Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Schaub could be out 4 more weeks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

I guess we should thank Jared Allen for taking out the only QB on the roster that could've given us a shot at a respectable season.
Old 11-17-2008   #2
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub could be out 4 more weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post

I guess we should thank Jared Allen for taking out the only QB on the roster that could've given us a shot at a respectable season.
GTFO.

*sigh*

Sooooo, what is the date on the draft?

Edit: There was a piece of me that was hoping for a rickroll. Schaub ain't all that but Matt > Rosencopter
Old 11-17-2008   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the good news is there should be no more start Sage threads.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #4
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew it.. Kubiak is in tank mode. He must have Stafford on his mind .
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #5
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Well the good news is there should be no more start Sage threads.
And the bad news is that we'll just have Sage start for another 4 weeks. I'd rather have the threads. At least I can ignore those.
Old 11-17-2008   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
And the bad news is that we'll just have Sage start for another 4 weeks. I'd rather have the threads. At least I can ignore those.
Why is Marty showing his O face?

Old 11-17-2008   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Why is Marty showing his O face?
He just found out that he's going to be the next Texans head coach. He's THAT excited.
Old 11-17-2008   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He just found out that he's going to be the next Texans head coach. He's THAT excited.
Then that would be his "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" face
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #9
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
No! He's happy!

Really happy!

*rocks in corner*

Really happy!

*weeps*
Old 11-17-2008   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Not a big deal to me. 2a vs. 2b and all that. The worst part is that Kubes has ground to claim Matt needs another year of development.
Old 11-17-2008   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This has to be the funniest thing I have ever read.

Old 11-17-2008   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

somehow it doesn't suprise me considering the Texans record on injuries and reporting them.. they seem to last longer maybe we need to get a hot tube of this water

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pardon me...I'm going to crawl off and weep now.
Old 11-17-2008   #14
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see how this is suprising. The original report was, "at least 4 weeks, possibly the season."

When talking about the Texans, and especially Schaub, that's an obvious season ender.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #15
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post

This was posted at pft.com......

Quote:
TEXANS FEARED SCHAUB WAS DONE FOR THE YEAR
Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2008, 7:38 p.m. EST
Texans coach Gary Kubiak said during a Monday press conference that starting quarterback Matt Schaub will resume throwing the ball this week, more than two weeks after suffering a sprained MCL during a game at Minnesota, thanks to a low hit from Minnesota defensive end Jared Allen.

“I think they’ll bring him out there at some point this week and let him throw the ball around; set his feet,” Kubiak said. “But I guess I’m beginning to think and feel more confident that he will play this year.”

That last statement prompted a follow-up question, since no one had known that Schaub had suffered a possible season-ending injury.

“I think we were concerned a little bit about a week after the injury,” Kubiak said. “He’s made a lot of progress this past week. You’re talking about six weeks [remaining in the season] right now so I’m sure hoping that a couple of weeks from [now], we’re very close to getting him back on the football field.”
pft

2 more weeks maybe?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans have a habit of speaking in dog weeks to the public when secretly they are thinking in human weeks

for those that are wondering.. 1 dog year =7 human years(theoretically)

so basically what they are saying.. when the Texans have someone out 2 weeks it really means 14
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #17
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
GTFO.

*sigh*

Sooooo, what is the date on the draft?

Edit: There was a piece of me that was hoping for a rickroll. Schaub ain't all that but Matt > Rosencopter

I have joined ranks with the posters on here who are advocating drafting a qb with a high pick next year. The caveat being that there is a qb worthy of a high pick at the time.

Schaub might suddenly become healthy enough to withstand the rigors of the NFL but I wouldn't want to depend on it.

Old 11-17-2008   #18
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Why didn't Kubiak give out the real skinny on the severity of Schaub's injury after it happened? Oh well, there go the playoffs.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Why didn't Kubiak give out the real skinny on the severity of Schaub's injury after it happened? Oh well, there go the playoffs.
Playoffs. Playoffs! PLAYOFFS?? Let me tell you somethi.....PLAYOFFS!?!

Old 11-18-2008   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I called this when he went down. We should have sent him to the IR then, thereby being able to use that roster spot, it would have given us, on a QB. Instead we dropped a player to bring up the back up QB. Incompetence strikes again in my opinion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read