Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Vikes playoff push in jeopardy: 3 DL-men to visit the commish

Wolf

100% Texan
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/latest-nfl-news/story/360378.html

The Williams Wall will appear to discuss testing positive for a weight-loss diuretic that is on the list of substances banned by the league. They face four-game suspensions for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Allen will be there to talk about a hit on Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers two weeks ago that could leave him vulnerable to a suspension because it came two days after he was fined $50,000 for hits on Houston's Matt Schaub.

I'm not at all worried about Allen .... hell todays QB's are a protected species in comparison to QB's in the past .... They need to grow a pair as does the league on the issue.

HWWNBM at least had some nads .... I recall a time he lined up under the guard after getting up from a nasty hit.

I'm not at all worried about Allen .... hell todays QB's are a protected species in comparison to QB's in the past .... They need to grow a pair as does the league on the issue.

HWWNBM at least had some nads .... I recall a time he lined up under the guard after getting up from a nasty hit.

I agree mostly, but to blindside a guy in the knee when he cant defend himself is a little far. And you cant tell me it wasnt his goal to put Schaub out.

I hope Allen gets suspended. The guy is a dirty cheap hit artist. He may be talented, but diving at QBs knees after they've planted and thrown the ball is only in an effor to injure someone

I sometimes wonder, if off the record, these fines are being paid by the team owner or through some collective agreement. You'd think dirty players would quit being so dirty after shelling out nearly 100k

I sometimes wonder, if off the record, these fines are being paid by the team owner or through some collective agreement. You'd think dirty players would quit being so dirty after shelling out nearly 100k

I don't know

that 100k to them equivellant to me paying 1.50 for a 16oz dr pepper at the convient store :thud: but I still go back

j/k

I wonder if the fined money goes to the players he hurts?

I don't know

that 100k to them equivellant to me paying 1.50 for a 16oz dr pepper at the convient store :thud: but I still go back

j/k

I did the math on Allen's fine. The $50K fine was equivalent to $200 for someone who makes $50K a year. Needless to say, the impact doesn't scale in a linear fashion.

Allen will be there to talk about a hit on Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers two weeks ago that could leave him vulnerable to a suspension because it came two days after he was fined $50,000 for hits on Houston's Matt Schaub.

It just goes to show that these fines are completely ineffective with some players. I hope Goodell throws the book at him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...g=ap-nflsuspensions-vikings&prov=ap&type=lgns

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—A Minnesota judge on Wednesday temporarily blocked the NFL’s suspension of Vikings stars Kevin and Pat Williams for violating the league’s anti-doping policy, but the players’ status for Sunday’s game at Detroit remained uncertain.

Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson issued the temporary restraining order at the players’ request, saying he wanted more time to hear arguments in the case. No further hearing date immediately was set.

The Williamses were among six players suspended for four games for testing positive for a diuretic that can be used as a masking agent for steroids. They have argued that the substance containing the diuretic didn’t list all its ingredients, and that league scientists and lawyers had information about the substance but withheld it from players.

The NFL argues that the league’s policy on banned substances is collectively bargained with the players’ association and players are responsible for what is in their bodies.

i like that no one really cares when NFL players get caught doing anything with banned substances

Kast

I am not sure what you mean here?

You are a good poster here and a real fan of football.
(In my pea brained opinion anyway :) )

Out of curiosity, which do you consider to be more specious:

1) Fining a player (a miniscule amount ) who makes deliberate efforts to injure other players and allowing him to play again the following week to do it again,

or

2) Suspending a player four games for taking a water pill. ( That could? be used to mask the use of steriods?).

Please don't misunderstand this as me defending players who break the rules, whether or not they were unaware of the content of the pill.

My point is that Goodell seems to be more concerned with transgressions outside the lines than those inside the lines.

Of course fans don't want other teams players using illegal means ( banned substances) to gain a competitive advantage.

By the same token.....fans don't want their players deliberately injured and not able to play in subsequent games.

Accidents happen.....but maliciousness is planned.

Where's the balance?

You have an opinion on this?

:coffee:

Kast, I am not sure what you mean

Are you referring to the difference (media-wise) to what Barry bonds,Roger Clemens etc,etc did as far as steroids in baseball compared to media with the banned substance with the NFL?

am I semi-on track with your thought process?

Back