Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-22-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tt@ou

so who you got?

I originally said OU would take them, but with the bi-week of last week, I think TT will be coming out fresh

Last edited by Wolf; 11-22-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tt@ou

Texas Tech hasn't had an offensive holding penalty called on them in the last 6 games.

I think OU gets some home field advantage calls tonight and makes the best of them.

OU 40-38
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Texas Tech hasn't had an offensive holding penalty called on them in the last 6 games.

I think OU gets some home field advantage calls tonight and makes the best of them.

OU 40-38
6 games wow, that is unreal, I thought against UT I saw a couple of potential holding calls that weren't called. I am not saying that to be a sore loser because UT lost( UT didn't get things rolling until late and that is their own fault ), I just saw a few times where the D-lineman was taken down and at the time I was suprised nothing was called
Old 11-22-2008   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Even has a Longhorn fan .... I gotta say I hope TT wins this thing. Its good for the big 12 that they are strong and someone other than UT & OU have enough talent to win . There is nothing better than winning a championship. They wont be in the hunt next year , gonna lose a lot of as will OU .... The Horns will likely be very good again next season.

The beat down that TT put on OSU made a believer out of me , their defense is under rated ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
6 games wow, that is unreal, I thought against UT I saw a couple of potential holding calls that weren't called. I am not saying that to be a sore loser because UT lost( UT didn't get things rolling until late and that is their own fault ), I just saw a few times where the D-lineman was taken down and at the time I was suprised nothing was called
There were numerous holds in that game, but UT knew there would be going in.

That was the same crew that reffed the UT-OU game and didn't call any holds.

Seems like the Big XII refs in general are calling less holds this year, and not just when Tech is playing.
Old 11-22-2008   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Even has a Longhorn fan .... I gotta say I hope TT wins this thing. Its good for the big 12 that they are strong and someone other than UT & OU have enough talent to win . There is nothing better than winning a championship. They wont be in the hunt next year , gonna lose a lot of as will OU .... The Horns will likely be very good again next season.

The beat down that TT put on OSU made a believer out of me , their defense is under rated ....
Tech's defense as a whole isn't great (its good). But their d-line is so awesome that it covers all their weaknesses.

If Tech wins, we go to the Fiesta.....probably play USC.

If OU wins, we either go to the NC and play the SEC champion, or we go to the Fiesta.
Old 11-22-2008   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm taking OU on this one.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2008   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tech's defense as a whole isn't great (its good). But their d-line is so awesome that it covers all their weaknesses.

If Tech wins, we go to the Fiesta.....probably play USC.

If OU wins, we either go to the NC and play the SEC champion, or we go to the Fiesta.
I can handle a Fiesta Bowl .... and a beatdown of USC , they havent played a team yet that has near the talent that UT , OU , OSU or TT has and It would be nice to kick the shit outa them and prove a point. Pac-10 = Over rated.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

IF UT would happen to go to the NC and somehow wins ... wow what a story for Colt

I might join in on the Colt to Texans bandwagon in 09 or 10 LOL

and then maybe KEYE would take notice of another Texas boy doing good
Old 11-22-2008   #10
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Texas wants OU to win?
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Rosenberg View Post
Texas wants OU to win?
The fan base is split.

Half believe that if OU beats Tech we will win the tiebreaker so they cheer for OU tonight.

The other half believe that OU would jump us so they cheer for Tech.

Better Tech in the NC than OU.
Old 11-22-2008   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pulling for Tech, but I'm really just excited to watch the game. I believe the curtain falls tonight for Tech, but who knows.
Old 11-22-2008   #13
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

OU SHOULD NOT JUMP OVER US IN THE STANDINGS
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Rosenberg View Post
OU SHOULD NOT JUMP OVER US IN THE STANDINGS
That remains to be seen.

The whole body of work has to be accounted for.

If they beat Tech by 28 points tonight it will be very hard for us to stay in front of them in the human polls.
Old 11-22-2008   #15
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

So what happens if OU beats TT as far as the Big 12 South goes?

Texas beats OU
TT beats Texas
OU beats TT

Who goes to the Big 12 championship game?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
So what happens if OU beats TT as far as the Big 12 South goes?

Texas beats OU
TT beats Texas
OU beats TT

Who goes to the Big 12 championship game?
Whoever is ranked highest in the BCS.
Old 11-22-2008   #17
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That remains to be seen.

The whole body of work has to be accounted for.

If they beat Tech by 28 points tonight it will be very hard for us to stay in front of them in the human polls.
It would be a bunch of BS if OU jumped Texas considering UT beat them on a neutral field, while UT lost on a hail mary on the road.
Old 11-22-2008   #18
ATX
Hall of Fame

I hope OU wins just to see the mess it will create.
Old 11-22-2008   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It would be a bunch of BS if OU jumped Texas considering UT beat them on a neutral field, while UT lost on a hail mary on the road.
Personally, I agree.

But the voters have a proven history of having a short memory.
Old 11-22-2008   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I hope OU wins just to see the mess it will create.
I don't.

That makes things completely unfair for Tech because they would probably be sent all the way down to the Cotton Bowl.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read