Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2008   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who would you make defensive coordinator?

Who would you want as our new defensive coordinator?

Maybe Jim Johnson has another gem tucked away ready to blossom.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would you make defensive coordinator?

Jim Eddy still hasn't caught on with anyone yet.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Nolan is currently unemployed, I'd be interested to know if he could excel in a 4-3. I think he does both 4-3 and 3-4 but someone else will have to explain that in further detail.

Jim Bates is out there and he had quite a bit of success before his failure in Denver recently.

Frank Bush would be the likely candidate if we promote from within but I would personally be very disappointed just because I would like to see the entire defensive coaching staff be reshuffled.

Thats all I can think of immediately.
Old 11-16-2008   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Ed Biles

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry Gray.
Old 11-16-2008   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Who would you want as our new defensive coordinator?

Maybe Jim Johnson has another gem tucked away ready to blossom.
yes.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...dibles2319.htm

Quote:
(Eagles defensive coordinator) Jim Johnson has developed a lot of good lieutenants. Teams looking for a defensive coordinator are going to have to take a close look at his position coaches. Sean McDermott has been the secondary coach and linebackers coach. He comes from the same line as (Ravens head coach John) Harbaugh, (and defensive coordinators) Leslie Frazier, Ron Rivera and Steve Spagnuolo. Hes been in the system for 10-some years and has worked his way up the ranks. He played at William & Mary with (Steelers head coach) Mike Tomlin. Hes not going to fly under the radar much longer. Rivera just got promoted (to defensive coordinator in San Diego). Spags and Frazier are in line for top jobs. The Jim Johnson pipeline is hot.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Thats now funny.

Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2008   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I want.

Give me a guy who knows how to play defense and what an attacking defense looks like.

Thats all I want for Christmas.

Old 11-16-2008   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck I almost will settle for a fictional character

Quote:
Coach Yoast:All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz...all...night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the TEXANS!
http://www.ghostplace.com/archive/in...p/t-36076.html

One day (I can dream right?)
I really don't know, It is easy to pick this name or that name, but...

Last edited by Wolf; 11-16-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #10
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I really don't know, It is easy to pick this name or that name, but...
If we are going fictional characters, some one needs to get Shane Falco here pronto.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #11
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
If we are going fictional characters, some one needs to get Shane Falco here pronto.
Think he could tell Sage a thing or two about "quicksand?"
Old 11-16-2008   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Jim Eddy always look like this guy? ...

Old 11-16-2008   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Mike Nolan is currently unemployed, I'd be interested to know if he could excel in a 4-3. I think he does both 4-3 and 3-4 but someone else will have to explain that in further detail.

Jim Bates is out there and he had quite a bit of success before his failure in Denver recently.

Frank Bush would be the likely candidate if we promote from within but I would personally be very disappointed just because I would like to see the entire defensive coaching staff be reshuffled.

Thats all I can think of immediately.
I would be interested in Mike Nolan as well. Jim Bates was mentioned as a potential DC here when Kubiak got hired, but Bates wanted to be able to hire his own assistants instead of Kubiak doing it.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #14
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/te...sp?coach_id=10

Sounds like a plan to me, anything even resembling what they do in Philly and NY would be like advancing from simple addition to rocket science.
Old 11-16-2008   #15
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Well, Bill Yoast is a REAL person who was portrayed by Will Patton...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Buddy Hackett and the Houston Oilers.

Old 11-16-2008   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Reid gets fired Jim Johnson may be available.

Mike Nolan
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade Phillips is probably gone at the end of the season. He's probably worth a look
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If Reid gets fired Jim Johnson may be available.

Mike Nolan
If Reid gets fired we have our new HC.

I can't see him going anywhere for a long, long, time.

Old 11-16-2008   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Wade Phillips is probably gone at the end of the season. He's probably worth a look
I would love to have Phillips but he is a 34 guy. I just can't go through another retooling.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read