Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2008   #61
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suggestions on how to voice our displeasure without looking like a douchebag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
Here's some ideas....

Don't be this guy

LOL! Thats classic! I see them boys all the time here in Katy.
Old 11-14-2008   #62
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suggestions on how to voice our displeasure without looking like a douchebag?

Quote:
Here's some ideas....

Don't be this guy
The polo + cargo shorts combo is the ultimate douchebag attire
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #63
BuffaloglennTX
Rookie

Rep Power: 24 BuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
That is where I am at. I listened to Drayton (Astros Owner) on the radio a few years back. He said he doesn't mind the angry calls, letters, e-mails, people booing because it shows that they actually care. The problem comes when they don't boo, or call, or write. That means you have lost your fanbase and during the time at the Astrodome he knew he lost the fans.

To everyone "disgusted" with people booing or upset, why? Do you think fans should only make noise when they are happy? It should be a stadium full of people clapping and cheering and complete silence when things go wrong? I have seen people here lose touch with reality, but this is taking the cake. If someone pays their money to go to a game, they have the right to voice their displeasure. They have supported the team with that ticket purchase, but now you all are saying it is disrespectful to boo the team?

So is the rule, "Don't boo the Texans in the stadium, but go to Texanstalk.com and rip them a new one every week" or "Don't boo the team in the stadium, but rip them up in the post-game tailgate"?

My opinion in regards to the Monday Night game, if you want to make a sign about how bad the team is, go for it. If you want to wear a T-shirt saying Kubiak needs to go, then go for it. It isn't like that would be a revelation to anyone watching. It is not going to make the fans look like goof balls or anything. A sign or a T-shirt isn't going to determine if the Texans get another primetime game, wins and losses will determine that.

This entire "Protect the Hive" mindset I am reading really is surprising to me, but then again I guess we are seeing extremes in fandom now. Some who are clinging to the Texans as hard as they can and others who have become totally disgusted with the team.
My point is booing doesn't help. If you are at the game and want your team to win, do you think booing helps? Do you think that inspires them to play better or the coaches to make better decisions? Do you think they don't know you are frustrated when they don't play well if you don't boo? Every one has the right to boo if you paid your money (or someone who did pay the money gave you a ticket) but if it is a statement you are trying to make, make it after the game is over by not buying season tickets or spending all your money on $10 beers. Save the boos for cheering louder when your team is on defense. Booing is not a sign of "disrespect", not that I'm worried about being respectful, more of a sign that you have already quit. I don't quit.
BuffaloglennTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #64
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Best way to support the team is to support football in Houston on MNF.

Decked out and loud.

Show free agents that this is a great destination to come to.

Hopefully the team will be competitive over the next couple of weeks and for that game, or it will be a long time before we get another MNF or much of anything prime time.

Whoever the coaches end up being on the team, we need to put on a good show. To make TV want to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloglennTX View Post
My point is booing doesn't help. If you are at the game and want your team to win, do you think booing helps? Do you think that inspires them to play better or the coaches to make better decisions? Do you think they don't know you are frustrated when they don't play well if you don't boo? Every one has the right to boo if you paid your money (or someone who did pay the money gave you a ticket) but if it is a statement you are trying to make, make it after the game is over by not buying season tickets or spending all your money on $10 beers. Save the boos for cheering louder when your team is on defense. Booing is not a sign of "disrespect", not that I'm worried about being respectful, more of a sign that you have already quit. I don't quit.
I couldnt help booing after the 3rd pick/

I don't think Detroit is a place you want to emulate, and I am sure that McNair already knows that the fans are pissed.
I agree. Why would a FA come here when there is always 20,000 empty seats? Or people showing up at halftime?
Old 11-14-2008   #65
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I agree. Why would a FA come here when there is always 20,000 empty seats? Or people showing up at halftime?
For the same reason free agents go anywhere. More money.
Old 11-14-2008   #66
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
For the same reason free agents go anywhere. More money.
Unless they're the good one's that want to WIN while making more money.
Old 11-14-2008   #67
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloglennTX View Post
Booing is not a sign of "disrespect", not that I'm worried about being respectful, more of a sign that you have already quit. I don't quit.

Since when did booing start to mean that "you've already quit"? (this is definitely a John Stossel "gimme a break" piece in the making)

Ex: I boo the offense during the Colts game for going "into a shell" with FAR too much time remaining. I'm still on my feet (Bull Pen here) making as much noise as possible during the Defensive series following the offending "boo". Where exactly have I given up? In reality, I'm angry at the coaches for having "given up" in my mind...NOT the other way around.
Old 11-14-2008   #68
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Let me ask you this... would you be saying that I don't have enough passion because I'm not a fan of pulling a statement like that on national TV at this juncture in our short history. I'm just as upset as the next person but I believed that Kubiak was the answer. I believed that Schaub would take us to the next level. I genuinely believed that we were headed in the right direction up until now. I'm now starting to question our coaches and the direction that the team is headed in.

