Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2008   #21
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Our D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Despite as much dumb decisions this team has made I can't believe even they would be that dumb.........can they?
Bet we could trade him to Al Davis for a third rounder...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Agreed, I am glad we won. what sticks out to me is the gaping holes that Lewis ran threw for some big gains..

Jags and Titans like to run the ball and play a little smash mouth.
Yeah , that drive in the third quarter that ended in in INT .... I dunno why the hell the Browns threw the ball . Its 3rd and two , you've run the ball well , I hand it to Lewis until he crosses the goal line . They were really pushing the Texans DL around on that drive and never really got back to running the ball after that.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #23
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hate to say it, because he was a very high pick......but Okoye has been nothing but a huge liability on the field.
I said it during the preseason how bad he looked and got killed for it. I said it after the Pittsburgh game and a few other games this season but nobody wants to hear that about Amobi. Hell, I said that it seemed like the guy had diplomatic immunity from getting bashed for not playing well. People are going to point to his age, but his age shouldn't be a factor in how bad he's played all season. Amobi has been a huge disappointment so far. He's down-right stunk!
Old 11-23-2008   #24
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Bet we could trade him to Al Davis for a third rounder...

Even Al Davis isnt that senile , I bet we couldnt get an empty beer bottle for Smith.

Old 11-23-2008   #25
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Even Al Davis isnt that senile , I bet we couldnt get an empty beer bottle for Smith.
Yes he is...
Old 11-23-2008   #26
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Yes he is...
Dick Smith wont run real fast at the combine .... I wish we could find some kinda way to make him run outa town real fast.

Old 11-23-2008   #27
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80155 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hate to say it, because he was a very high pick......but Okoye has been nothing but a huge liability on the field.

I don't know why we took two 300 pound DTs (I doubt Okoye even weighs that much) in the first round..(I do realize that TJ was drafted to be a 3-4 end, but still)...I want a space eater if we have to take another one high again.

This team would've been much better off with Patrick Willis flying around to the ball.
According to the Texans Okoye is playing at 308. But I wish we took Willis at this point as well.

TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2008   #28
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
According to the Texans Okoye is playing at 308. But I wish we took Willis at this point as well.
According to the Rockets Aaron Brooks is 6ft tall too.........and everybody here knows that aint true.

Like I said, I seriously doubt Okoye weighs over 3 bills.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #29
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really....how long have you been a fan?

Raiders vs Texans 06 How can anybody forget the "suckbowl".

Check that game out.......this game doesn't even come close to that one.
Touche, selective memory at work. I actually quoted that game after someone mentioned wanting Carr back.

Anyway did anyone watch Molden closely? I know he got in the game but I only noticed him once or twice.
Old 11-23-2008   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
According to the Rockets Aaron Brooks is 6ft tall too.........and everybody here knows that aint true.

Like I said, I seriously doubt Okoye weighs over 3 bills.
I think Okoye has his best football ahead of him , he's still a kid playing a mans game. Gotta remember he was the youngest guy ever drafted and is basicly playing his Jr. year of college ball .... in the NFL. I think his body will mature and the experience he gets in the NFL will be invaluable going forward.

Old 11-23-2008   #31
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Okoye has his best football ahead of him , he's still a kid playing a mans game. Gotta remember he was the youngest guy ever drafted and is basicly playing his Jr. year of college ball .... in the NFL. I think his body will mature and the experience he gets in the NFL will be invaluable going forward.
What have you seen out of him this year that would make you think this? I just don't get it. I mean, the guy is 21. Is that too young to be a productive player. I don't mean good or even decent, just productive. He doesn't make any plays. He's invisible. He's the Morlon Greenwood of defensive lineman.
Old 11-23-2008   #32
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 141004 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Okoye is like drafting Travis Johnson all over again . Of course this is one of those Texan draft hindsight things .
Old 11-23-2008   #33
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77963 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He could also be an athlete that peaked at 19

ie the great high school stars that are No. 1 in the nation and then never crack the depth chart in their college career. Taking a young guy so soon is a huge gamble
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #34
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

He has stunk, but there is a loooooooong way to go before we can officially call him a bust. Hes got a few more years until he really gets into his adult body and puts on some more weight,etc. He may also be simply more valuable next to a TRUE big man DT so he can best utilize his speed. But it is what it is this year.... other than Mario, our D-line is going to SUCK.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #35
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Adibi looked better than Morlon for the 2nd week in a row and if he gets moved out of the starting lineup I am going to be very upset. Xavier and DeMeco give us two linebackers that can blitz pretty well and Smith actually called their number a few times today. He and the rest of the LBs pretty much shut down Winslow today. Anyway he looks like a keeper to me, its too bad we needed injuries to Morlon and Diles to get him on the field.
Old 11-23-2008   #36
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Adibi looked better than Morlon for the 2nd week in a row and if he gets moved out of the starting lineup I am going to be very upset. Xavier and DeMeco give us two linebackers that can blitz pretty well and Smith actually called their number a few times today. He and the rest of the LBs pretty much shut down Winslow today. Anyway he looks like a keeper to me, its too bad we needed injuries to Morlon and Diles to get him on the field.
Yeah, Adibi has played well. He made an outstanding play on the Joshua Cribbs reverse too.
Old 11-23-2008   #37
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Yep I have been impressed with Adibi, he almost looks like Ryans at the OLB position. He definitely has more speed than Greenwood.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #38
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

texans defense = #22
the browns' O = #27

they're just the stats, but still..
Old 11-23-2008   #39
brakos82
Hall of Fame

I think that the next time we get a BS roughing call we should have Mario blatantly hit the QB as hard as they can, then go over to the ref and grab the flag and throw it. haha.

And say "Thats ****ing roughing the passer!"
Old 11-23-2008   #40
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

What i wanna know Travis Johnson is he ever going to step up ........????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read