Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2005   #21
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand the booing yesterday. The team went to a rival stadium the week before and put a beating on them.

Then they come back to their home against a team that hasn't won a single road game this year and they lay a big fat egg. They played horribly. I am not sure if I'm understanding right but did they boo when David got hurt? I cannot condone that but as far as booing the team's performance I do understand that.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #22
The Wal-Mart
Rookie

David Carr himself stated that they deserved to be booed, that it was an embarrassing performance, and that if he were a fan he would boo also. There is nothing wrong with venting frustration at a team that has played so lackluster all year long. As for booing Carr as an individual, he is the quarterback. Just like Dom Capers gets criticized, so is David Carr. He's gonna get the praise if things go well and the blame if things go wrong. Evryone knows he's tough as nails but he has to start making plays or at least become the vocal leader of this offense. He made mistakes just like everyone else did yesterday, as did Andre Johnson, and DD. What people are tired of hearing is that it is always the O-line and that's not true.
The Wal-Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #23
redlion
Rookie

I agree the team played horrible and the whole team deserved to be boo'd but I was mad when I heard some fans booing when Carr came back in the game. Have you seen the other qbs out in the league. I'll take Carr over any of the Qbs out there. I have told many people before Houston has the most fair weathered fans anywhere. And yesterday it showed, boo him when he comes back in the game but as soon as he runs and gets the 1st down the same people jump up and down and cheer. I was glad i was the only one left in my section, i was getting tired of hearing some tard yelling "Carr! you suck!" all through the fourth. Well next year its playoffs or bust, and i'm excited.
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #24
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Ashamed?? BS!! When you let the Cleveland freaking Browns come into your house and put a royal butt-whooping on you, you deserve every freaking boo you get. Did I boo? Hell yeah I booed. I booed the Texans. They played like cr*p. If anyone should be ashamed, it's the Texans for putting out that lackluster performance against a crappy Browns team IN OUR HOUSE!!!!
Wow... I wonder if this is how the Jags fans felt last week.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #25
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htown_julie
i was at the game and it seemed like everybody just gave up... the people who should be ashamed are some of the fans.. they just gave up on their team and left at the beginning of the fourth quarter.. if you were a real fan then you wuld have stayed till the end.. and about the team... i think david carr is a great player.. but i think we should keep our draft picks open for a better quarterback... at the game yesterday there was basically no offense and no defense... carr couldnt even take a hit... he ran for his life basically when he could have ran for a couple yards while taking the hit... the defense played terribly but they sure did play better than the offense... we gave up the ball basically on every 4th down... our kickers need to go too.. they were terrible... everytime they had a punt they kicked it only to the 30 yd line or worst.. even browns kicker kicked it well.. and they kicked a onside kick out of bounds!! what could be worse??? i think we need to get some better people and use the next 8 months to really train them and put them to work... b/c if we want a playoff appearance next season we have to be better and we have to also have the ability to beat the worse team in the division at home!
I have said before we need a new kicking team....I understand many like K. Brown and they said everyone has a bad year...Well we can't afford excuses right now...His bad year is costing us points we desperately needed THIS YEARRRRR...What if next year he has another bad year?? Are we supposed to say "oh thats ok Kris, your just having another bad year" NOOO, he had his chance and blew MANYYY shots he should have had...I'm not talking about this game, others throughout the year watching him miss...And i don't even want to talk about Stanley...GEEZZZ, even in the best of weather i'd like to see him more consistent in kicking past the 40 yrd line....I am sooo tired of hearing the announcers after his punt say, " LOOKS LIKE GOOD FIELD POSITION AGAIN FOR THE OTHER TEAM"... I always said i felt his heart was just not into it...They are not the whole problem, they just contribute their share of the problems...We can't afford both of them having another bad year along with the rest of the team...Their becoming just as unpredictable as the rest...Again, this is my opinion and i'm not backing down from it...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #26
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Lets get Carr a mediocre pass-blocking o-line THEN evaluate him. Until then, he is going to run for his life every third down and long.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #27
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Lets get Carr a mediocre pass-blocking o-line THEN evaluate him. Until then, he is going to run for his life every third down and long.
"AMEN" IF our o-line stays the same with no changes, i expect Carr to be in for another year of beatings till he can't play anymore...
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2005   #28
SESupergenius

