Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2005   #1
Dionysus22
Veteran

Angry You should be ashamed!!

To everyone who was at the game, you should be ashamed of yourselves!!! Do you even bother to watch the game?! I'm mighty proud to say that David Carr is our quarterback. He just doesn't have any help and it all goes to the offensive line and terrible play calling. It's pretty sad when he can't even take a three step drop ( the safest drop in football!) without running for his life. The pass blocking is a joke! I don't know if it's the blocking scheme or the PERSONEL. Steve McKinney can get mad all he wants when people confront him about it but I saw him just get "man-handled" quite a few times not to mention several others. The line acted like it was their first game together. Those fans just need to lay off David and get to the real issues. We need to hit the free-agent market hard and get rid of Chris Palmer. He did fine when we didn't have much to work with. Now we have more than enough but were still calling plays like this is our first year. Dominick is great, but can we please put Andre in some better situations? And what happened to the tightend this year?!?! That was the only thing good about those first two years. Now we have a aging tightend who isn't even considered a "catching" tightend going out on routes when it should be Billy Miller over the middle. The Old guy has hands like stone and is as fast as one too!! And as far as receivers, can we please do something about getting Andre the ball more? Or at least get someone other than Bradford to draw attention away from AJ. But then again this all goes back to the offensive line. We might be able to get everyone the ball if David could get at least three seconds to throw the ball!! The one thing that showed me he still wants to be a leader of this team was late in the fourth quarter when, once again, proctection broke down, and Daivd ran up the field and could have ran out of bounds but instead cut up field and broke for a huge gain after getting pounded all afternoon. To me that shows guts and the poise to make something happen. Even when things are at their worst.
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #2
tex
Veteran

Thank you Dionsus22 they should be ashamed.Sounds just like when the Oilers were in Houston cry&whine.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #3
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I was embarrassed. The fans were acting out of frustration the whole game and booing Carr on Fan Appreciation Day of all days made my stomach turn.

I understand frustrations with the game but you have to ask yourself, "Is he the problem?". The answer is no.

There are several QBs around the league that I would hate to be stuck with. I am proud to have David running our team.

I guess fans can have a bad day, too.
Old 01-03-2005   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To everyone who was at the game, you should be ashamed of yourselves!!!
Please tell me why I should be ashamed of myself. I didn't boo anyone but I was just as frustrated as they were. It's easy to see that David is part of the problem. It's not all on the line - and it's not all on David. They need to get their sheet together as a unit. I sense some division in the ranks and between players and coaches I guess those of us who didn't boo are guilty by association huh? What I'll never understand is the fool who cusses and boos Carr as he runs onto the field, then starts jumping up and down like an ***** and high fiving people ten seconds later when Carr runs for twenty yards.

Last edited by aj.; 01-03-2005 at 06:52 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #5
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Please tell me why I should be ashamed of myself. I didn't boo anyone but I was just as frustrated as they were. It's easy to see that David is part of the problem. It's not all on the line - and it's not all on David. They need to get their sheet together as a unit. I sense some division in the ranks and between players and coaches I guess those of us who didn't boo are guilty by association huh? What I'll never understand is the fool who cusses and boos Carr as he runs onto the field, then starts jumping up and down like an ***** and high fiving people ten seconds later when Carr runs for twenty yards.

DAVID is not the problem
Old 01-03-2005   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DAVID is not the problem
I said he's part of the problem. If you can't see that, you need to pay closer attention or take the Fresno hat off.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Dionysus22 - good first post (welcome to the board). This is the first post that actually made me think about Palmer's play calling style. I'm not quite to the "fire 'em" phase, but this made me wonder why we haven't used our weapons "visibly" better than we have the first two years.

I say visibly as I know the stats (Carr, Johnson, Davis, etc), say otherwise but what about the others on the team? Easier to key in on the playmakers when the defense knows how the offense will play out with a little pressure.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2005   #8
MichaelMC
Rookie

Personally I think with enough time to take 3 steps back and maybe time to look at more recievers than Johnsons and Davis as your running toward the sideline the whole offence would come together. The O-line is worthless and bringing down the whole offense.
MichaelMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #9
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I said he's part of the problem. If you can't see that, you need to pay closer attention or take the Fresno hat off.

ok David is not part of the problem
Old 01-03-2005   #10
htown_julie
Rookie

Default Offense and Defense....

i was at the game and it seemed like everybody just gave up... the people who should be ashamed are some of the fans.. they just gave up on their team and left at the beginning of the fourth quarter.. if you were a real fan then you wuld have stayed till the end.. and about the team... i think david carr is a great player.. but i think we should keep our draft picks open for a better quarterback... at the game yesterday there was basically no offense and no defense... carr couldnt even take a hit... he ran for his life basically when he could have ran for a couple yards while taking the hit... the defense played terribly but they sure did play better than the offense... we gave up the ball basically on every 4th down... our kickers need to go too.. they were terrible... everytime they had a punt they kicked it only to the 30 yd line or worst.. even browns kicker kicked it well.. and they kicked a onside kick out of bounds!! what could be worse??? i think we need to get some better people and use the next 8 months to really train them and put them to work... b/c if we want a playoff appearance next season we have to be better and we have to also have the ability to beat the worse team in the division at home!
htown_julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #11
htown_julie
Rookie

