Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-22-2008   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default My Chili Cookoff At Bubba's

My foundation is having a chili cookoff on February 22 at Bubba's Sports Bar and Grill on Washington and Westcott. Eric Winston will be there.
You can make chili, potato salad and margaritas. You may do only one or all three. It will start early since all the cooking has to be done at your area. I will post more information this week. I also have another sponsor that is planning something big and I will post it during the week also.

Last edited by gary; 11-27-2008 at 09:32 AM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #2
FILO_Doc
Veteran

Rep Power: 42 FILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Chili Cookoff At Bubba's

I will very unselfishly volunteer to be the head Margarita judge

I am also challenging anyone to beat Filo-Girl in the tater salad contest
Old 11-23-2008   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_Doc View Post
I will very unselfishly volunteer to be the head Margarita judge

I am also challenging anyone to beat Filo-Girl in the tater salad contest
LOL at the potato salad contest. Wolf, you need to come into town for this. You can stay at my place.

The potato salad part of this came about at Gary's golf tournament. Bubba's makes GREAT potato salad, and I was telling him about Wolf's fondness for the HEB stuff.

I will be bringing some great chilli - with beans

I call 2nd Margarita judge.

edit: next post is 3,000 I need to make it count!
Old 11-23-2008   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep them coming.
Old 11-23-2008   #5
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
My foundation is having a chili cookoff on February 20th at Bubba's Sports Bar and Grill on Washington and Westcott. Eric Winston will be there.
You can make chili, potato salad and margaritas. You may do only one or all three. It will start early since all the cooking has to be done at your area. I will post more information this week. I also have another sponsor that is planning something big and I will post it during the week also.
You know I am there...along with my tater salad.
I can't believe Wolf prefers commercial tater salad. Ewww!!!
(Must be a Yellow lot thang...)

Bullpen Andy and Justin better be there...and don't forget those fried Oreos and bananas (damn those were good!).
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

My Orange juice was good too.
Old 11-23-2008   #7
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
My Orange juice was good too.
So...now you and Doc are calling it OJ?
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2008   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

It was. Doc you handle this I'm out of here.
Old 11-23-2008   #9
FILO_Doc
Veteran

Rep Power: 42 FILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respected

So I am taking it that you are throwing me under the bus. I thought you had my back Mr. Gary
Old 11-23-2008   #10
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Will you be my friend if I go to Bubba's?
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep reminding me Gary! I need to take off work.

I bet I can give Carrie a run for the gold in the tatar salad division!!

I'm tweaking my chile receipt also! Gonna see if I can make it two in a row at the BC cookoff!! Justin just THINKS he's got this one in the bag!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Don't worry. I will remind you.
Old 11-23-2008   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
LOL at the potato salad contest. Wolf, you need to come into town for this. You can stay at my place.

The potato salad part of this came about at Gary's golf tournament. Bubba's makes GREAT potato salad, and I was telling him about Wolf's fondness for the HEB stuff.

I will be bringing some great chilli - with beans

I call 2nd Margarita judge.

edit: next post is 3,000 I need to make it count!
lol GHF .. I actually tried a different potato salad from the store and actually liked it even though I never have heard of it.

Potato salad for me is like a one and done (for a while), I crave it with bbq and then after that I am not really ready to eat it for weeks or so but.. anyway .. I tried some devil-egged potato salad .. that was really good even after a day or two after I initially had it..
Yes it was store bought at albertsons (because I am lazy)

but
Quote:
6 hard-cooked eggs *
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
1 tablespoon minced onions
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon minced sweet pickles
1-1/2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
Paprika, as needed

Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and set whites aside. Place hard-cooked yolks and the rest of the ingredients in a medium-sized plastic bag, press out air. Seal the bag and mash the egg mixture until it is well blended. Push mixture toward one corner. Cut about 1/2 inch off the corner of the bag. Squeeze the bag gently and fill the egg whites with yolk mixture. Chill or serve immediately. Garnish with paprika.
OR
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and set whites aside. In a small bowl, combine egg yolks, bacon, mustards, mayonnaise, honey; mix until smooth. Stir in onions and pickles; mix well. Spoon the mixture into the reserved whites, or pipe it in with a pastry tube. Garnish with paprika.

* Hard-Cooked Eggs
Place eggs in a single layer in a large pan. Cover eggs with water and bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15-17 minutes. Drain hot water, and place eggs in ice water. Peel when cooled.
http://www.nebraskapoultry.org/egg_recipes.htm#deviled
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Why are giving away such a great way to make it?
Old 11-23-2008   #15
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 554 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

Having already judged a 'tater salad contest I will place myself unselfishly as a 'Rita Judge. Hold that spot for me Gary.
Now, if anyone wants me to stir their chilly for hours on end let me know.
I have had extraodinary practice.
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

I can't wait to see you all out there.
Old 11-23-2008   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
lol GHF .. I actually tried a different potato salad from the store and actually liked it even though I never have heard of it.

Potato salad for me is like a one and done (for a while), I crave it with bbq and then after that I am not really ready to eat it for weeks or so but.. anyway .. I tried some devil-egged potato salad .. that was really good even after a day or two after I initially had it..
Yes it was store bought at albertsons (because I am lazy)

but

http://www.nebraskapoultry.org/egg_recipes.htm#deviled
I hate to break it to you, but that is egg salad - not potato salad. To be considered potato salad, you actually need to have a potato in it.
Old 11-23-2008   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Not if you are Wolf lol.
Old 11-23-2008   #19
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Keep reminding me Gary! I need to take off work.

I bet I can give Carrie a run for the gold in the tatar salad division!!
Competition!! I love it!
Old 11-23-2008   #20
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 554 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

I am glad you have straightened this out before the cook-off GHF.
As a matter of fact one of the 'tater salads I tasted in another cookoff seemed oddly like egg salad. Was wondering where that tater taste was.
Wolf, have you entered a 'tater salad contest lately?
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read