Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: when will richard smith get da boot.
after our next loss 7 12.28%
after we are out of the playoff picture 3 5.26%
after the season 37 64.91%
he stands tall with kubiak untill they both sink 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2008   #21
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: when does smith get da boot

I think it will be at season's end......... unfortunately.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #22
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 wwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotwwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Can someone please explain to McNair that when you give up 30 plus points every week your team will suck? The defensive players have quit on Richard Smith and his ridiculous schemes.
wwffan99tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #23
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't let him on the plane home.
Old 11-16-2008   #24
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
The players can stay in Indy as well for all I care, what a terrific failure on defense.
Old 11-16-2008   #25
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
The players can stay in Indy as well for all I care, what a terrific failure on defense.
Horrible 2nd half defense. They looked alright in the first. This is why there is no doubt in my mind that we have an incompetent front office, and I have never said that.

If they can't see that Dick Smith is not the answer, then they have lost their minds. If we had fired him closer to the beginning of the season, we could at least have a better idea of whether or not this horrible 2nd half play is because of Kubiak.
Old 11-16-2008   #26
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

When ever, it isn't soon enough, but most likely at the end of the season. A big blowout could change that I suppose.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #27
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Horrible 2nd half defense. They looked alright in the first. This is why there is no doubt in my mind that we have an incompetent front office, and I have never said that.

If they can't see that Dick Smith is not the answer, then they have lost their minds. If we had fired him closer to the beginning of the season, we could at least have a better idea of whether or not this horrible 2nd half play is because of Kubiak.
Honestly, the defense wasn't even that good in the first half.

The Colts dropped six passes, four of which would have been first downs.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2008   #28
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
LOL, I'd tell him to stay close to Dunta.
Old 11-16-2008   #29
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Honestly, the defense wasn't even that good in the first half.

The Colts dropped six passes, four of which would have been first downs.
True but they were worse in the 2nd half as they have been all year. Ex: Indy @ home, Baltimore, Detroit, etc.

All those games and more were played well in the first half only to be blown in the 2nd.
Old 11-16-2008   #30
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
True but they were worse in the 2nd half as they have been all year. Ex: Indy @ home, Baltimore, Detroit, etc.

All those games and more were played well in the first half only to be blown in the 2nd.
That is true.

We apparently don't make half time adjustments.

Or all the teams we play have genious coaches that know exactly what changes we will be making.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #31
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
I think it will be at season's end......... unfortunately.
Ditto
Old 11-16-2008   #32
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire him NOW! What the hell is the organization waiting for? Do they think it will set the defense back in some kind of way? Hellllooooo, the defense already blows. It can't get any worse than it already is. Why should us Texans fans have to suffer through the rest of the season watching our inept defensive schemes. The guy doesn't know the meaning of a halftime adjustment. That is what kills the Texans more than anything. The coaches go in at halftime and fail to make adjustments. We saw it this week, last week, and I can't recall how many other weeks. Fire him now, Today - Why wait? The defense isn't going to get any better if he stays.
Old 11-16-2008   #33
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

he doesn't have players
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I saw Dick Smiths nose up Kubes a** today.

When we play the prevent @ the end of halves & games I wish Mr. McNair would come down from his suite & kick both of them in the balls.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read