Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-20-2008   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool DD's dad beaten badly by HPD

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori...1cb8eecb4.html

Sad news for Donald Driver and his family, whatever the true story may be. Too bad Quannell X is involved, Ii think that hurts credibility.

We met DD this year at a Texans' lucheon - nice guy who has gone a long way from the 3rd Ward but hasn't forgotten his roots.

Thoughts and prayers to his father and the family.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: DD's dad beaten badly by HPD

From the article:

Quote:
"We take allegations such as these very seriously and will begin a thorough investigation into the matter," HPD said in a statement released late Wednesday.
So seriously, in fact, that:

Quote:
"The two officers remain on duty pending further investigation.
We'll see what story comes out of this, but I can't think of any scenario where the cops are justified in this. Except, you know .... they're cops.
Old 11-20-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

That is horrible. I guess HPD is slipping back into their days of the 1970's. Thoughts and prayers to the Driver family and yes Yankee, Donald is a really nice guy. I've met him before when he was on John and Lance's show (610 days). He took time out to not only meet everyone there, but actually conversed with us as though he had known everyone for a while
Old 11-20-2008   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

They'll probably get slapped on the wrists and have a paid vacation. HPD is disgusting.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #5
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the same HPD that tazed Fred Weary........how one goes from being in the back of a police car to a hospital is beyond me. I know there are many good cops out there, but stories like this don't help their cause and the main reason I will never trust a cop......never.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I was like they put him in the back of the crusier and when they got to the station, he was unresponsive...... WTH !!!!

You though he was taking a nap, playing possum, what is it...he's "ok" when you put him in there, but when you get to where you were going, he's been beat down....was there someone in the back seat with him ???

Yeah, the Wild West days are back !!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

At least HPD has progressed. In the 70's they would have found Mr. Driver's body floating in a bayou...
Old 11-20-2008   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
At least HPD has progressed. In the 70's they would have found Mr. Driver's body floating in a bayou...
Everytime I pass Buffalo Bayou my first thought is Joe Campos Torres. Truly a lasting memory.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Everytime I pass Buffalo Bayou my first thought is Joe Campos Torres. Truly a lasting memory.
That's certainly one case that shouldn't be forgotten.

There was also a case where a teenager originally from Oklahoma (I believe) had stolen a car. When he pulled over, he was shot and a gun was planted on him, by HPD. There was a movie made about it, but I can't remember the name of it... I think Tom Skerritt played the kid's father.

*EDIT*
It was actually Hal Holbrook and the name of the movie was 'The Killing of Randy Webster'

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 11-20-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I've only seen them enforce laws that make money...speeding, traffic tickets, parking and such. Things that really bother people however....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What a disgusting story, I really don't trust cops one bit either, I know there are good ones out there but too much of this stuff goes on, too many of them let the power go to their heads. The bad apples really make you doubt the whole bunch.
Old 11-20-2008   #12
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
What a disgusting story, I really don't trust cops one bit either, I know there are good ones out there but too much of this stuff goes on, too many of them let the power go to their heads. The bad apples really make you doubt the whole bunch.
I agree, I don't trust HPD either. Sounds like haterism to me. I'm sure they knew sooner or later who his son was and just got all bent, jealous, mad they're salaries suck, didn't think he should be driving that kind of car, his son made it to the pros and their sons didn't or they sucked bad at playing football, and then beat that poor man. Sorry just got got a cold heart for cops.

Last edited by MannyFresh; 11-20-2008 at 04:16 PM.
MannyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #13
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember that for every bad cop, there may be two good ones. I don't like the odds.

Prayers sent for the Drivers and I hope for a speedy recovery.
Old 11-20-2008   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I've been out of Houston for close to 26 years now and that name brings back so many memories. Wow. If memory serves John Connolly even defended the slap on the wrist those cops got.
Old 11-20-2008   #15
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Remember that for every bad cop, there may be two good ones. I don't like the odds.

Prayers sent for the Drivers and I hope for a speedy recovery.
You got that right, MAY be two good cops.
Old 11-20-2008   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Call me young but who is/what happened to Joe Campos Torres?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #17
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Cops handcuffed him behind his back and told him to swim to safety before pushing him in the bayou.
Old 11-20-2008   #18
Tedc
Hardheaded

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....d48cabe1.html
Old 11-20-2008   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Cops handcuffed him behind his back and told him to swim to safety before pushing him in the bayou.

Time Link: End of the Rope

Quote:
Seeking justice in Houston
Monday, Apr. 17, 1978

Shortly before midnight last May 5, an Army veteran named Joe Campos Torres, 23, was arrested for shouting insults and threatening customers at the Club 21, located in a Mexican-American community on Houston's east side. Wearing Army fatigues and combat boots, Torres appeared drunk but apparently healthy when police officers took him away. A few hours later, when the police brought him to jail, he was so badly bruised that duty officers refused to book him. They told the arresting officers to take Torres to Ben Taub General Hospital for treatment. Instead, six policemen drove him one mile to an area known as "the Hole," behind a large warehouse facing the muddy Buffalo Bayou that winds through the city. There, according to subsequent testimony, they pushed Torres off a 20-ft. dock into the bayou. His body was discovered two days later, floating in 15ft. of water.
Old 11-20-2008   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I never heard this story before, how tragic.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read