Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2008   #1
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If it only costs

$50,000 to knockout a QB for 6 weeks with a dirty hit

Mario & Ryans ought to take out Manning & Collins.

I would like to see the Colts with Sorgi running the show for 6 weeks.

It would be worth the money. IMO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If it only costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

How about Schaub filing criminal charges like they do in hockey?
Old 11-18-2008   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe Schaub should just do some head-stomping ala Haynesworth.

The suspension would be less than the time he'll miss with the injury, and it'll send a message.

Kidding, obviously.

What I'd really like to see is some hard cut blocking. I thought the Texans were supposed to employ a very high injury scheme against opposing DLs. I've yet to see a single DL go down against a cutblock from one our guys. I'm not advocating injury, I just want them to use the technique thats supposed to put the fear of God into DL
Old 11-18-2008   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If Mario did to Manning what Allen did to Schaub, he would have a 4 game suspension.
Old 11-18-2008   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately that is the way the NFL works.

The Mannings are the royalty of the NFL landscape.
Old 11-18-2008   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, we can't even get to the QB, how the hell are we ever going to hurt one?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

50k divided by 11 is 4545.45. With everyone's play they should contribute that much so that whoever gets the fine doesn't have to pay it all himself.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2008   #8
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

That's nonsense. Everyone knows our defense can't get to the QB.
Old 11-18-2008   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

These teams ought to be glad I'm not running things. After the Schaub debacle, I'd be paying the fines for guys like Bulman and Cochran. Sweep the leg!
Old 11-18-2008   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe Matt should stop being so clutchy and run for his life like david carr did
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #11
cowbellm00
100% Houstonian

Rep Power: 10 cowbellm00 is a Pro Bowlercowbellm00 is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to cowbellm00

Quote:

I said the same thing to my dad right after the game. Great point my man.

cowbellm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Maybe we can draft somebody that can get in the same zip code as Manning this year.
Old 11-18-2008   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149996 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
If Mario did to Manning what Allen did to Schaub, he would have a 4 game suspension.
Who says you gotta have MW do it , have the last guy on the bench go in and blast him ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
These teams ought to be glad I'm not running things. After the Schaub debacle, I'd be paying the fines for guys like Bulman and Cochran. Sweep the leg!

Buddy is that you ?! We could use a DC here in Houston .... Bounties

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Buddy is that you ?! We could use a DC here in Houston .... Bounties
I'd take Buddy Ryan in a heartbeat over anything we've had here since he left. Hell, maybe we could get him to punch Richard Smith on the way out.
Old 11-18-2008   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149996 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd take Buddy Ryan in a heartbeat over anything we've had here since he left. Hell, maybe we could get him to punch Richard Smith on the way out.
You and me both .... bounties on opposing players , punching people in the mouth players and defenses that were downright mean .... we are so far removed from that .... its like the GOP 30 years ago as compared to today.

What was that helmet his ST players use to wear ? .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Amen

Atleast Buddy knew what type of defense he wanted to run & the type of players he needed to run it. This is why he could take late rd. draft choices & turn them into probowlers. (Simmons, Joyner, Dent, Fencik & Bishop to name a few).

I wonder if the greatness that is Dick Smith will ever lead to the late rd. choices of HOF players like Ryans system did.

I cant find the sarcasm thingy.
Old 11-18-2008   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic about Mario taking out Manning.

I'll never root for a player to get hurt.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I'm assuming you're being sarcastic about Mario taking out Manning.

I'll never root for a player to get hurt.
I can only pull for jerks to get hurt. Manning sounds like a good guy, so I dont hope for injury.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56008

allen visiting the commish
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

I root for the Texans & anything that helps the Texans is fine with me.

I'm tired of other teams cheap shoting our QB. I think pay back is the only way to stop the cheap shots.

I wish the NFL wasn't this way but oh well let the games begin.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read