Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-15-2008   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texas vs. Kansas

Is anyone watching?

Is anyone bleeding from the ears from the color commentator?

MY GOD he's awful!

"He's a pepper pot."
"That's a double-dip ice cream cone!"

Anyway - is the Kansas QB supposed to be good? Because he looks like a high school kid out there. He's terrible. At least in this game.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas vs. Kansas

Oh right - the game. Texas is running away with it... it's one of those games where the score is only just now getting out of hand - but it never seemed close.

Kind of like the Ravens/Texans game... and the Vikings/Texans game...

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-15-2008   #3
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Destruction
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Uh - I just realized I'm about 20 minutes behind on my DVR, so the game is probably actually over now, LOL.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-15-2008   #5
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Uh - I just realized I'm about 20 minutes behind on my DVR, so the game is probably actually over now, LOL.
It is almost over.1 minute to go.
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Crap. Well, my DVR melted down and didn't record the rest of the 4th quarter, so I missed the end, but it was 35-7 when it died so I guess I didn't miss much.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-15-2008   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Is anyone watching?

Is anyone bleeding from the ears from the color commentator?

MY GOD he's awful!

"He's a pepper pot."
"That's a double-dip ice cream cone!"

Anyway - is the Kansas QB supposed to be good? Because he looks like a high school kid out there. He's terrible. At least in this game.
I fell asleep watching it .... (with the sound OFF).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2008   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texas defense was outstanding in this game.

Held Kansas to 7 points, 305 yards, and only 4 yards per play on offense.

On the other side though, I still don't see why Fozzy Whittaker has a cult following among UT fans. He saw major action for pretty much the first time all year and he disappointed big time.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Reesing is a legit QB, not an NFL type, but a legit NCAA QB. He didn't have a great game, but he did have a good enough game. The Texas D-line was just too athletic for KU's O-line. Our rFR OT's just aren't ready to start in the Big XII, but they are. However, looking at this Texas team, there is no way they are good enough to win the NT. Not even close. I would be very, very, hesitant to get on that bandwagon. In fact, I'll probably be betting against UT if they even make it to the Big XII championship game.
Old 11-16-2008   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Reesing is a legit QB, not an NFL type, but a legit NCAA QB. He didn't have a great game, but he did have a good enough game. The Texas D-line was just too athletic for KU's O-line. Our rFR OT's just aren't ready to start in the Big XII, but they are. However, looking at this Texas team, there is no way they are good enough to win the NT. Not even close. I would be very, very, hesitant to get on that bandwagon. In fact, I'll probably be betting against UT if they even make it to the Big XII championship game.
Wouldn't they be playing the Mizzou team that they utterly destroyed earlier in the season?

I respect your opinion and for the most part, you play it pretty honest about KU even though you go there.

But this sounds like sour grapes. Our second string defense played nearly the entire 4th quarter, plus Orakpo played sparingly and we still pretty much dominated the game.

The only reason our offense was slow at the beginning was because (for unkown reasons) we started a scatback who can't block or run up the middle.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read