Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2008   #741
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans @ Browns - Gameday Thead

Both teams wanted to loose this game. Unfortunately the Texans came out as "winners" on this one.
Old 11-23-2008   #742
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Both teams wanted to loose this game. Unfortunately the Texans came out as "winners" on this one.
Excuse me, I am hoping you "miswrote" here. I agree that the Browns tried harder to lose than we did today, but I view that as fortunate.
Old 11-23-2008   #743
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Excuse me, I am hoping you "miswrote" here. I agree that the Browns tried harder to lose than we did today, but I view that as fortunate.
Lol. I was just joking.
Old 11-23-2008   #744
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Lol. I was just joking.
NO problem. Good time to use the sarcasm smilie
Old 11-23-2008   #745
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Dammit, every win screws up our high draft pick again!

God I wish we could win out, so every win didn't put us in the middle of being interested in football in the new year, and contending for the first pick.

Good win today though...even if it was the battle of the teams who tried their best to lose. Great numbers for AJ and Walter, good job there...haven't seen the highlights yet, although from the during match chatter, it sounds like the highlights package is the best way to watch this game.
mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #746
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
high draft pick again

who is paying for 1 of those
Old 11-24-2008   #747
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I am always glad for a win, no matter what it does to our draft status or pick number. I'm looking forward to the day we draft 32nd.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2008   #748
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2923 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations on the win. I wish I could say that the game was a hard fought battle between two contenders with great coaching and execution on both sides. But the truth is the Browns just flat out suck this year. Poor playcalling, execution, and coaching will lead to this type of effort. The Texans made better plays when it mattered and deserved to win.

On the bright side for the Browns-maybe we get a better draft pick. But we'll probably screw that up also.
Old 11-24-2008   #749
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
Congratulations on the win. I wish I could say that the game was a hard fought battle between two contenders with great coaching and execution on both sides. But the truth is the Browns just flat out suck this year. Poor playcalling, execution, and coaching will lead to this type of effort. The Texans made better plays when it mattered and deserved to win.

On the bright side for the Browns-maybe we get a better draft pick. But we'll probably screw that up also.
I've seen a lot of posts this year with the exact same wording, only they were about the Texans. LOL

Good luck texdawg with your team and hopefully your offseason goes well.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #750
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
anthony weaver got a pick. mario's credited with only one tackle, but it was for a 3 yard loss. he knocked brady quinn on his ass a couple of times.
I'm still that this dude ** gags ** was out there making plays. An interception & a couple of tackles for loss? It just doesn't add up i tell u.

If he keeps this up, the coaching staff might actually think he's been worth the money we're paying him or worse................they might want him back on the roster for next year...................
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read