Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-16-2008   #1
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bring VY back home!

I know some of ya'll are going to destroy me for this, but what could it hurt. He throws picks, our QBs throw picks. At least his feet can make big plays in the clutch. Who knows, maybe being back at home will be good for him. I know this much, I don't want to go into next season with Sage as a back-up to Schaub anymore. Trade him and get what we can for him. May as well trade him to the Titans. He seems to fit what they want in a QB - a manager. You can't put the game in his hands and expect him to win it.
Old 11-16-2008   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bring VY back home!

Lock Thread Please!!!!
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

bad idea
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #4
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Lock Thread Please!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
bad idea
Again, considering what the Texans have right now, what could it hurt to give him a shot?
Old 11-16-2008   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

he sucks, get over it
Old 11-16-2008   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Again, considering what the Texans have right now, what could it hurt to give him a shot?
Well, I guess K-EYE might show Texans games when they're on the same time slot as the tin-men.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this was Vince's plan all along. Suck it up until he could get back home. I'd do this only if we can grab him in FA......no way I trade to a division opponent for him.

I actually had this thought a couple years ago.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2008   #8
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
he sucks, get over it
So do our current QBs. What's the difference? Look, I'm not a VY fan. Hell, I rooted for USC in the Rose Bowl. I don't bleed burnt orange or anything like that. All I'm saying is that our QBs suck, so what would it hurt giving him a shot?
Old 11-16-2008   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Bud Adams would never allow it
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #10
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like he's been enjoying his free time...

stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #11
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So do our current QBs. What's the difference? Look, I'm not a VY fan. Hell, I rooted for USC in the Rose Bowl. I don't bleed burnt orange or anything like that. All I'm saying is that our QBs suck, so what would it hurt giving him a shot?
He sucks worse?
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #12
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring VY back home!

And David Carr, too!!!! That would be awesome.

And maybe we can bring back Liberace from the dead to be head coach!!

And make Elton John a cheerleader!
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't replace one player (or in this case two) with someone worse.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know some of ya'll are going to destroy me for this, but what could it hurt. He throws picks, our QBs throw picks. At least his feet can make big plays in the clutch. Who knows, maybe being back at home will be good for him. I know this much, I don't want to go into next season with Sage as a back-up to Schaub anymore. Trade him and get what we can for him. May as well trade him to the Titans. He seems to fit what they want in a QB - a manager. You can't put the game in his hands and expect him to win it.

Why would you do this? You want a guy who can't play QB well and who sulks about it when people paying attention have the gall to point it out to come back here and play his act for us? That's a stupid idea.

Vince Young is staying in Tennessee where the Titans will eat his contract until he does his Akili Smith impression and falls out of the NFL.

Sage doesn't need to be here following this season and if the Texans keep him they're fools. He's worthless so don't expect anyone to trade anything for him now. The Titans don't want him and wouldn't have been stupid enough to sign him in the first place.

If the Titans want a manager then why would Sage be the kind of QB they want if you can't put the game in his hands and expect him to win it? That makes no sense at all.

You're right, you need to be destroyed for posting this.
Old 11-16-2008   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

VY is a quitter and we sure as hell don't need to add anymore of those to this team.
Old 11-16-2008   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Tis thread reminds me of a line from Super Troopers:

"Desperation is a stinky cologne."
Old 11-16-2008   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Looks like he's been enjoying his free time...

nice one, for real
Old 11-16-2008   #18
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Why would you do this? You want a guy who can't play QB well and who sulks about it when people paying attention have the gall to point it out to come back here and play his act for us? That's a stupid idea.

Vince Young is staying in Tennessee where the Titans will eat his contract until he does his Akili Smith impression and falls out of the NFL.

Sage doesn't need to be here following this season and if the Texans keep him they're fools. He's worthless so don't expect anyone to trade anything for him now. The Titans don't want him and wouldn't have been stupid enough to sign him in the first place.

If the Titans want a manager then why would Sage be the kind of QB they want if you can't put the game in his hands and expect him to win it? That makes no sense at all.

You're right, you need to be destroyed for posting this.
So the question still remains - what do the Texans do for a back-up QB? Schaub is going to get hurt, we know that. So if the Texans cut Sage loose, who do they bring in?
Old 11-16-2008   #19
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

If we sign VY, sign Ryan Leaf too... we will drown the opposing defense with tears of emotion and sulk into the endzone.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So the question still remains - what do the Texans do for a back-up QB? Schaub is going to get hurt, we know that. So if the Texans cut Sage loose, who do they bring in?
Everyone in the room who thought that Kerry Collins was a joke before the Titans signed him please raise your hand.

<note to other posters, my hand is up>

You bring in an old veteran and I'm talking about someone who has started for another team for a long time and who still thinks they can play in this league. Mark friggin Brunell is playing for New Orleans and he's started and won in the NFL and he'd be a fantastic backup QB (and in fact he is, only for the Saints and not us). You find a guy like him and put him behind Schaub and you know what? You can probably have your pick of guys like that because Matt Schaub has gone down both years he's been here. Those old guys who can still manage a game and know what it takes to win will take note of the fact that your young starter can't stay on the field and see an opportunity to play.

This is a no-brainer. Signing Sage was retarded. People talking about how we had one of the best backups in the NFL is just idiotic. We have a journeyman who throws interceptions like that's what he's paid to do and I can name 5-6 teams off the top of my head with a better backup than ours. That there was once a "Start Sage" movement (bowel movement if you ask me) is an embarrassing thing for Texans fans everywhere. People who actually thought Sage should be starting need to go punch themselves in the face and get "NOT SUITABLE FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH AN NFL TEAM" inked on their foreheads.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read