Everyone knows that when Carr has time he gets it done. If you can't see that then YOU need to be booooed. Of course he looks gun shy back there. The o-line has repeatedly shown that they can't protect him. But Carr has to shake this somehow and get on the same page with the WR's. Too many time I watch football and the WR's know when to cut their route off and improvise. Do our recievers do that? Look at Manning his throws the ball to a spot before the WR even breaks. When Carr is in trouble, other than Miller I don't see our WR helping him out by creating a new route.
Old 01-03-2005   #29
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

texansgal8,

A bad season for Kris Brown Show me one game this year that he has cost a win for the Texans!!! Look how many game balls he received this year also. Not to make any excuses for any of his misses but do you even realize how many other factors that come into play before his foot even touches the football. F.Y.I and for everyone else, he has been plagged with an on going "Hip Inductor" injury since the home game with the Colts that happened during warm ups... which as of Saturday before the Brown's game it was still extremly difficult for him to even walk. I am not trying to make any excuses but like with Chad Stanley's on going injury find out your facts before you bash someone.
DiapHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #30
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
I have said before we need a new kicking team....I understand many like K. Brown and they said everyone has a bad year...Well we can't afford excuses right now...His bad year is costing us points we desperately needed THIS YEARRRRR...What if next year he has another bad year?? Are we supposed to say "oh thats ok Kris, your just having another bad year" NOOO, he had his chance and blew MANYYY shots he should have had...I'm not talking about this game, others throughout the year watching him miss...And i don't even want to talk about Stanley...GEEZZZ, even in the best of weather i'd like to see him more consistent in kicking past the 40 yrd line....I am sooo tired of hearing the announcers after his punt say, " LOOKS LIKE GOOD FIELD POSITION AGAIN FOR THE OTHER TEAM"... I always said i felt his heart was just not into it...They are not the whole problem, they just contribute their share of the problems...We can't afford both of them having another bad year along with the rest of the team...Their becoming just as unpredictable as the rest...Again, this is my opinion and i'm not backing down from it...
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Name ONE game Kris Brown has cost us this year? What do you mean a "bad year?" He has had some problems since the Colts game due to an unpublished unjury, and he just about got his head knocked off making a terrific HIT, but HEY, let's get rid of him! Let's not mention the terrific tackle he made againt the jags player, which would have resulted in a TD if he had not made it. Our kicking team is the least of our problems!! Kris Brown plays with more heart and passion than most of the team put together. He is always there to support his fellow teammates, regardless. Yes, he has missed a few kicks the past few games, but he has been very consistant until his injury. You don't kick somone down and try to get rid of him just because he is injured.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
Y Name ONE game Kris Brown has cost us this year?
Now this was by no means Brown's fault alone, but he did contribute to losing to Green Bay 16-13 by missing a field goal--otherwise the Packers would have been playing to tie at the end of the game, not win.
Old 01-03-2005   #32
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not sure if I'm understanding right but did they boo when David got hurt?
Here's how it went from where I sat:

1. Carr gets flattened by McKinley - stays down for a while but walks off under his own power a few minutes later (wind knocked out of him per comments this morning).

