing the video from the team site Matt seems to be legitimately optimistic about playing Monday. 2-4 weeks was the timetable from the beginning, its been 3, am I the only one who thinks its not so crazy for him to suit up and play this week?

As far as the injury is concerned, wasn't the ligament torn? What is going to change and make it more safe to play next week or the week after? If the danger is to the remaining ligaments in the knee won't a brace stabilize those?

Maybe I'm just desperate for some better play from the QB positions but I'd like to see him play on Monday. He needs more game experience in the worst way and it would be nice to see him play through pain.
Old 11-29-2008   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Does this mean the QB is NOT going to be throwing to the other team?

I'm all for that.
LOL! Sad, but true.

I hope he returns. Our first game on MNF would be nice to win, and I think we have a better chance with MS behind center.
Old 11-29-2008   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
damn...I am glad people are now going to give Schaub a shot.....it got very old listening to everyone whine about how much better Sage is than Schaub.....I guess this little stretch of having Rosenfels as qb made everyone realize that we had it much better with Schaub in the game.
To me, when all is said and done I look and see the same result. When Jeff Garcia was looking for a job I thought we should go after him. Sage, Schaub = what's the difference?
Old 11-29-2008   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Sage, Schaub = what's the difference?
schaub doesnt make nearly as many boneheaded throws... usually his turnovers resulted (bar miami) from pressure from very good defenses
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read