Default carr

and about that big gain in yardage at the end of the fourth quarter... that was a big leadership mark he made.. but why couldnt he have done that throughout the game??? i only saw him do that once.. and that was when we were losing.... towards the end... throughout the whole game he was running for his life out of bounds resulting in loss of yardage... he barely got touched in this game.. i dont know what you are talkin about how he got beat.. his couple sacks should be a piece of cake comparing to how many sacks he got before.. i think the fans also should have a right the be frustrated... the team should be ashamed of how terribly they were playing right in home.. right in front of all your biggest fans.. that was the worse game i have ever seen.. but i didnt leave.. i stuck it thru and i was happy they got a touchdown in before the game ended.. and i think everybody would like to see Banks in there a little more.. he should be allowed some more playing time next season to show us if he or carr deserves to be in there..
htown_julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickmantexanfan
ok David is not part of the problem
Wrong. He is part of the problem. He managed the game poorly and his pocket presence was horrific. He had plenty of opportunities to step up yesterday but he is trained to do one thing at the slightest sense of pressure. He was a deer in headlights yesterday and played a very poor game.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #13
Tayton
Veteran

I didn't boo Carr when he came back onto the field and was surprised when it happened. However, in hind site I have no real problem with fans expressing their opinions about any player. This may have been a wake up call to David. I think people are realizing that it is not just the offensive line's fault. David made some real bonehead plays this year and had a horrible second half of the season. At the end of the first half why run out of bounds instead of chucking the ball into the endzone? Don't tell me he was running for his life, he was scrambling. Favre, McNabb, Manning, ect. all throw that ball.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #14
Chawky1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Wrong. He is part of the problem. He managed the game poorly and his pocket presence was horrific. He had plenty of opportunities to step up yesterday but he is trained to do one thing at the slightest sense of pressure. He was a deer in headlights yesterday and played a very poor game.
There is no doubt he is PART of the problem, but the majority of the problem falls on the shoulders of the O-line. Anyone would be jumpy when they have like zero protection. This is even worse in your case as the Texans typically leave the TE in to help, and many times the RB also, but you still get tons of pressure. So you have 2 less guys in pattern + more defenders back in coverage + less time to throw = mistakes & piss poor QB play.
Chawky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #15
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

I agree Carr didn't have his greatest outing. He appears to be really getting gun-shy back there in that pocket. It's plain and simple... we desperately need some more help on that O-line.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

They definitely need to shore up their O line. They are just too inconsistent. One game they block well and the next they lay a big fat egg. I did hear Casserly say last night on Channel 13 say they would probably just go for a few "bargain" FA's so I don't know if they will look there for somebody. Maybe they can draft somebody and let him take his rookie lumps. There are some good centers available from all I've read.

Maybe they need to get away from this zone blocking. They had 10 more sacks allowed this year than last and many times the D line is right there on Carr and he has no time to throw. He took a pounding this year some games.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #17
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htown_julie
i was at the game and it seemed like everybody just gave up... the people who should be ashamed are some of the fans.. they just gave up on their team and left at the beginning of the fourth quarter.. if you were a real fan then you wuld have stayed till the end.. and about the team... i think david carr is a great player.. but i think we should keep our draft picks open for a better quarterback... at the game yesterday there was basically no offense and no defense... carr couldnt even take a hit... he ran for his life basically when he could have ran for a couple yards while taking the hit... the defense played terribly but they sure did play better than the offense... we gave up the ball basically on every 4th down... our kickers need to go too.. they were terrible... everytime they had a punt they kicked it only to the 30 yd line or worst.. even browns kicker kicked it well.. and they kicked a onside kick out of bounds!! what could be worse??? i think we need to get some better people and use the next 8 months to really train them and put them to work... b/c if we want a playoff appearance next season we have to be better and we have to also have the ability to beat the worse team in the division at home!
I agree some changes need to be made to this team, but with what you have proposed we will be overhauling the entire team, and there's no way in heck will have a shot at the playoffs next year.

On the punter issue, I read in the Chronicle this morning that Stanley has been playing hurt all year, and will have surgery next week on his leg. This isn't an excuse, but is surely explains the drop off in his production.

The coaching change, no matter how bad some of us want it, is not going to happen this year. The best we can hope for is some SERIOUS acquisitions to the O line, and hope that McNair gets a royal azz chewing in for all of his coaches.

I believe Carr has his part in this, but I also think is could be because the man is shell shocked. We threw him into the fire from the beginning, and he has been beaten to all heck. He can't settle down, he refuses to step into the pocket, and his decision making has been poor at times. Well, I would be to if every time I got in that huddle I was getting the day lights beat out of me. Hopefully with some O-line changes we can fix the damage that THE TEXANS ORGANIZATION is responsible for. Otherwise we may have ruined a great QB in three years.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 32978 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down

Ashamed?? BS!! When you let the Cleveland freaking Browns come into your house and put a royal butt-whooping on you, you deserve every freaking boo you get. Did I boo? Hell yeah I booed. I booed the Texans. They played like cr*p. If anyone should be ashamed, it's the Texans for putting out that lackluster performance against a crappy Browns team IN OUR HOUSE!!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #19
Htown34s
Veteran

I like to complain, gripe, arm-chair QB, and pretend I'm a coach as the next person, but I don't like people who boo their own team.

I'm frustrated, but booing Carr when he came back in was classless.

Is Houston on its way to becoming a New York type of sports town?
Old 01-03-2005   #20
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Dionysus22]To everyone who was at the game, you should be ashamed of yourselves!!! Do you even bother to watch the game?!

I wouldn't direct a comment like that to EVERYONE who was at the game! We were there to the end, as usual! I agree with what you say for the most part! but I also understand the frustration of fans, I did not boo carr, and was suprised to see so many did, but that is how most would express how they are feeling at the moment! Had we played even close to our potential the fans would have been cheering!

See ya'll next season!
nflnutswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read