Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-24-2008   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MNF Packers/Saints

Holy cow, I didn't realize how much of a cannon Aaron Rodgers had. That pass that Jennings caught (and got crushed on) was a freaking LASER.

Not that cannons shoot lasers, but you know what I mean.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #2
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MNF Packers/Saints

I didnt know Packers D was soo bad, we have a chance!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I didnt know Packers D was soo bad, we have a chance!
Man, you ain't kidding. I can't believe how brutal their defense is. I thought they were supposed to have a pretty good secondary?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they had some injuries in the secondary. I know Rouse was forced out of the game for sure, and I think their other safety was as well.

The most impressive thing was NO's secondary. I think I heard Tirico say all they had at CB was their #1,4, & 5.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Greenbay came into the game as the third ranked defensive secondary. Brees just picked'em apart. Impressive game.

On a side note Saints are 3-1 without Reggie. Just sayin.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Rodgers does have a strong arm .... but he's made decisions like Rosencoptor lately , I wonder if the Pack is second guessing sending Favre to NY.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't you? Well at least to a certain degree (with regard to second guessing).

Agree about the Rosencopter decisions. But by the same token, Rodgers has shown glimpses of being pretty darn good. I really don't think the Pack were thinking they would do much this year, other than getting Rodgers starting time and some solid experience.. I guess they (the Pack) were looking at the bigger picture and not the window closing on Favre.
Old 11-25-2008   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Wouldn't you? Well at least to a certain degree (with regard to second guessing).

Agree about the Rosencopter decisions. But by the same token, Rodgers has shown glimpses of being pretty darn good. I really don't think the Pack were thinking they would do much this year, other than getting Rodgers starting time and some solid experience.. I guess they (the Pack) were looking at the bigger picture and not the window closing on Favre.
In their mind I think it was like this:

Get Favre-like play for two more years

or

Struggle for a year or two and then get Favre-like (hopefully) play for 5-10 years
Old 11-25-2008   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Rodgers does have a strong arm .... but he's made decisions like Rosencoptor lately , I wonder if the Pack is second guessing sending Favre to NY.
Favre looks good in NY but is he willing and motivated to play another two years WITHOUT the now soap opera off-season decision of retiring? If without any hesitation from Favre the answer was yes then yeah big regret, however I don't think the answer would've gone like that.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
In their mind I think it was like this:

Get Favre-like play for two more years

or

Struggle for a year or two and then get Favre-like (hopefully) play for 5-10 years
that's exactly how they were thinking. If they'd let favre jerk their chain a few more seasons Rodgers probably would've left; & he would've been right to.

As for his play, he'll be ok, i expected him to struggle a little but even with that he's still right on track stat wise to do exactly what favre did last year in this offense. If they could stop someone & establish the run game like they did last year, he might've been on track to collect as many wins.

Last edited by Mr teX; 11-25-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008   #11
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 138 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think they had some injuries in the secondary. I know Rouse was forced out of the game for sure, and I think their other safety was as well.

The most impressive thing was NO's secondary. I think I heard Tirico say all they had at CB was their #1,4, & 5.
I wish we'd have had our #1, but Mike McKenzie is on IR along with Tracy Porter. Those two were our 1 and 2 corners. Old man Aaron Glenn is out too, which left us with Randall Gay (nickel), Jason David (#5 assuming everyone else is healthy), Usama Young (same-ish), and some dude named Torrence (????).

The plus side is that it's getting Gay and Young serious experience in our system. Both have the potential (Young especially, he's an athletic freak) to be solid corners. The down side is that I think that system sucks for the most part.

I wouldn't read too much into Green Bay's secondary based off of this game. Woodson and Harris are about as solid as it gets in the NFL. If you take a closer look, we only completed two passes to WR's not name Lance Moore all day. For the most part we avoided those cornerbacks and used our deep threats to run the coverage off deep so that we could come back to the more favorable matchups in the short and intermediate ranges. Tight ends and backs saw a lot of completed passes - most of them matched up on linebackers and safeties.

All that, added to the fact that every so often Drew Brees is scheduled to show up at a football game and defecate gold bricks for three and a half hours. That pass to Colston for the TD was just sick.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
On a side note Saints are 3-1 without Reggie. Just sayin.
Oh no, say it ain't so Goldensilence !
Kornhole has proclaimed little reggie potentially the "star of stars" in the NFL.
How can the Saints possibly succeed without him ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

IMO, Rodgers is having a pretty darn good year. QB is not the Pack's problem. Their defense has been pathetic. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but...

Rodgers has a 63.5 comp %, 2599 yds with 17 TDs and 9 picks (3 were Monday night). To me, that's pretty impressive.

They've scored under 20 points in only 2 games. An average of 27.6 points a game is great.

LOL! My apologies for the rambling.

Last edited by HOU-TEX; 11-26-2008 at 09:33 AM.
HOU-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
IMO, Rodgers is having a pretty darn good year. QB is not the Pack's problem. Their defense has been pathetic. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but...

Rodgers has a 63.5 comp %, 2599 yds with 17 TDs and 9 picks (3 were Monday night). To me, that's pretty impressive.

They've scored under 20 points in only 2 games. An average of 27.6 points a game is great.

LOL! My apologies for the rambling. :wink:
I agree 100%.... I think letting Favre go was a win-win for both Pack and NY Titans errrrrrrrr Jets.
Old 11-26-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree 100%.... I think letting Favre go was a win-win for both Pack and NY Titans errrrrrrrr Jets.
Yeah, the Jets are beginning to impress the heck out of me defensively. They're also running the ball very well too. Which is something they've had trouble with in the past. Thomas Jones is quietly having himself a phenominal season.
Old 11-26-2008   #16
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was falling asleep during the Taints / Pack game but I seem to remember a NO player sacking Aaron Rodgers and then doing the Pee Wee Herman dance.

Was I delirious or did that actually happen?
Old 11-26-2008   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
I was falling asleep during the Taints / Pack game but I seem to remember a NO player sacking Aaron Rodgers and then doing the Pee Wee Herman dance.

Was I delirious or did that actually happen?
Was it Sedrick Ellis?

I remember him doing some sort of silly dance.
Old 11-26-2008   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah, the Jets are beginning to impress the heck out of me defensively. They're also running the ball very well too. Which is something they've had trouble with in the past. Thomas Jones is quietly having himself a phenominal season.
I wouldn't mind having Kerry Rhodes as our strong safety.
Old 11-26-2008   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
I wouldn't mind having Kerry Rhodes as our strong safety.
A Kris Jenkins wouldn't hurt either. Dudes a beast.
Old 11-26-2008   #20
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was it Sedrick Ellis?

I remember him doing some sort of silly dance.
Yeah, that was it.

At the end of Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure, Pee Wee is wearing those huge shoes and does that retarded looking dance at the biker bar to the song "Tequilla."

I'm pretty sure that is what Sed Ellis was doing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read