Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

MNF Packers/Saints

DiehardChris

You betcha!
Holy cow, I didn't realize how much of a cannon Aaron Rodgers had. That pass that Jennings caught (and got crushed on) was a freaking LASER.

Not that cannons shoot lasers, but you know what I mean.

I think they had some injuries in the secondary. I know Rouse was forced out of the game for sure, and I think their other safety was as well.

The most impressive thing was NO's secondary. I think I heard Tirico say all they had at CB was their #1,4, & 5.

Greenbay came into the game as the third ranked defensive secondary. Brees just picked'em apart. Impressive game.

On a side note Saints are 3-1 without Reggie. Just sayin.

Rodgers does have a strong arm .... but he's made decisions like Rosencoptor lately , I wonder if the Pack is second guessing sending Favre to NY.

Wouldn't you? Well at least to a certain degree (with regard to second guessing).

Agree about the Rosencopter decisions. But by the same token, Rodgers has shown glimpses of being pretty darn good. I really don't think the Pack were thinking they would do much this year, other than getting Rodgers starting time and some solid experience.. I guess they (the Pack) were looking at the bigger picture and not the window closing on Favre.

Wouldn't you? Well at least to a certain degree (with regard to second guessing).

Agree about the Rosencopter decisions. But by the same token, Rodgers has shown glimpses of being pretty darn good. I really don't think the Pack were thinking they would do much this year, other than getting Rodgers starting time and some solid experience.. I guess they (the Pack) were looking at the bigger picture and not the window closing on Favre.

In their mind I think it was like this:

Get Favre-like play for two more years

or

Struggle for a year or two and then get Favre-like (hopefully) play for 5-10 years

Rodgers does have a strong arm .... but he's made decisions like Rosencoptor lately , I wonder if the Pack is second guessing sending Favre to NY.

Favre looks good in NY but is he willing and motivated to play another two years WITHOUT the now soap opera off-season decision of retiring? If without any hesitation from Favre the answer was yes then yeah big regret, however I don't think the answer would've gone like that.

In their mind I think it was like this:

Get Favre-like play for two more years

or

Struggle for a year or two and then get Favre-like (hopefully) play for 5-10 years

that's exactly how they were thinking. If they'd let favre jerk their chain a few more seasons Rodgers probably would've left; & he would've been right to.

As for his play, he'll be ok, i expected him to struggle a little but even with that he's still right on track stat wise to do exactly what favre did last year in this offense. If they could stop someone & establish the run game like they did last year, he might've been on track to collect as many wins.

Last edited:
I think they had some injuries in the secondary. I know Rouse was forced out of the game for sure, and I think their other safety was as well.

The most impressive thing was NO's secondary. I think I heard Tirico say all they had at CB was their #1,4, & 5.

I wish we'd have had our #1, but Mike McKenzie is on IR along with Tracy Porter. Those two were our 1 and 2 corners. Old man Aaron Glenn is out too, which left us with Randall Gay (nickel), Jason David (#5 assuming everyone else is healthy), Usama Young (same-ish), and some dude named Torrence (????).

The plus side is that it's getting Gay and Young serious experience in our system. Both have the potential (Young especially, he's an athletic freak) to be solid corners. The down side is that I think that system sucks for the most part. :)

I wouldn't read too much into Green Bay's secondary based off of this game. Woodson and Harris are about as solid as it gets in the NFL. If you take a closer look, we only completed two passes to WR's not name Lance Moore all day. For the most part we avoided those cornerbacks and used our deep threats to run the coverage off deep so that we could come back to the more favorable matchups in the short and intermediate ranges. Tight ends and backs saw a lot of completed passes - most of them matched up on linebackers and safeties.

All that, added to the fact that every so often Drew Brees is scheduled to show up at a football game and defecate gold bricks for three and a half hours. That pass to Colston for the TD was just sick.

IMO, Rodgers is having a pretty darn good year. QB is not the Pack's problem. Their defense has been pathetic. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but...

Rodgers has a 63.5 comp %, 2599 yds with 17 TDs and 9 picks (3 were Monday night). To me, that's pretty impressive.

They've scored under 20 points in only 2 games. An average of 27.6 points a game is great.

LOL! My apologies for the rambling. :winky:

Last edited:
IMO, Rodgers is having a pretty darn good year. QB is not the Pack's problem. Their defense has been pathetic. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but...

Rodgers has a 63.5 comp %, 2599 yds with 17 TDs and 9 picks (3 were Monday night). To me, that's pretty impressive.

They've scored under 20 points in only 2 games. An average of 27.6 points a game is great.

LOL! My apologies for the rambling. :wink:

I agree 100%.... I think letting Favre go was a win-win for both Pack and NY Titans errrrrrrrr Jets.

I agree 100%.... I think letting Favre go was a win-win for both Pack and NY Titans errrrrrrrr Jets.

Yeah, the Jets are beginning to impress the heck out of me defensively. They're also running the ball very well too. Which is something they've had trouble with in the past. Thomas Jones is quietly having himself a phenominal season.

I was falling asleep during the Taints / Pack game but I seem to remember a NO player sacking Aaron Rodgers and then doing the Pee Wee Herman dance.

Was I delirious or did that actually happen?

I was falling asleep during the Taints / Pack game but I seem to remember a NO player sacking Aaron Rodgers and then doing the Pee Wee Herman dance.

Was I delirious or did that actually happen?

Was it Sedrick Ellis?

I remember him doing some sort of silly dance.

Yeah, the Jets are beginning to impress the heck out of me defensively. They're also running the ball very well too. Which is something they've had trouble with in the past. Thomas Jones is quietly having himself a phenominal season.

I wouldn't mind having Kerry Rhodes as our strong safety.

Was it Sedrick Ellis?

I remember him doing some sort of silly dance.

Yeah, that was it.

At the end of Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure, Pee Wee is wearing those huge shoes and does that retarded looking dance at the biker bar to the song "Tequilla."

I'm pretty sure that is what Sed Ellis was doing.

Back