Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2008   #1
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Living Scared: Dunta Robinson

For the first time, Dunta talks about the robbery

Didn't see this anywhere else, thought it needed mentioning.

Quote:
You hear lots of stories about guys getting robbed, and you say, Man, what were they doing, how did they get into that situation? Flashy guys. Rude guys. Guys who act like they're better than everybody. I don't roll like that, and it still happened to me.

Quote:
The hardest part was that it involved my family. My son was 2, my daughter 4 or 5 months. I wanted to run, then I wanted to fight. But you can't react like Scarface in the movies, go nuts and still get out of the situation alive—this is real life. As tough as I think I am, I had to give it up, get down on the floor and do everything they asked. You can defend yourself by fighting or by thinking. I chose thinking.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson

Last edited by scourge; 11-19-2008 at 10:05 PM.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Living Scared: Dunta Robinson

Quote:
I never owned a gun, never thought I needed a gun—until I was robbed at gunpoint in my own home.

It was a Saturday. I'm watching college football on my couch. I look up, and guys are barging into my house, pushing guns in my face. Laid down, duct-taped, arms and legs bound behind me on my living room floor, with my kids pushed into a closet.

Scariest moment of my life.

Continued......
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #3
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Living Scared: Dunta Robinson

copycat

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
Old 11-19-2008   #4
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1333 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
copycat
Your link was tainted..

As a father I completely understand his actions. No need to be a hero and get yourself killed when your kids are involved. I didn't know his kids were with him at the time. Man that is unimaginable. I'm glad he has a gun now.

On a lighter side, good thing for Faggins it wasn't him that got robbed....

Quote:
What let me know I wasn't going to die was they kept calling me by my first name. I saw them looking at my face, then back to the football pictures on the wall, then one of the guys was like, "You're a good player, so I'm not going to kill you."
Old 11-19-2008   #5
scourge 
Digression King

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Your link was tainted..

As a father I completely understand his actions. No need to be a hero and get yourself killed when your kids are involved. I didn't know his kids were with him at the time. Man that is unimaginable. I'm glad he has a gun now.

On a lighter side, good thing for Faggins it wasn't him that got robbed....
-1 for me
fixt.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2008   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN was running some kind of story about P-Buc's robbery and the robbery/death of Sean Taylor and how the NFL offers free advice on how to protect themselves and their homes.

I think the story is in ESPN magazine this week.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read