Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2008   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Blizzard? Um, Whizz? Er, Balk?

What was that defensive play called again that we did where the linebacker came straight in between the center and tackle and slammed the QB to the turf? And again later where the safety came around the end straight after the quarterback?

In all seriousness, the defensive playcalling did not look the same as it has these past 10 weeks. Anybody think that maybe Smith is no longer calling the defensive plays? Or is he just desperate because of all of the criticism? Methinks he's out the door, and while Kubes won't do anything publicly, I think his duties have been handed off to someone else behind the scenes. Much like Sherman's were handed off to Shanahan the last few weeks of last season when Sherman accepted the A&M job. Just a hunch.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #2
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blizzard? Um, Whizz? Er, Balk?

I can only hope your hunch turns out be true and Smith is gone after the season.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

That Adibi kid sure is fast huh?
Old 11-24-2008   #4
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

DerekLee1 please be right, nice observation
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Ryans was the LB that slammed the QB up the middle, IIRC. My issue with those plays is the same issue I always have - they don't happen enough. I'd like to see Ryans blitz more (injured leg notwithstanding).

I agree about Adibi. I hope he keeps the speed at a higher weight next season.
Old 11-24-2008   #6
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Diles, Ryans and Adibi - those are my starters at LB going into 2009, well if I was the coach.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Ryans was the LB that slammed the QB up the middle, IIRC. My issue with those plays is the same issue I always have - they don't happen enough. I'd like to see Ryans blitz more (injured leg notwithstanding).

I agree about Adibi. I hope he keeps the speed at a higher weight next season.
I watched it twice and was pretty sure that it was number 52 that did it, and the guy was a buttload skinnier than Ryans is.
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2008   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I watched it twice and was pretty sure that it was number 52 that did it, and the guy was a buttload skinnier than Ryans is.
Having only watched it live, I defer to your observation.
Old 11-24-2008   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Smith was still calling plays, I just think he happened to catch the Bills Browns game last week and saw that the Cleveland OL was suseptible to a LB rush up the gut. It happened at least 5 times last week
Old 11-24-2008   #10
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoever was calling the plays must have been watching tape of the MNF game between Cleveland and Buffalo the week before. Kawika Mitchell was coming free up the middle at will. DeMeco has always had the knack for finding a soft spot in the protection, I'll never understand why he doesn't(didn't?) get to blitz a whole lot more often.

gtexan you beat me by about 3 minutes on the Buffalo game, grrr.

Last edited by Jackie Chiles; 11-24-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Jackie Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Having only watched it live, I defer to your observation.
On the first viewing I thought the exact same thing because it looked like the MLB that did the rushing, but when I saw the reverse view you could see the number big as day, and it wasn't 59.

Also, I love Adibi.
Old 11-24-2008   #12
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
What was that defensive play called again that we did where the linebacker came straight in between the center and tackle and slammed the QB to the turf? And again later where the safety came around the end straight after the quarterback?

In all seriousness, the defensive playcalling did not look the same as it has these past 10 weeks. Anybody think that maybe Smith is no longer calling the defensive plays? Or is he just desperate because of all of the criticism? Methinks he's out the door, and while Kubes won't do anything publicly, I think his duties have been handed off to someone else behind the scenes. Much like Sherman's were handed off to Shanahan the last few weeks of last season when Sherman accepted the A&M job. Just a hunch.
I think it was called a blitz....maybe Amobi knows what it was...errrr. nevermind
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #13
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On the first viewing I thought the exact same thing because it looked like the MLB that did the rushing, but when I saw the reverse view you could see the number big as day, and it wasn't 59.

Also, I love Adibi.
Yeah, it was Ryans who ran up the middle and shoved the QB to the ground.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post

I think it was more of a case of us going against Brady Quinn. If we would have tried that against Manning, it would have been worse than 33-27.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #15
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Also, I love Adibi.
You are wrong it was Ryans.

Also, I love Adibi too!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Quote:
Y'all are both right. There were a couple of plays where a LB shot the gap & made it to the QB. Adibi crushed Quinn on one play, and I remember Ryans making a similar play during the game.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #17
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think McNair needs to come out now and either publicly or privately say to Kubiak what he plans to do with him after the season. If Kubes is to be retained (likely), then Kubes needs to say to hell with the season, privately demote Richard Smith, and start evaluating young guys such as Adibi, Molden, and Barber in starting roles. In addition, use it as an opportunity to sample Frank Bush's defensive playcalling. This was, after all, the guy that was his first choice for DC and this gives him a GREAT chance to see what Bush can do without handing him the reigns at the beginning of a season.

Man up, McNair. Make the call.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read