Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2008   #1
texan9885
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVP
Default Jacques Reeves

Doesn't it seem like all he does is let his reciever catch the ball and then tackle him. He has maybe three pass defenses this whole year! Why would anyone be scared to throw at him. I just don't understand how he or faggins , who does the same thing, are still starting.
texan9885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Jacque Reeves

you're complaining about the guy, the least you could do is look up the correct spelling of his name. Jacques Reeves
Old 11-17-2008   #3
texan9885
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
you're complaining about the guy, the least you could do is look up the correct spelling of his name. Jacques Reeves
excuse me
texan9885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan9885 View Post
excuse me
nothing against you, i'm just saying... it's gotta suck when the person putting you down can't even spell your name.
Old 11-17-2008   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
nothing against you, i'm just saying... it's gotta suck when the person putting you down can't even spell your name.

WHO cares how you spell his friggin name!!!! HE SUCKS!!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

"Frenchie" is much easier to spell.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

The most annoying thing about Reeves is that he is in position to make a play at least 75% of the time.

He just never plays the ball.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2008   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
"Frenchie" is much easier to spell.
French toast?
Old 11-17-2008   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
French toast?
I like that, that should be his new nickname...
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I like that, that should be his new nickname...
/seconded
Old 11-17-2008   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

/Jacque Cousteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacques Reeves

You guys are killing me. He is our second best corner next to DRob.

And he has 12 passes defensed, 2 INT, and an INT for a TD.

He is light years ahead of Faggins, Bennett, and Molden.

In fact, after watching Bennett the last couple of weeks he kind of sucks. I guess last year was a fluke.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think last year was a fluke with Bennett; I think this year is. Sophomore jinx, maybe?

Reeves is "know when to look for the ball" away from greatness, but he may never "find" it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sorry Dragon but I have to disagree. "Jackies Reeves" has played so poorly this year that I don't think he has the right to have his name spelled correctly in message board complaints about him. I think he deserves to have his name spelled with the exact same attention to detail that he gives his side of the field every Sunday.
Old 11-17-2008   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm sorry Dragon but I have to disagree. "Jackies Reeves" has played so poorly this year that I don't think he has the right to have his name spelled correctly in message board complaints about him. I think he deserves to have his name spelled with the exact same attention to detail that he gives his side of the field every Sunday.
Reeves is playing head and shoulders above everyone else in our secondary.

Maybe I need to be educated. Someone explain it to me. How is it the only CB on our team that actually covers his guy and can run stride for stride with his man is the worst CB that we have?

Maybe I am missing something. Maybe he too should give 5-10 yard cushions and let his receivers catch the ball like the rest of our secondary.

Old 11-17-2008   #16
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Reeves makes $3.8 million
more than Dunta, go figure
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #17
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Reeves makes $3.8 million
more than Dunta, go figure
DRob is about to get the franchise tag and make over 9 million next year.

Old 11-17-2008   #18
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Reeves is playing head and shoulders above everyone else in our secondary.

Maybe I need to be educated. Someone explain it to me. How is it the only CB on our team that actually covers his guy and can run stride for stride with his man is the worst CB that we have?

Maybe I am missing something. Maybe he too should give 5-10 yard cushions and let his receivers catch the ball like the rest of our secondary.
im really happy that he's close to the wr while their catching td passes.

actually thats probably why we hate him so much. he's always close enough to his man when they catch a td that we get to see his number. we just have to guess who it was when someelse gets burned because they are not in the picture.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
im really happy that he's close to the wr while their catching td passes.

actually thats probably why we hate him so much. he's always close enough to his man when they catch a td that we get to see his number. we just have to guess who it was when someelse gets burned because they are not in the picture.
You say getting burned for TD's like he gives one up every game. He has given up maybe 3 all year.

Maybe I am wrong. But if I am I need some proof. To me, Reeves has played solid ball all year.

Old 11-17-2008   #20
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i think you will find maybe 10 people who agree with you.. I"m one of them. I think he's a very good corner who needs to learn how to play the ball. he covers very well.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read