2. Banks enters game (to cheers).

3. Banks throws a dump off to Davis who takes it for 16 yards.

4. Carr re-enters game to a loud chorus of boos.

5. Carr runs for 20. Everyone cheers.

6. I shake my head.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #33
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
6. I shake my head.
AJ needs to be fired as a fan for questioning the mob's decisions. Lets start a thread now!!!
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #34
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer
texansgal8,

A bad season for Kris Brown Show me one game this year that he has cost a win for the Texans!!! Look how many game balls he received this year also. Not to make any excuses for any of his misses but do you even realize how many other factors that come into play before his foot even touches the football. F.Y.I and for everyone else, he has been plagged with an on going "Hip Inductor" injury since the home game with the Colts that happened during warm ups... which as of Saturday before the Brown's game it was still extremly difficult for him to even walk. I am not trying to make any excuses but like with Chad Stanley's on going injury find out your facts before you bash someone.

He missed an easy field against the packers for ONE and other misses......if he made that the score would have been tied in the end and we at least at a chance to be in Ot and win...You asked for one...And this is others opinion also...Show me where Stanley kicked the ball consistently also???...So get your facts straight before you bash me...and i sympathize with kRIS being hurt, but if he can't play to his potential he should have a replacement AND NOT BE PLAYING.....As i said before this is my opinion and who are you to tell me to get my facts straight and tell me what iam SUPPOSED to think?? I watch all the games also and iam entitled to what i think and SEE...

Last edited by shinerbock_girl; 01-03-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2005   #35
DuntaRobinson23
Rookie

I say everyone should watch the thank you video on the main page to solve your problems
DuntaRobinson23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #36
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Kris Brown had a bad year in the FG dept. Only Edinger and Gramatica were worse in FG % of the full time kickers. That said, FG kicker is way down my list of grievances.
Old 01-03-2005   #37
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Kris Brown had a bad year in the FG dept. Only Edinger and Gramatica were worse in FG % of the full time kickers. That said, FG kicker is way down my list of grievances.
Well mine too AJ, all this just contributes to the other problems the Texans have and NEED to fix before next season...That is the point i was trying to make.
Old 01-03-2005   #38
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
AJ needs to be fired as a fan for questioning the mob's decisions. Lets start a thread now!!!
I wasn't the only one shaking my head. There were nearly as many people *****ing about the boobirds as there were people booing - at least around me and the empty seats around me. Now that I mention it, what's worse, kicking your own when they're down or getting up and leaving..... I was griping up a storm all afternoon but when the boos came down I remember telling the person next to me "now that's cold."
Old 01-03-2005   #39
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I wasn't the only one shaking my head. There were nearly as many people *****ing about the boobirds as there were people booing - at least around me and the empty seats around me. Now that I mention it, what's worse, kicking your own when they're down or getting up and leaving..... I was griping up a storm all afternoon but when the boos came down I remember telling the person next to me "now that's cold."

I remember when i heard he was down and then they were escorting him off the field, i was concerned how hurt he was, but when i heard the BOO'S, i thought to myself that was nooo time to BOO a down player...So many of us share AJ's thoughts also...That doesn't make us stupid because we didn't agree with the BOO's...We all have our own opinions and one thing iam tired of hearing here is bashing for PPL's opinion....If everyone had all the right answers then i guess we'd have a perfect team right now...
Old 01-03-2005   #40
fresno8
Veteran

Default Hey AJ read this

I'm from Fresno and I think he's part of the problem. Maybe 10%. The other 90% is on the line and coaches. Some sacks he takes are inexcusable and as bad as things are sometime he needs to just chuck the ball up and hope something good happens. He also needs more consistent leadership and better touch on the short passes. How much of a problem do you consider him to be AJ? So to your Fresno comment, I'm from Fresno and am a huge Carr fan and realizes he does have some problems. But when you look at the big picture he's not a large part of the problem. Do you think any QB could do much better than Dave in the situation he's in? I seriously doubt anyone would do much better. Dave gets pounded week in and week out for 3 years of course he's going to not have much confidence in the pocket would you if you were expecting to get hit by a blitzing backer, a 300 pound lineman everyplay? And please don't say it's the NFL there's supposed to be hits, Carr has taken way more than any QB ever should.

Last edited by fresno8; 01-03-2005 at 03:22 PM. Reason: forgot title
fresno8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read