Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2008   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Win These Last Five Games For A 9-7 Record

Will they do it? It'd be very sweet.
Old 11-24-2008   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Win These Last Five Games For A 9-7 Record

I think its possible, but if I had to put my money on a guess, I think we'll probably:

Beat the Jags
Beat the Raiders
Lose to Chi
Lose to Ten
Lose to GB

That'll put us at 6-10
Old 11-24-2008   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

At leat beat Ten.
Old 11-24-2008   #4
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
At leat beat Ten.
Admittedly that's the only game that i really want them to win. This season is a wash & at this point a 9-7 record is just a detriment to us getting better for next year b/c it pushes our draft slot down.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Fire the DC.
Old 11-24-2008   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At leat beat Ten.
That and the Monday Night game and I'm happy.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

9-7 was my prediction at the beginning of the year. I think I'll be wrong, but hope not. Would be nice to finish the year on a positive note, but, we play UGLY football, and I just don't see us beating GB on their turf, and I think the Raiders will be tough to beat. They kicked the crap out of the Broncs yesterday, and they have a hostile environment at home. PLUS, we are HORRIBLE on the road! HOPEFULLY, pride and home field advantage will net us win's over our division rivals. We just need to be the 12th man for our last three home games and end this year with positive hopes and dreams for next season.

SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2008   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

I'd love to hand Ten. their second loss of the season.
Old 11-24-2008   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
9-7 was my prediction at the beginning of the year. I think I'll be wrong, but hope not. Would be nice to finish the year on a positive note, but, we play UGLY football, and I just don't see us beating GB on their turf, and I think the Raiders will be tough to beat. They kicked the crap out of the Broncs yesterday, and they have a hostile environment at home. PLUS, we are HORRIBLE on the road! HOPEFULLY, pride and home field advantage will net us win's over our division rivals. We just need to be the 12th man for our last three home games and end this year with positive hopes and dreams for next season.

I think that the Raiders will be an easy win. That win over Denver was a divisional game, and Denver really has a terrible defense.
Old 11-24-2008   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
and Denver really has a terrible defense.
So do we!! Also, the Texans make an "easy" game difficult! BUT, I hope you are right. Depends on which TEXAN team decides to show up.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #11
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

I see us going 2-3 over the last 5

Beat Jacksonville and Oakland

Lose to GB, Tenn and Chicago

Just my opinion. They could beat Chicago, but I doubt it.
Old 11-24-2008   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

for the Texans to go 9-7 the defense has to get it's act together (and keep it together), and the QB (either of them) has to quit turning the ball over. If both of those happen, we could go 9-7. However, I'm thinking 6-10 for this year, maybe 7-9.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

We shall see.
Old 11-24-2008   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we beat Oakland in Oakland. They have one of the best cb in football. Our surest bet is probably Jacksonville and even that isn't a sure thing.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

You are looking at 5-11.
Old 11-24-2008   #16
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Will they do it? It'd be very sweet.
It'd be nice, yes. But then the media, the fans, and the team will feel the Texans have turned the corner. "You know, we just got off to a bad start, but look how we finished the season." would be the quote of the offseason.

And speaking of offseason (already?) since they turned the corner after rolling 6 in a row - why fix it if it ain't broke, but just need to be tweaked. Schaub would get his extension, Rosenfelds (now losing the "copter" since he helped start THE turnaround with the Brown win) gets a 2 year extension. Smith is has apprarently developed the defense and they're on a roll - he gets to stick around to improve it for next year with just a "few key pieces" missing...... so they focus the draft on defensive line and acquire a "just past" his prime RB.

.... but I don't see 5 in a row happening. I see 2 more similar to above, Oak and Jac - even those don't seem to be gimmie's. Anything more is icing.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #17
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I dig the optimism but I'm sure the Texans are handling these games one at a time, and I suggest we, as fans, all do the same.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I think its possible, but if I had to put my money on a guess, I think we'll probably:

Beat the Jags
Beat the Raiders
Lose to Chi
Lose to Ten
Lose to GB

That'll put us at 6-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
I see us going 2-3 over the last 5

Beat Jacksonville and Oakland

Lose to GB, Tenn and Chicago

Just my opinion. They could beat Chicago, but I doubt it.
yep, IF we're lucky. I expect nothing from this team at this point, so if they win, yay.
Old 11-24-2008   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I don't think we beat Oakland in Oakland. They have one of the best cb in football. Our surest bet is probably Jacksonville and even that isn't a sure thing.
You do realize we have the best receiver in football too right? Along with the fact that outside of Asomougha, they have literally nothing.

We always go to Oakland, and we always beat them, and with how hilarious their FO has been this year, I actually still expect a win there.

But yeah, I'd say the winnable games are probably JAX, OAK, then probably CHI unless TEN or GB has playoff spots sewn up already and are choosing to rest starters that are nicked up.
Old 11-24-2008   #20
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think we win the last game against Chicago for the same reason we beat Jacksonville. They'll be resting their starters for the playoffs.

I believe we'll get W's against Jax on Battle Red Day and Oakland.

Dont think we'll beat Green Bay in Lambeau and outside of Tennessee having homefield locked up we shouldn't beat them either.

7-9 imo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read