Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2008   #1
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Holding? No Face Mask? Horrible Officiating!!!!!

OK, so I'm glad we won, but whats with the officiating in the Cleveland game.

1.Exhibit A: Meyers gets called for a hold, which I couldn't see a damn thing that would dictate a holding call, and on top of it Rogers trys to decapitate Green and the officials say that he grab the top of his helmet. Come on his fingers were on the top part of the face mask.

2. Illegal Contact that kept a 4th Qtr. Drive going for the Browns. It looked pretty much like it was tit for tat. Plus there was another Illegal Contact call in that drive that we never got to see.

3. Two holding calls on returns, which we never got to see, yet an obvious block in the back on a Browns Punt Return goes unnoticed.

4. I saw several holds where there was 12 inches of Texans Jersey bieng pulled yet no call.

This reminds me of last year when Owen Daniels was hit early by the Browns causing a turn over, with no call, plus another crappy call that cost us last years game in Cleveland. I still count last years game against the Browns as a win.

Anyway hate to complain when we win, but it just seems like the Browns get some kind of extra help from the NFL against us. Ed Hock a Lugi should spend more time in the film room and less time working on the biceps. I think maybe he was just made he didn't get to wear short sleeve uniforms on this game and took it out on Houston!!!!
Big Lou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Holding? No Face Mask? Horrible Officiating!!!!!

I didn't even know they were allowed to call a holding call that they missed originally.
Old 11-23-2008   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hochuli doesn't throw all the flags.

He is the head ref, but that doesn't make him responsible for all the bad calls.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

the refereeing this entire season seems to be a little off. i'm not saying it's bad, just that there's been something goofy going on.
Old 11-23-2008   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Hochuli doesn't throw all the flags.

He is the head ref, but that doesn't make him responsible for all the bad calls.
I know, I just wanted to make fun of him. I'm projecting all my anger on to him. I'm just jealous of the guns. He is one of the better Refs in the game today, IMO.

Is this you Ed??????
Old 11-23-2008   #6
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
He is one of the better Refs in the game today, IMO.
Just remember not to say that to a Chargers fan.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Just remember not to say that to a Chargers fan.

Good point!!!!

Forogt about that one!!!!!!!
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2008   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hochuli and crew have been one of the worst officiating crews this year. Lots of errors, some of which received national attention.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive seen worse against the Texns this year.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #10
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

The defense was getting nailed with a bunch of ticky-tack stuff against the Ravens too.

I wonder if coaches are pointing something we're doing out to the refs or if our defensive reputation is costing us in flags as well.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hate the ticky calls where by rule, it's holding but for realsies it shouldn't be called. The refs do alright but sometimes they can dictate the game a little too much.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

When you go to grab someone's helmet and pull their head backwards, that should be a serious penalty. I don't care if you touched the actual face mask or not.

Granted, I don't even think RBs should be able to stiff-arm helmets (the top). If it were up to me, you intentionally touch somebody's helmet with your hand, that's a 15 yd. personal foul every time. For one thing, people's bodies go where the head leads....so using that is cheating. Second, people have necks and they've been known to kill them when they break.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #13
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The answer is yes, the officiating was horrible yesterday. With the facemask penalty, it should have at least evened out the two penalties. How they missed that one (I was screaming face mask when it happened live) bothers me, and truly shows how inoperable Ed's officiating crew has been this year.
TEXANS84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
The answer is yes, the officiating was horrible yesterday. With the facemask penalty, it should have at least evened out the two penalties. How they missed that one (I was screaming face mask when it happened live) bothers me, and truly shows how inoperable Ed's officiating crew has been this year.
I still hold a grudge for his poor officiating against us in 2004. This bad ref thing is nothing new for Hochuli.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe Ed Hochuli was P.O.'d at the city of Houston for UH crushing his almer mata at Robertson Stadium by giving up 26 points in the 4th quarter.
Old 11-24-2008   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The ref crews are bad. Period.

They have too much power, and too much backing by the Ref's Association.

When .5 % of challenges are overturned, something is wrong. They don't want to admit that they are wrong.

Worst call this year, vs. Texans, was in the Steelers game when we had the first down and the camera showed Schaub easily surging past the first down marker--Ref spots it correctly the first time, and then WALKS IT BACKWARD so that it's juuuust short. I mean, seriously...that was the worst call, maybe in the history of all calls. It's so bad because they even reviewed the tape and they still wouldn't admit the mistake. What a freaking joke.
Old 11-24-2008   #17
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

I was pissed that the CBS idiots never showed a replay on the A. Davis TD that was called back. It's a pretty big play, choads, you might want to show a replay of that one.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
I was pissed that the CBS idiots never showed a replay on the A. Davis TD that was called back. It's a pretty big play, choads, you might want to show a replay of that one.
Maybe they couldn't find the hold so they didn't know which angle to run...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #19
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The officiating was bad to be sure, but it was bad on both sides of the ball. If anyone rewinds the old PVR and looks at the downfield view of Slaton's long run up the middle, we were holding onto an awful LOT of jersey right at the point of attack.

I am still mystified on the non-call on the facemask (added bonus holding on us). That's at LEAST a 25-yd. swing - for those keeping score @ home.
Old 11-24-2008   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The officiating was bad to be sure, but it was bad on both sides of the ball. If anyone rewinds the old PVR and looks at the downfield view of Slaton's long run up the middle, we were holding onto an awful LOT of jersey right at the point of attack.

I am still mystified on the non-call on the facemask (added bonus holding on us). That's at LEAST a 25-yd. swing - for those keeping score @ home.
We hold a lot on big runs. Not a lot of it gets called.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read