Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2008   #61
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We need a new QB in 09!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
Maybe you could send A.Johnson and a 3rd to Tennessee for Vince Young?
I wouldnt send you an empty sausage casing for Sausage boy.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #62
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

he's getting better!

Old 11-21-2008   #63
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if we get a Good Dc to come in here that will effect a lot on defense and I think this is a good year to look at Defensive FAs who can make an immediate impact.

The way I look at QB for this team: is Matt Schaub, barring a miracle turnaround, worth the extension? Not really. I think you have to look at prospects this year and see if you have something that is worth developing. If not then spend a 1st next year on a QB.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #64
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

It is true....this team needs someone else behind center other than Schaub. At times, (when he is healthy) he has looked very good. At times, (when he is healthy) he has looked horrible. He has been on this team for two seasons(notice I didn't say "played on this team for two seasons".) and still has yet to put in a full season. I know, he has been injured because of cheap shots.....every time. Probably, because he has the reputation of being fragile. This team needs a veteran QB that can be counted on to lead the team more than a handful of games each season. He needs to be durable and he needs to be starter material. He also should be a very mobile QB. All of these things would help offensive production.
That being said....given the choice....I think this team definately needs to think defense in the off season. If our present offense...Rosencopter included can put up 20-28 pts per game.... that should be enough to win most games with a very good defense intact. Oh, and concentrate on defense also means to find a very good DC., DB's LB's and a DE, as well as a big man who can stop the run.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read