Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2008   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak on Adibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubiak
(on how LB Xavier Adibi has practiced) “He’s practiced really well. I’m sure he's gonna make some mistakes. He’s a young player. But I bet he makes some plays, too. He’s been very fast out here. He’s been flashing as a player. This game is funny. Sometimes these rookies, you know, they struggle and struggle and struggle and all of the sudden the light goes on. It sure looks like it’s trying to go on for him, so we’re expecting to see some good things out of him.”

(on if there is a problem with LB Xavier Adibi’s weight) “He’s light, but he’s healthy. But he’s still light. He feels good. He held up last week. You’d like to see him weigh a little bit more but you’re not at the point where you can stop and do that, so we’ll just let him go and let’s see how he does.”
I'm so happy that we are finally playing the linebacker with the most potential on our roster outside DeMeco. He had a tackle for loss last game. This guy is a playmaker, and he was good in coverage in college, so today's game against Dallas Clark should be a test. 223 is light for a LB but he needs to get game experience in his rookie season. Weight can be corrected in the offseason.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak on Adibi

I was at last weeks game and got a couple good look-sees at Adibi and he
certainly is smallish, really "thin" for a LB. You'd swear you were looking at a
safety. I dunno, if he could just get north of 230 (and stay above that floor),
that would help.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 239367 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'm so happy that we are finally playing the linebacker with the most potential on our roster outside DeMeco. He had a tackle for loss last game. This guy is a playmaker, and he was good in coverage in college, so today's game against Dallas Clark should be a test. 223 is light for a LB but he needs to get game experience in his rookie season. Weight can be corrected in the offseason.
The thing you worry about if he picks up significant weight, and he will need significant additional weight, is if he can maintain his speed and agility.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #4
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing I noticed about him was his exceptional quickness & that he wasn't afraid to get in there & mix it up. However, he did look completely lost out there. I guess his body can keep up with the speed of the NFL, but his head isn't quite there yet.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I was at last weeks game and got a couple good look-sees at Adibi and he
certainly is smallish, really "thin" for a LB. You'd swear you were looking at a
safety. I dunno, if he could just get north of 230 (and stay above that floor),
that would help.
I think his playing weight at Va Tech was in the mid 230's (everything I can find from the draft lists 236). The reason he's down 10-12 lbs. from that is due to illness, so getting back up to where he was shouldn't impact the speed and quickness he showed as a collegiate at all.
Old 11-16-2008   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I wonder if he will eventually be moved to safety in the NFL.
Old 11-16-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think his playing weight at Va Tech was in the mid 230's (everything I can find from the draft lists 236). The reason he's down 10-12 lbs. from that is due to illness, so getting back up to where he was shouldn't impact the speed and quickness he showed as a collegiate at all.
It's hard to pack on weight during the season. The guys can't get into the weightroom as much as they can during the off-season.

I would expect that during the off-season he will be able to get that weight back on.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2008   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

He looks good out there today. That injury looked like a little cramp. He didn't miss many plays.

Good coverage in that first half. He almost broke up a pass when covering Dallas Clark. 5 tackles in that first half for Adibi.
Old 11-16-2008   #9
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree, he has been getting beat on coverage, easily block, and missing some tackle in the backfield. He doesn't look all too good... he just looks like a rookie. Kubiak was right when he said he wasn't ready yet... hopefully he starts clicking towards the end of the season.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I disagree, he has been getting beat on coverage, easily block, and missing some tackle in the backfield. He doesn't look all too good... he just looks like a rookie. Kubiak was right when he said he wasn't ready yet... hopefully he starts clicking towards the end of the season.
I guess we can agree to disagree. I thought he looked promising for a rookie in his 2nd or 3rd game with significant playing time. Good game by Adibi, finished with 13 tackles. He wore down at the end of the game but hey, it's very early in his career.
Old 11-16-2008   #11
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess we can agree to disagree. I thought he looked promising for a rookie in his 2nd or 3rd game with significant playing time. Good game by Adibi, finished with 13 tackles. He wore down at the end of the game but hey, it's very early in his career.
He certainly showed up more than Morlon does I think. Seemed like he was just close to making some plays a few times but came up just short. For the most part the defense sucked though so maybe im being unfair to Morlon.
Old 11-16-2008   #12
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not saying he's not showing promise at WLB, just saying he's playing like a rookie LB.. making alot of mistakes. I still have hope for him as our future WLB.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #13
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

I dont care how much he wieghs, the guy can play ball. Yeah he made mistakes but its pretty much his first game w/ significant playtime. Feel comfortable with him and Diles on the outsides.
Old 11-16-2008   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Not saying he's not showing promise at WLB, just saying he's playing like a rookie LB.. making alot of mistakes. I still have hope for him as our future WLB.
True, mistakes were expected though. Just look at what Kubiak said at the end of Friday's practice in my original post.

Adibi made some strides today, and I would like to continue to see him on the field for the remainder of the season. That way we can iron out alot of these mistakes before he starts playing games that actually count, because this season is over as far as W-L mattering.
Old 11-16-2008   #15
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

He got taken advantage of on pass plays and missed several tackles in the backfield that could have changed the game. Still, the fact he was around the ball in the backfield is more than Greenwood ever did.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
He got taken advantage of on pass plays and missed several tackles in the backfield that could have changed the game. Still, the fact he was around the ball in the backfield is more than Greenwood ever did.
true
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #17
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Guys, it was his first time ever starting a game in the NFL, and he did it against Peyton Manning and the Colts. He played good all things considered. At least I noticed him around the ball trying to make plays, which I never see Greenwood do.
Old 11-16-2008   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
He certainly showed up more than Morlon does I think. Seemed like he was just close to making some plays a few times but came up just short. For the most part the defense sucked though so maybe im being unfair to Morlon.
That's the truth, he was at least in position a couple of times. Greenwood shouldn't play again this year unless to spell Adibi.
Old 11-16-2008   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91312 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
At least I noticed him around the ball trying to make plays, which I never see Greenwood do.
Gotta agree with you there. I noticed Zac Diles around the ball a lot too, before he got hurt.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #20
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

The main difference between Adibi and Greenwood?

I actually witnessed Adibi on the t.v. screen, making a tackle even. Greenwood's tactic of lining up and then finding manholes in the field is funny and all, but a real football player was cool to see.

I'm with the Joker though, interested in seeing what he could bring to safety. Great size/tackling, good speed/coverage...
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read