Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-24-2008   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Chili Cookoff At Bubba's

I'll mark my calendar. It sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm not much of a cook, but my mother-in-law makes some fantastic potato salad. I'll have to check out her recipe and talk the wifey into making it!
Old 11-24-2008   #42
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I hope to see you out there DB.
Old 11-24-2008   #43
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 553 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
It's not potato salad without potatoes. It's like having a hamburger without ham.
EXACTLY, now you are getting the jist of what we are trying to explain to others on the board.
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #44
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
It's not potato salad without potatoes. It's like having a hamburger without ham.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit View Post
EXACTLY, now you are getting the jist of what we are trying to explain to others on the board.
It is kind of like they aren't french fries, unless you are eating them while in France.
Old 11-24-2008   #45
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I swear everytime I see this thread I go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #46
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary! I'm so sorry but my granddaughters have a dance competition that weekend and I will be OOT. Just thought about the conflict tonight. I know you all will have a great time. I'm sad! I would love to be there to support your foundation.

Gma
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008   #47
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 553 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
It is kind of like they aren't french fries, unless you are eating them while in France.
Now we are on the right track.

I am sure you heard of chocolate "moose". Ya have to be creative when in a cookoff.

I'm outta here.
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2008   #48
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, the date is February 22, not the 20th. It is on a Sunday. I will post the time as soon as we get it from Bubba's.
Old 11-27-2008   #49
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Sorry, the date is February 22, not the 20th. It is on a Sunday. I will post the time as soon as we get it from Bubba's.
That is Sean's birthday. I'll bring a cake, he can celebrate at the cookoff.
Old 11-27-2008   #50
gary
Hall of Fame

It will be a big birthday party for him. It will be great.
Old 11-28-2008   #51
gary
Hall of Fame

bump
Old 11-29-2008   #52
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
bump

LOL...bumping your sticky there, hoss?

I am ready for some chili too. May have to make some today and start tweaking our recipe.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #53
gary
Hall of Fame

I'm there for ya.
Old 11-29-2008   #54
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, for some of us local losers that can't make it(me),will any of these recipes be posted to try?
Old 11-29-2008   #55
gary
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't post any receipes until after the cookoff. HINT to people planning on coming out.
Old 12-05-2008   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I don't have to worry about it either (posting a recipe), 'cause I don't know how to prepare chili.

I'm just marking my calendar, all I can do!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #57
gary
Hall of Fame

Being there is what counts. LOL
Old 12-08-2008   #58
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are some of the best Texas has to offer. You win in Terlingua and you got it going on...

http://www.chili.org/recipes.html
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #59
gary
Hall of Fame

Some more information on the cook-off.
Dr. Aisen and some of her PR people are coming in for this and she is very excited about coming to Houston. She is working on trying to have the cook-off filmed for national television. Eric Winston will be there and I may have some more names in sports in a couple of weeks that I will post. We will have raffles and a silent auction. If you have a company that wants to participate have them make a sign with their name. We are working on putting the application on my site or you can contact me or Bubba's at 713-860 7161.
Old 01-16-2009   #60
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

gary, where's the chili? I'm hungry!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read