Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2005   #21
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

And like I said in the other post, who challenges him for the job, Dave Ragone? If you bring in another QB to challenge Carr for his job all you will be doing is spending money on a veteran QB that no other team wants who will have to come in and learn our offense and our system and will most likely ride the bench anyways.
Old 01-03-2005   #22
TexansFan#80
Rookie

I would love to see Carr challenged. I just don't want to see it done through the use of a draft pick.
TexansFan#80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Merged the 2 David Carr threads.
Old 01-03-2005   #24
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan#80
I would love to see Carr challenged. I just don't want to see it done through the use of a draft pick.
Yeah, that's a tough one.

They will probably have to get D and O line help through free agency to fix those problems immediately. Maybe pick up a speedy receiver in round 1 to take Bradford's spot and compliment Johnson. Then use their 2nd round choice on a QB. Either way they are going to need a reliable backup with Banks leaving. And Ragone is terrible.

What if Carr tears an ACL or keeps regressing like he did the second half of this season, what are we left with?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #25
TexansFan#80
Rookie

Default BJ Symons

What about BJ Symons. I know he's nothing special, but he did have an awesome year at Texs Tech. I'm not sure how'd he fare in the NFL. He has knee surgery this past season and has been doing rehab. He would be someone to definately get into the mix. Maybe not necessarily challenge Carr for the starting job, but he'd be a decent backup.
TexansFan#80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #26
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
IS EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD MENTALY STUPID THE GUY IS GOING NO WERE. BOB MCNAIR: YESTERDAY SAID " DAVID IS GOING TO LEAD OUR TEAM FOR MANY YEARS". SO GET BEHIND HIM AND STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF HEAD CASES! UNBELIEVABLE!
Dang... busted a caps lock on us. You must really love Carr.
Old 01-03-2005   #27
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Why would you not want to challenge him for his job? Competition makes players better.

I know that it's politically incorrect to hold Carr accountable for anything, but I can't help myself.
Yeah, the NFL is full of situations where open competitions for the quarterback position are good for team chemistry.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2005   #28
fresno8
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, that's a tough one.

Then use their 2nd round choice on a QB. Either way they are going to need
Give me a freak'n break a 2nd round choice on a QB (already spent a 3rd pick on Ragone worked out great huh?), how stupid is that. Yeah our free agent o-line is working out great. We need lineman through the draft and only top talent lineman through FA. Lets see Carr w/ time over a 100 passer rating and 4-3 record. Carr w/ no time 3-6. Yeah the QB is the problem. I'm not saying he's HOF, but w/ a line he's above average. You put any QB in the situation he was in the 2nd half and none succeed. AJ needs a complement and we need help on both lines. It will come together if our front office makes the right moves. Get off his back, would you rather have Harrington.
fresno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #29
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Get off his back, would you rather have Harrington.
Or Leftwich, or Hutchison, or McGown?
Old 01-03-2005   #30
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno8
Get off his back, would you rather have Harrington.
Harrington has been just as average as Carr. Their stats are basically identical except Joey has 12 more TD passes.
Old 01-03-2005   #31
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why would you not want to challenge him for his job? Competition makes players better.

I know that it's politically incorrect to hold Carr accountable for anything, but I can't help myself.

Calm down, every one understands that Carr makes mistakes, he has happy feet, he checks down to DD far too often, he rushes his throws under pressure, but what would you do, you get out there and get sacked more than any other QB has, continually get knocked down and have to run for your life and see how you take it, see how comfident you are in your pass protection. Im astonished that he has gone this long without ending up on ESPN talking about how horrible his O-line is, hes sat back there and taken a beating but not once have I ever heard him in an interview talk about his weak offensive line play offecting his performance.

No Carr is not average, he is great at leading his team, he has a killer arm, good accuracy, a brilliant deep ball, he can hit the open receiver in stride, and he can squeez the ball between coverage. He has done a damn good job makeing plays even with one of the worst pass protecting O-lines in the NFL.
Old 01-03-2005   #32
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

...after reading this, does anyone else think ESPN is gonna save some money and replay that Texans commercial again where there is no offensive line?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #33
fresno8
Veteran

Quote:
Harrington has been just as average as Carr. Their stats are basically identical except Joey has 12 more TD passes.
Do you still want to use our 2 rnd pick on a QB? Okay Harrington has 12 more TD's and has a better line, 2 deep threats and the Lions still can't win. We are winning more games. We need a better line and more consistency. Then if Carr is bad then I'll agree w/ you that he is average, until then I thoroughly disagree.
fresno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #34
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
You don't know what happened??

Tell me. Where exactly did you sense any presence of a pocket?

Yeah,what he said
Old 01-04-2005   #35
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

He is not average! He's really hot. Ask the girls. I mean, isn't that what matters?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #36
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Where is that beating a dead horse smilie when you need it ?
Except the horse is pretty much unrecognizable by know.

Don't totally write off Ragone as a bust. If we were to suddenly figure out the art of pass blocking and then have to put him in he might do ok.

Palmer was the guy that made Rob Johnson (at least he didn't sign with us) look so good that Jacksonville traded him for a 1st round draft choice. Of course since then Palmer has forgotten everything he once knew about offense
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #37
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

It's like arguing if I could please Pam Andersn or not. We can argue all day, but until she's in my bedroom and willing, we'll never know.

So let's fix the O-Line and see
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #38
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to El_DudeArino Send a message via Yahoo to El_DudeArino
Default He's Still a Youngster

Let's compare him to big Ben for a second. The Steelers carried that boy all season. Carr is having to carry a great deal of the load, but not all. So Carr is good and in time will be the next Elway.....
Old 02-10-2005   #39
NeViKaN
Rookie

Quote:
For everyone out there who thinks that David Carr makes no mistakes and the offensive line is blame for all of the Texans woes, check yourself. At least go back and look at the games. He has stunk it up the second half of this season. Stats don't necessarily win games, but his have fallen drastically. I don't know what happened but he lost all sense of a pocket presence.
Do you play for the Texans O Line?
NeViKaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #40
NeViKaN
Rookie

Quote:
For everyone out there who thinks that David Carr makes no mistakes and the offensive line is blame for all of the Texans woes, check yourself. At least go back and look at the games. He has stunk it up the second half of this season. Stats don't necessarily win games, but his have fallen drastically. I don't know what happened but he lost all sense of a pocket presence.
Do you play for the Texans O Line?
NeViKaN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read