Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2008   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Romeo Crennel for DC?

with Bill Cowher's name popping up more frequently in the rumor mill as Romeo's replacement, would Crennel be a good fit here? he was wildly succesful in NE so he has some talents we could certainly use.

maybe he's one of those coachs that is a good assistant, but just doesn't have what it takes to be a good HC...or maybe he didn't have a good GM in Cleveland (Phil "I'll F-bomb text ya" Savage) to help him along?

either way, IMO, he's a good one to keep in mind as we hopefully begin our search for a new DC after the season.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Romeo Crennel for DC?

What makes him a great DC? Didn't Belichick run the defense? I'd rather get whoever's coaching the Cardinals' DBs.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #3
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd totally be down for Crennel as a DC. You've got to get someone from either Parcell's tree or Bellichik's.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

It'd never happen. Crennel's a 3-4 guy.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I'd totally be down for Crennel as a DC. You've got to get someone from either Parcell's tree or Bellichik's.
Anyone from Bellichek's tree falls into Parcell's tree since Bellichek was a Parcells padewan.
Old 11-25-2008   #6
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
It'd never happen. Crennel's a 3-4 guy.
He (and Bellichick) run a hybrid scheme. It's base 3-4 more often than not, but they'll often bring in a big linebacker as a down lineman.
Old 11-25-2008   #7
noxiousdog
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Anyone from Bellichek's tree falls into Parcell's tree since Bellichek was a Parcells padewan.
True. And a good tree it is.
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2008   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the Giants DL coach and NO ONE ELSE. That guy has the exact same defense we have and has worked miracles with whoever he's been given. That DL Is diruptive as hell
Old 11-25-2008   #9
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I want the Giants DL coach and NO ONE ELSE. That guy has the exact same defense we have and has worked miracles with whoever he's been given. That DL Is diruptive as hell
Agreed.
Old 11-25-2008   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Nolan.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I dont care what tree they fall from ..... as long as they are productive and creative with their scheme .

I'll pass on Romeo .... The Browns are NEVER prepared to play on gameday .... If he cant get them prepared why would he do any better here ?
That defense we saw Sunday was neither creative nor productive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I've watched the Gaints a few times this season and they just confuse the shit out of people .... I'm not sold on the fact that their DL coach could construct an entire defense but he sure does a hell of a job with that DL. They move people around a lot and create situations where OL dont know what their assignments are. I've also seen them move DE's inside to use some line stunts that again seem to confuse the OL.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #12
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

Rod Marinelli. Kubiak get it done!!!
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008   #13
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
Rod Marinelli. Kubiak get it done!!!

Looking at the players here already with Okoye,williams, adibi,ryans,robinson,bennett,and wilson, I think his 1 gap 2 deep ill be perfect. Okoye as a 1 gap and Mario coming straight upfield along wiith adibi as a run and it guy with ryans. Bennett and daunte as physical tackling corners, he would be a perfect fit.
Old 11-26-2008   #14
noxiousdog
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont care what tree they fall from ..... as long as they are productive and creative with their scheme .
I don't care per se, but it's hard to ignore the fact that coaches that have worked for Bill Parcells seem to have a much higher success rate than those that haven't.

Quote:
I'll pass on Romeo .... The Browns are NEVER prepared to play on gameday .... If he cant get them prepared why would he do any better here ?
That defense we saw Sunday was neither creative nor productive.
They were in New England when he was DC.

Quote:
I've watched the Gaints a few times this season and they just confuse the shit out of people .... I'm not sold on the fact that their DL coach could construct an entire defense but he sure does a hell of a job with that DL. They move people around a lot and create situations where OL dont know what their assignments are. I've also seen them move DE's inside to use some line stunts that again seem to confuse the OL.
What makes you think that's the line coach and not the DC scheme?
Old 11-26-2008   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What makes you think that's the line coach and not the DC scheme?
Really? Do you think so?

Hence you hire one of his pupils hoping that it translates from position coach to coordinator.
Old 11-26-2008   #16
noxiousdog
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Really? Do you think so?

Hence you hire one of his pupils hoping that it translates from position coach to coordinator.
I don't have any idea. I've never interviewed, nor read an interview with either of them. I was curious if people had more insight that just assuming it was the DLine coach.
Old 11-27-2008   #17
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Romeo

Maybe we can do a reverse of the Browns chant and chant Romeo for DC to The coach this monday night. That might get the message to Rick across.
Old 11-27-2008   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
And "large coconuts" do not fall far from the tree...........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #19
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Romeo just signed an extension. He ain't doing anything but collecting checks.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Romeo just signed an extension. He ain't doing anything but collecting checks.
and collecting food from the looks of him ...........

how do i get into that line of biz nass of collecting checks
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read