Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2008   #1
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I Am A Texan Fan

And I don't care who knows it!

I am not anonymous, I have not scrapped off any stickers off my truck. Have not put away any Texan stuff that is out on display in my home. Still wear my t-shirts and jersey.

Am I thrilled when they lose a gome - nope. But it is just a game. I don't let a game get the better of me and ruin my Sunday or week. I still have a family to take care of. The sun still comes up in the morning. My grandchildren still come to see me.

I don't have to sit at my computer and vent my frustrations to people I don't really know and try to ruin their day also.

Some of you guys grew up in an age where there is a 60 second solution to everything.(Just check the ads on TV or the radio). Most things take time. Some things take longer time. Just ask a LIons fan or a Cardinals fan.

I am here for the long haul. Even if it takes 2 more years or 4 or more. Doesn't matter.
I am a Texan Fan.
Old 11-21-2008   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Am A Texan Fan

I'm right there with ya brother!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Same here! Hanging in there for the duration!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #4
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1113 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why give up now? I'm in for the long haul. Imagine how great it will feel when we are consistently good and who cares how long it takes.

I'm a Texan.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still here....griping.

I don't believe things are as bad as they look this year, but that's what's so frustrating.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We're a better team than we show on the field. Perhaps not playoff caliber, but we are better than our record indicates.

I'm a Texan fan! Frustrated no doubt, but glad to be here.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #7
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with ya there! Every Sunday morning my #80 jersey goes on and I wear it everywhere that day, (Lowes, Sam's, Wal-Mart, grocery store) and its a cool feeling seeing other Texans' fan having on they're jerseys, t-shirts or whatever and you get that acknowledgment nod passing em in the aisles or wherever.
Old 11-21-2008   #8
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 15 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
I'm with ya there! Every Sunday morning my #80 jersey goes on and I wear it everywhere that day, (Lowes, Sam's, Wal-Mart, grocery store) and its a cool feeling seeing other Texans' fan having on they're jerseys, t-shirts or whatever and you get that acknowledgment nod passing em in the aisles or wherever.
he even wears it to.......doh, nevermind NSFW
txchick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #9
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

I Am A Texan Fan! No matter how mad I get at my team, I could never turn my back on them, ever. They're my favorite team in this world and nothing will change about that.

I still dress up every Sunday in my favorite Texans gear. I still wear my Texans hats everywhere I go. I still have my stickers all over my truck. Nothing is going to change about that. I love my team no matter what.

BATTLE RED BLEEDER!
Old 11-21-2008   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I made it this far, no reason to stop now. Somewhere down the tunnel is a Lombardi trophy with our name on it...
Old 11-21-2008   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife's and my name are on the wall outside of Reliant, we drive 167 miles door to door for every home game, I wear my Texans jersey to work every Friday, and introduce new people to the Texans experience all the time. I have spent more time and money on this particular extra curricular activity more than any other in my life. I am a fan that cares, and I will not stop being a fan in bad times and good times. Some times that means being vocal about your displeasure of the current state of affairs.

Fire Smith and fire Hoke and win the next two divisional games.
Old 11-21-2008   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

The bad times of today will only make the good times of tomorrow better and more appreciated. I can't wait for the day when we're talking about how things used to be and laughing about it. Houston is a football town and Texas is a football state.......a football championship in Houston will happen one day and I intend to hang on for the ride until then.

ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I changed my license plate to Read "Go Txns"

No peeling that one off.
Old 11-21-2008   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
My wife's and my name are on the wall outside of Reliant, we drive 167 miles door to door for every home game, I wear my Texans jersey to work every Friday, and introduce new people to the Texans experience all the time. I have spent more time and money on this particular extra curricular activity more than any other in my life. I am a fan that cares, and I will not stop being a fan in bad times and good times. Some times that means being vocal about your displeasure of the current state of affairs.

Didn't you see? Richard Justice says in his blog that Hoke should be the interim DC because he has fire. Seriously.

I think that it demonstrates character to pick a team that is Your Team and to support it in good times and in bad. It's more fun supporting a team than just being a fan of the NFL. You know, the difference between your child and other people's children. You always want good things to happen to kids, but it means more when it is your kid.
Old 11-21-2008   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

I think that it demonstrates character to pick a team that is Your Team and to support it in good times and in bad.
What are these good times that you speak of??

As far as Dick Justice goes, he is an example of why the term asshat was invented.
Old 11-21-2008   #16
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 291 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

My new signature...

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..

The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference."
Old 11-21-2008   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What are these good times that you speak of??

Mostly in the tailgate so far.

But I can imagine how wonderful it would be. It's like relativity.

Those who started out their lives with nothing and then make a success of it often have a greater appreciation for it than someone who just inherited success.
Old 11-21-2008   #18
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
And I don't care who knows it!

I am not anonymous, I have not scrapped off any stickers off my truck. Have not put away any Texan stuff that is out on display in my home. Still wear my t-shirts and jersey.

Am I thrilled when they lose a gome - nope. But it is just a game. I don't let a game get the better of me and ruin my Sunday or week. I still have a family to take care of. The sun still comes up in the morning. My grandchildren still come to see me.

I don't have to sit at my computer and vent my frustrations to people I don't really know and try to ruin their day also.

Some of you guys grew up in an age where there is a 60 second solution to everything.(Just check the ads on TV or the radio). Most things take time. Some things take longer time. Just ask a LIons fan or a Cardinals fan.

I am here for the long haul. Even if it takes 2 more years or 4 or more. Doesn't matter.
I am a Texan Fan.
\

THATS HOW I FEEL TOO..........GREAT POSTS....:texflag

Last edited by rush2112mn; 11-21-2008 at 11:34 AM. Reason: SPELLING
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate this team. But I love this team.

Somehow, the two halves of me are able to co-exist. But it is a tense atmosphere inside this body right now.

Lots of yelling.
Old 11-21-2008   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post

Kaiser:

Please change your avatar.

It has been weirding me out for a long time.

Sheesh...that thing is creepy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read