Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2008   #1
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubes live

GO NOW

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...87&play_clip=Y
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubes live

Can't wait to hear the perfect combintation of podium tapping and excuses.
Old 11-17-2008   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does Christian Slater look sad?
Old 11-17-2008   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

We cant tackle ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

How can he say, "we played as clean as we can play" with a straight face? The defense was a no show. He seems oblivious to the fact that playing good defense wins games.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Why doesn't some one ask "how come the defense has not improved at all" or how come the defense gives up 30+ points per game".......how's he going to dodge that one?
Old 11-17-2008   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

a reporter said to Kubiak that Dunta said there were a lot of blow assignments on defense and Kubiak said he would disagree with that....that you are gonna have mistakes in a game.

Kubiak doesn't just accept mediocrity, he breeds it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2008   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

"What you want is to have some plays that will offset mistakes" ......yeah, that's the message we want to send.....not let's eliminate the mistakes or minimize them.

And he just said Matt will throw this week and they feel good about him playing again this season..........loosely translated, Schaub is going to go on IR.
Old 11-17-2008   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen more positive body language at execution announcements.

I didn't know about Matt. Don't think McClain did either.

EDIT: I'm tired, got the wrong name.
Old 11-17-2008   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I've seen more positive body language at execution announcements.

I didn't know about Sage. Don't think McClain did either.
nevermind. I'll edit mine because Showtime edited his. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
nevermind. I'll edit mine because Showtime edited his. LOL
I edited my post. But I didn't know Matt could be (or there was talk) of Matt being out for the season.
Old 11-17-2008   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he probably brings up Matt throwing and the Texans feeling good about him playing again this season just because it changes the subject and gets people off of his ass. Seriously, even if you (as I) think that it's meaningless that Kubiak says he thinks he'll play again this season you're still talking about how full of bull they are (as am I) instead of how crappy the defense played.
Old 11-17-2008   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything about Slaton's "dead legs" this week?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #14
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

would you guys be happier with a coach who would launch into a Dennis Green-like tirade? seriously, attacking Kubiak on his public speaking mannerisms is a waste of time IMO.

he's going to be the head coach next season so get over yourselves and get used to it.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone should have asked him about the Hail Mary thing he talked to Rosenfels about. We have the ball with a little under 2 minutes left and he tells Rosenfels don't do anything dumb so they can try a hail mary? WTF?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
would you guys be happier with a coach who would launch into a Dennis Green-like tirade? seriously, attacking Kubiak on his public speaking mannerisms is a waste of time IMO.

he's going to be the head coach next season so get over yourselves and get used to it.
Actually.......YES!

I want to see some attitude on this team, somebody needs to show some anger over the way we're playing. Not this "aw shucks, we just didn't execute" crap. I've been hearing that crap for 7 years now. When is somebody finally going to get pissed off, cause I sure as hell am.

Houston Texans..........where losing is accepted (and winning isn't expected).

This isn't coach pitch baseball and not everybody is a winner. Our media needs to be harder on the coaches as well......nobody ever wants to ask the hard questions.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #17
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Someone should have asked him about the Hail Mary thing he talked to Rosenfels about. We have the ball with a little under 2 minutes left and he tells Rosenfels don't do anything dumb so they can try a hail mary? WTF?
I'm listening to 610am right now and Matt Jackson swears he's going to ask that very question when Kubiak is on between 5 and 6 pm...
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Actually.......YES!

I want to see some attitude on this team, somebody needs to show some anger over the way we're playing. Not this "aw shucks, we just didn't execute" crap. I've been hearing that crap for 7 years now. When is somebody finally going to get pissed off, cause I sure as hell am.

Houston Texans..........where losing is accepted (and winning isn't expected).

This isn't coach pitch baseball and not everybody is a winner. Our media needs to be harder on the coaches as well......nobody ever wants to ask the hard questions.
Exactly. There seems to be only a few organizations in football that don't hold their employees accountable for the product on the field.

Detroit for sure. The Texans come to mind as well.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

How long does it take a rookie HC to grow up?? I'm serious. Kubes has been a coach for years, a HC for 3. Didn't he learn ANYTHING while he was working under Shanny?? He cannot game plan, poor time management, obviously has NO control over his DC, hires Shannys baby boy and then has to bring in Gibbs to "tutor" him as OC, hasn't yet learned how to prepare his team for the next game, makes 70,000+ fans on a Sunday aft scratch their head and wonder "what the HELL" is he doing?? Some people say "no blood, no guts, no glory!" I say "no brains, no BALLS, no glory!!"

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, but, I believe our team is better than their record, and I believe they WANT to do better, WIN, and be proud of who they are. Our failure this season can be contributed to more than just bad luck, crappy corners, subpar QBs, and a D that plays worst than my grandson's six man football team. It falls on the MEN that walk the sideline or sit up in the booth. A team unprepared is a team destined for failure. JMO! Had to vent! Thank you!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
I'm listening to 610am right now and Matt Jackson swears he's going to ask that very question when Kubiak is on between 5 and 6 pm...
Yeah I heard the same thing and if true it's unbelievable. I want to hear Kubiak's response to this.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read