Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-17-2008   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will the Texans/Browns game air in Austin?

I checked out KEYE's website and it says TBA. Anyone know if we will get to see the game on regular TV?
Old 11-17-2008   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the Texans/Browns game air in Austin?

The titans/jets game is at noon also, hope they don't decide to go with that.
Old 11-17-2008   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Check here later this week.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/index.html

When are the maps updated?
Usually Wednesday night or Thursday afternoon for that weekend's games. Updates and corrections on Friday if needed.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'm going to be very surprised if the Texans are shown in Austin or San Antonio anymore this year.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be shocked if the Texans are on this week, but we won't know for a couple of days.

For every Texans game that hasn't been on KEYE, I've gotten a pre-emptive email letting me know from the program director before it ever comes out on the map... and I haven't gotten that email yet. I usually get it on Mondays, though... so I'll post it here either way.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

UPDATE - yep, KEYE's showing Titans/Jets as expected. I just got the email.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-17-2008   #7
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

bastards.......not that i blame them though.
Old 11-17-2008   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, my wife and I will watch her Niners try and hang with the Cowboys. The Texans just don't give me any rocks to throw at KEYE.
Old 11-17-2008   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

He sent me the ratings for yesterdays games - and they're ASTOUNDING.

The Titans game at 3PM - you know, the Titans WITHOUT Vince Young - more than DOUBLED the ratings for the Texans game at noon. That is amazing.

Also - the game that ran at noon on Fox - Bears/Packers - rated higher than the Texans on KEYE.

Wow. Why would KEYE ever show another Texans game?

EDIT: I forgot to mention an important thing here: of course, the Titans game was unopposed in the Austin market, whereas the Texans game was up against a game on Fox... but still - it was MORE than double the ratings, plus the Texans/Colts game didn't even beat out the Packers/Bears head to head.

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Last edited by DiehardChris; 11-17-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-17-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
He sent me the ratings for yesterdays games - and they're ASTOUNDING.

The Titans game at 3PM - you know, the Titans WITHOUT Vince Young - more than DOUBLED the ratings for the Texans game at noon. That is amazing.

Also - the game that ran at noon on Fox - Bears/Packers - rated higher than the Texans on KEYE.

Wow. Why would KEYE ever show another Texans game?
Ratings are a crock. Don't get me started, I have no Texan rocks..lol
Old 11-17-2008   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

I disagree that ratings are a crock. They're not perfect by any means - but they're not a crock.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-17-2008   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
I disagree that ratings are a crock. They're not perfect by any means - but they're not a crock.
Crooooock. Well just agree to disagree on that.
Old 11-17-2008   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Indeed.

What we can agree, is that if the Texans would freaking win some games - we wouldn't even have to have threads like this. Sigh.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-17-2008   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Then again the titans are 10-0
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
UPDATE - yep, KEYE's showing Titans/Jets as expected. I just got the email.
Guess, I will be at Pluckers....too bad the girls play at noon, probably will not get to hear the game. Even though the girl fans can stay at home and watch it.
Old 11-17-2008   #16
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Indeed.

What we can agree, is that if the Texans would freaking win some games - we wouldn't even have to have threads like this. Sigh.
No kidding. It really chaps me they show the Titans no matter what and I used to give 'em Hell about it, but now I can't in good conscience
blame them for showing whoever they see fit. I can hate that they do it, but I won't give them any grief for it while we are playing like this.

We on this board have fought for the Texans cause in Austin (S.A. too) much harder than the Texans themselves. Both the Front Office and now the product they have on the field have undermined any efforts by the fans to date.
Old 11-17-2008   #17
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
No kidding. It really chaps me they show the Titans no matter what and I used to give 'em Hell about it, but now I can't in good conscience
blame them for showing whoever they see fit. I can hate that they do it, but I won't give them any grief for it while we are playing like this.

We on this board have fought for the Texans cause in Austin (S.A. too) much harder than the Texans themselves. Both the Front Office and now the product they have on the field have undermined any efforts by the fans to date.
Yes, well said and Quoted for truth!
Old 11-17-2008   #18
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

Yeah, we have and that's what really bites. The FO has done nothing!
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #19
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't even be mad at KEYE honestly, and I usually am. But its getting to a point where I don't even feel like watching the games - maybe not even enough for me to go to a bar to watch the game.

Like the rest of you who have also voiced out to help the Texans in this market, it is kind of hard to fight for something that doesn't fight for itself.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #20
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple of reasons I will watch this game:

1. I have the Ticket( so I can, but most likely will be flipping channels)

2. Because my friend is a big mouthed Browns fan and is talking trash already
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read