Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2008   #1
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Right Now, I want Gary Kubiak Fired!

Ok, if the man does somthng insane to impress me over the rest of the season then I am open to change. But right now I feel like the whole coaching staff can't execute, and I want them gone, I want an agggresive coach who demands execution.

hmm?

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Right Now, I want Gary Kubiak Fired!

Can't blame Kubiak for today's loss.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #3
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

We have enough good players to have a winning record. Good coaches make Ok players look Good, and Bad Coaches make Good players look....ehhh....

Old 11-16-2008   #4
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Can't blame Kubiak for today's loss.
I can blame him for the weeks and events leading up to and adding up to a loss...

Old 11-16-2008   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #6
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

His playcalling was pretty good today. He took the ball away from Sage until he had to let him throw it. We know what happened with that.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
I can blame him for the weeks and events leading up to and adding up to a loss...
There's a lot of blame to go around. Kubiak takes part of it. The other coaches should take part of it, and the players do too. I'm not blaming this entire disastrous season on Kubiak.

If anything, I blame more of it on the quarterbacks. Kubiak can have Schaub and Rosenfels ready to play, but he can't stop them from making boneheaded plays that cause turnovers which then cost us games.

There will be coaches and players gone after this season, but I don't think Kubiak will be one of them.
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2008   #8
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's a lot of blame to go around. Kubiak takes part of it. The other coaches should take part of it, and the players do too. I'm not blaming this entire disastrous season on Kubiak.

If anything, I blame more of it on the quarterbacks. Kubiak can have Schaub and Rosenfels ready to play, but he can't stop them from making boneheaded plays that cause turnovers which then cost us games.

There will be coaches and players gone after this season, but I don't think Kubiak will be one of them.

valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad thread. The only thing you can blame Kubiak for is not kicking SmithDC in the ball sack.
Old 11-16-2008   #10
Ckw

Here comes out weekly emotional reaction. The main guy that needs to be axed right now is Dick Smith. There is no reason for him to still be coaching the defense of this team.

I doubt we find a QB in the draft so right now our only shot at the playoffs next season is to stack our defense. Get a good cover safety, a DE opposite of Mario, and hopefully an OLB and CB in FA. We'll see. Sucks to already be looking forward to next year...
Old 11-16-2008   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Bad thread. The only thing you can blame Kubiak for is not kicking SmithDC in the ball sack.
Yup

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #12
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 36481 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Last series aside the offense played a fine game today. The only blame you can assign to Kubiak is that he has been a coward when it comes to making the change everybody knows we need on defense.

It's too late now for this season, but in not firing Richard Smith, Kubiak has put his own job on the line.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Here comes out weekly emotional reaction. The main guy that needs to be axed right now is Dick Smith. There is no reason for him to still be coaching the defense of this team.

I doubt we find a QB in the draft so right now our only shot at the playoffs next season is to stack our defense. Get a good cover safety, a DE opposite of Mario, and hopefully an OLB and CB in FA. We'll see. Sucks to already be looking forward to next year...
Jeff Garcia and Kurt Warner are free agents after this season...
Old 11-16-2008   #14
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 36481 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Heh - beat me to it.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Didn't know he had one...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Kubiak coached a good game actually. Looked like he had the team prepared too. Our defense is very easy to move the ball on, and we ended up having a chance to win the game at the end there but Sage is Sage.

We need to build this defense and get a QB who is on the same page as our coach and doesn't make bonehead mistakes constantly. Schaub still has time and another year atleast to prove himself here and I feel Kubiak does as well. We need to think strongly about acquiring a QB either through the draft or off FA to take Sage's job because he is done here. His career as a QB who actually gets PT is probably over.

Richard Smith continues to show us why he will be fired come end of season. His coverage schemes are laughable.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #17
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now I want Rosencopter & Smith fired... Well actually I wanted them fired about 5 weeks ago. can't always get what you want.. no matter how much those players/coach blows. Just wait til the end of the season.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I think we need Jeff George or Vinny Testaverde.... we need a veteran who knows what he's doing...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #19
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Kubiak's offense scored almost 30 points and didn't allow a turnover until Sage's awful throw. I won't blame him for this loss.
Old 11-16-2008   #20
Ckw

Quote:

What is that? Logic? I didn't know there was any in an emotionally charged threads like this one.

Can't all the Kubiak haters just stop making their own thread and simply use one of the dozens that have already been made? Just do a quick search and stop wasting space with the useless drivel.

Last edited by Ckw; 11-16-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read