Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2008   #1
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline
Default Losing Sucks

Is it me or just losing just feel worse this year, in previous years when we sucked we all pretty much new it so appreciated the wins and the close games that much more, however I know coming into this season I didn't feel like we did suck as most of you would probably agree.

I'm not sure what I'm getting at here but losing just seems that much harder to accept this year than in previous years.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Losing Sucks

I'm so used to it by now, that it doesn't even really phase me anymore.

I get upset, but at least by this time in the season, I don't watch the games as religiously anymore
Old 11-18-2008   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I'm so used to it by now, that it doesn't even really phase me anymore.

I get upset, but at least by this time in the season, I don't watch the games as religiously anymore

Yeah, I'm not glued to the set the whole game like I used to be. Now days, I'm generally doing something else and sort of keeping an eye on the game. Unless something new happens with the team, I don't expect a whole lot will change with the Texans performance the rest of the season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #4
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

It hurts more with the fact that I am overseas, I don't get the game until at least Wednesday. I always watch every bit of the game knowing the result. That makes watching alot tougher. lol.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #5
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes me wonder why I got the NFL Sunday Ticket on Directv?
Old 11-18-2008   #6
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

ditto gtex above - I'm numb to it. Yeah, had the high hopes before the season - but seeing how they acted (not played) in preseason and the first few regular seasons... kinda saw a similar path about to be taken.

Wake me when they want to be taken seriously.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #7
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait for the day when Reliant is packed and is rocking on a consistent basis.
Old 11-18-2008   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
Makes me wonder why I got the NFL Sunday Ticket on Directv?
I hear you on that. I was this close to getting it. I think you should get a partial refund.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Is it me or just losing just feel worse this year, in previous years when we sucked we all pretty much new it so appreciated the wins and the close games that much more, however I know coming into this season I didn't feel like we did suck as most of you would probably agree.

I'm not sure what I'm getting at here but losing just seems that much harder to accept this year than in previous years.
I agree with ya Andy. We ALL had such high expectations for our team this year, and they started their downhill trend way to early in the season. It's been a roller coaster ride emotionally, hoping each game we would see a glimpse of what we all THOUGHT we were going to have this year. Nothing happened, and now we are all in a funk with 6 more games to go. I find myself wanting that illusive 9-7 record, and at the same time wanting Richard Smith GONE so bad I'm afraid if we do kick it up and make a good showing these last 6 games, the FO will think he just needed another "learning" year and decide to keep him. I have the same sick feeling about Kubiak. Does this man really have the talent to be a HC, or is his skills limited to the offense only. Will another year make a difference? I'm willing to concede and give the man another year, IF he gets rid of RS and brings in some brains and BALLS to the D. The talent is there, they just need someone who knows how to tweek it. JMO folks!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

iam so used to losing now i dont even get to mad

i just come here because i like to talk about my texans win or lose
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #11
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

My original prediction of 8-8 was too optimistic
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #12
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yeah, I'm not glued to the set the whole game like I used to be. Now days, I'm generally doing something else and sort of keeping an eye on the game. Unless something new happens with the team, I don't expect a whole lot will change with the Texans performance the rest of the season.
That's about sums it up.

I was texting a friend of mine on the last drive and said "Rosenfels is going to throw a pick." Well, I'm not psychic but we've just gotten to be predictably bad.

So, if we win, I'm happy. If we lose, well, I was probably raking or something by the end of the third quarter anyway.
Old 11-18-2008   #13
cowbellm00
100% Houstonian

Rep Power: 10 cowbellm00 is a Pro Bowlercowbellm00 is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to cowbellm00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post

I think what we're feeling isn't the pain of the loss, but the frustration of our team not moving up or down , i guess in the power rankings ( I actually care less about them, but wins and losses are what determine that). We've seen teams like the Bengals and Fins and many others go down where we are, then up. Yet we remain bottom feeders and stay near 25th in the league. Never quite the worst, but never outta sight from the bottom.

I guess my pain is due to the lack of movement either way. I'd rather be dead last than just stuck where we've been since day one.
cowbellm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel that this is the season of heartbreak, WAY more than any other season.

High expectations coming in just to be crushed with an 0-4 record. Then we win 3 in a row but slowly week by week our playoff chances disappear wth losses.

Game by Game:

Steelers: Many expected a loss but not a blowout
Titans: Seemed we were in it the whole game but another loss
Jags:A heartbreaking OT loss which really changed things at 0-3
Colts: An epic collapse at our home opener, when Sage found a way to lose the game in the last 5 minutes, left fans hopeless at 0-4
Dolphins: Thinking it was another tough loss Texans fans started leaving early when suddenly the Texans show some life on a game winning drive and get our first W
Lions: After a great first half, it all seems too familiar when the Texans start to blow another lead but they pull it out and winthier second game
Bengals: Texans have thier first true winning streak, winning 3 in a row and putting them in the playoff race. Giving fans hope that this is the season we expected.
Vikings: Texans cant get the win on the road as Schaub gets hurt after a hard fought game but putting the Texans further behind in the playoff hopes
Ravens: Last chance at home to put some fight in the season. Sage starts and has a horrible game as turnovers lead to another loss, this time a blowout at Reliant. Just a frutrating game leading Texans fans to lose all hope and making the rest of the season seem meaningless.
Colts: Not many expected the Texans to get the win in Indy where they have never won. Yet they give us some hope again as they have an opportunity to win the game on the final drive, but Sage throws yet another INT to lose the game. Texans remain winless on the road and drop to 3-7.

A very tough season, I still cant wait until the Monday night game!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #15
BuffaloglennTX
Rookie

Rep Power: 24 BuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I feel that this is the season of heartbreak, WAY more than any other season.

High expectations coming in just to be crushed with an 0-4 record. Then we win 3 in a row but slowly week by week our playoff chances disappear wth losses.

Game by Game:

Steelers: Many expected a loss but not a blowout
Titans: Seemed we were in it the whole game but another loss
Jags:A heartbreaking OT loss which really changed things at 0-3
Colts: An epic collapse at our home opener, when Sage found a way to lose the game in the last 5 minutes, left fans hopeless at 0-4
Dolphins: Thinking it was another tough loss Texans fans started leaving early when suddenly the Texans show some life on a game winning drive and get our first W
Lions: After a great first half, it all seems too familiar when the Texans start to blow another lead but they pull it out and winthier second game
Bengals: Texans have thier first true winning streak, winning 3 in a row and putting them in the playoff race. Giving fans hope that this is the season we expected.
Vikings: Texans cant get the win on the road as Schaub gets hurt after a hard fought game but putting the Texans further behind in the playoff hopes
Ravens: Last chance at home to put some fight in the season. Sage starts and has a horrible game as turnovers lead to another loss, this time a blowout at Reliant. Just a frutrating game leading Texans fans to lose all hope and making the rest of the season seem meaningless.
Colts: Not many expected the Texans to get the win in Indy where they have never won. Yet they give us some hope again as they have an opportunity to win the game on the final drive, but Sage throws yet another INT to lose the game. Texans remain winless on the road and drop to 3-7.

A very tough season, I still cant wait until the Monday night game!

I agree on the higher expectations based on the possibilities brought on by last year's record. Combine that with the tough losses this year (at Jax, Indy X2) and that makes it harder. You see the offense playing better than any previous Texans offense, and that makes it tough too.
BuffaloglennTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read