Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2008   #21
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Defense: The Worst NFL Defense Over the Last 4 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
i couldn't have put it better. we just flatline through the season and that starts up top. kubiak doesn't show much passion or fire and doesnt get too fired up and it is mirrored in the teams that he prepares for Sunday. The 'no talent' argument is BS imho. There is talent there, its just a horrible scheme and the players are asked to play what I would term 'soft' in both coverage and QB pressure. I just don't see what there is to lose....were 3 and freaking 7. the fanbase isn't happy and heads will roll...doubt its Kubiak this offseason but Smith is as good as gone and Kubiak will be on the hotseat next year.

The only way I see Kubiak getting canned is if they go 3-13 and only beating MIA, CIN, and DET....and I'm not sure that would even get him canned. definitely would make for a hotter seat in 2009 but something tells me McNair is too stubborn and proud to admit failure only 3 years into the 'prodigal' son's return....even if it stared him in the face.
He doesn't show that emotion in press conferences. Nor does he show his buttocks during half time.

He does show plenty of emotion to his team.

I don't know why you refer to him as the prodigal son. That makes no sense given the Biblical story.

If we are getting all Biblical, I would suggest the Book of Job to decribe the Texans season. Or Acts has some relevant things. Lots of bad things happen to the early Christians and they are dispersed to many lands due to the persecution. But it turns out this is a good thing because it spreads God's word.

Sometimes out of bad stuff good things happen. But when you are in the midst of the bad stuff it is hard to figure out what that good stuff is going to be. During the middle of crisis you always have to be on the look out for opportunity.
Old 11-18-2008   #22
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

At least its not a 13-7 game every week, that would be way boring.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've lost all confidence that this front office can pull it's head out of it's corporate butt. The fact that Richard Smith is still here just proves that they believe in magic fairies and pixie dust. Successful teams would have fired that dude a long time ago (and they probably never would have hired him as DC to begin with!!).

Instead, we get excuse after excuse every off-season. It stinks. Try not to step in it.
Old 11-19-2008   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I've lost all confidence that this front office can pull it's head out of it's corporate butt. The fact that Richard Smith is still here just proves that they believe in magic fairies and pixie dust. Successful teams would have fired that dude a long time ago (and they probably never would have hired him as DC to begin with!!).

Instead, we get excuse after excuse every off-season. It stinks. Try not to step in it.
DB do you or anyone else know any doctors in the Houston area? Maybe ones that could take their belly button out and insert a small piece of plexiglass or a small skylight? so while their head is up their ass, they can still see where they are going?

I can only dream

Last edited by Wolf; 11-19-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #25
TexanRevolution
Tejano Diablo

Rep Power: 13 TexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I don't know why you refer to him as the prodigal son. That makes no sense given the Biblical story.

If we are getting all Biblical, I would suggest the Book of Job to decribe the Texans season. Or Acts has some relevant things. Lots of bad things happen to the early Christians and they are dispersed to many lands due to the persecution. But it turns out this is a good thing because it spreads God's word.
Wow...and she even exegetes the Holy Scriptures.

Let's hope this experience leads to a "Revelation" of sorts.

TexanRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #26
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Sometimes out of bad stuff good things happen. But when you are in the midst of the bad stuff it is hard to figure out what that good stuff is going to be. During the middle of crisis you always have to be on the look out for opportunity.
Well TC, we do have Richard Smith and the Red Sea Defense ..

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #27
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Well TC, we do have Richard Smith and the Red Sea Defense ..

Bwahahaha.

I discuss more defensive stuff in my latest Chron blog post: Looking at Houston Texan coaching trees and how numbers can mislead

When I was looking around at numbers, I noticed something peculiar that I thought was interesting...The most recent Football Outsider stats...

Look the teams at the bottom of the league with mostly the worst records.

Most of those teams rank poorly with both offense and defense. And some with special teams too. They are a catastrophe across the board.

The Texans' clear problem is defense. Just like it is with some other teams that have had better success than the Texans in recent years. They have needs on offense but they can work around those some. Defense is a mess.

Knowing that doesn't help the team much now, but it does suggest that fixing that area could fix a lot of things. That the Texans situation isn't as dire as some others in the league.
Old 11-20-2008   #28
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/fo...=outsiderswk12

Doesn't it just make you proud to be a fan? Every week its more stuff like this. Here are some snippets if people don't want to read the entire thing:

"A nice matchup against the Texans makes Jamal Lewis a great play. Football Outsiders calculates the difficulty of a player's matchup and compares it to his expected average performance in the 2008 season; the matchups with the biggest effect on player value are shown below.
Jamal Lewis, RB, CLE (16%)"

"Jamal Lewis (Browns, plus-16 percent): As bad as Houston's pass defense is, its run defense is much worse -- it's the league's worst, in fact. Until they spend yet another first-round pick on a defensive lineman, that's not going to change, which will work out well for Lewis this week. A 100-yard day is extremely likely."

"Brady Quinn (Browns, plus-12 percent): The Houston defense is the gift that keeps on giving. It's got three excellent players in defensive end Mario Williams, middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans and cornerback Fred Bennett. It's also got a few players who are simply awful, and they happen to make up the rest of the secondary. (Dunta Robinson is exempted, since he's not at 100 percent.) Quinn's shown the ability to be competent at the very least, which means that he can pick holes in the Texans' defense and be a good start in deeper leagues or as a No. 2 quarterback."

This is just follow up to what TC has been posting. According to their system Quinn and Lewis both have the highest increase in predicted output vs. their average output due to facing our defense. Nice.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read