I'm more of an advocate of letting McNair know this rather than having it blasted all over national TV. McNair made a statement the other day that leads me to think that he's heard us and he's listening. The hot seat is growing hotter by the game now. If no major changes are made next season then maybe I'll be one of those joining in with TexansPride and his national statement.

I guess I'm saying... talk to the boss before you embarrass him on TV. Give him a shot to fix the problem. Just how long have we been clamoring for Kubiak's head here? Not really all that long.

To Vinny, I definitely think he's earned the right to state his displeasure. So have I. I'm just not ready to embarrass our organization by blasting them just yet. I need a little more time before I start to get really angry.

I would not. I am merely saying that the Houston Texans don't generate enough passion in enough people to make any sort of public display of anger or frustration (short of empty seats) likely to work.

On the subject of empty seats I'd like to say that empty seats are the lesser of the only two forms of protest that an NFL owner feels or will respond to. The greater is unsold tickets. Unsold tickets are like Kryptonite to NFL owners.
Old 11-14-2008   #69
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't you all think that Bob McNair and the coaches and the team know the fans are not happy! Do you think THEY are happy? If our QB can hold on to the ball and not throw it to the other team, we can win games. It's simple.

Making a spectacle of our city and our team on National TV is not going to help anything.

Think how motivating it will be if it is crazy like last year's Denver game, the night game on the NFL channel. Remember how fired up our team was???? those of us that were there remember the energy. That is what we need to portray.

Battle Red against the Jaguars will be a win for the Texans. Save all the negative stuff for another time when we are not on TV.

Let's work on "righting the ship" not sinking it further.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #70
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
The polo + cargo shorts combo is the ultimate douchebag attire
I wear polo shirts and cargo shorts all the time. They're comfortable and look good.

Of course I don't do any of the silly crap this clown in the picture does but still. The Polo shirt is what it is. Classic.
Old 11-14-2008   #71
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I wear polo shirts and cargo shorts all the time. They're comfortable and look good.

Of course I don't do any of the silly crap this clown in the picture does but still. The Polo shirt is what it is. Classic.
So do I. As as matter of fact, that's what I'm wearing right now at the office. My shorts are even Polo.
Old 11-14-2008   #72
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I only wear cargos when I need to bring a flask to the movies.
Old 11-14-2008   #73
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Your tolerance for shitty football is more than what 99% of even the diehards can stomach. Just to remind you the last time the city of Houston had a NFL team in the playoffs was more than FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. To put that in perspective, I am 33 going on 34 years old. I have been out of law school for 7 years now and have a career. The last time Houston was in the playoffs I was a FRESHMAN IN COLLEGE. We have fans in their early 20s who have never seen a winning team in this town much less a playoff team.

Yeah iam 23 so i dont really remember the oilers or cared for them

To mean its just been 6 years with my texans and iam just gald we got a team
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #74
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's some ideas....

Don't be this guy
WTF is a live strong bracelet LOL

i must not be hip
Old 11-14-2008   #75
Norg
Hall of Fame

We can get pretty loud when the roof is close its to bad its going to be broken all season
Old 11-15-2008   #76
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
We can get pretty loud when the roof is close its to bad its going to be broken all season
Now that's irony.. we've been screaming for open roof since we got the stadium.. now its too bad its going to be open? lol why not leave it half open and call it a day.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008   #77
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't make much noise at the games.......silence is scary.
Dude, you're scaring me.
Old 11-15-2008   #78
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i must not be hip
Lance Armstrong Foundation......I wouldn't consider it douchery, but throw in the pink polo popped up and the "stupid ass grin" and it wouldn't matter what else you have on.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008   #79
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i must not be hip
It is not cool to wear one
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #80
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Best way to voice your opinion at the game?

Don't say anything at all. Well, you know, just be very tame i.e. make the seat attendants totally happy. Don't stand and don't cheer just like they want you to. Something good happens? Just notice it and go...hmm, that was cool. An extremely tame, 3/4 full stadium on MNF would be opinion enough, it would just be hard to get everyone to play along because so many care about the team.

It also might cause them to turn up the speakers, so bring some ear plugs. I wish they would turn them down anyway...or maybe just not fill every second in the stadium by blasting Clay F'ing Walker 30,000 more times. Or the band that plays way too loud right next to the concessions at halftime. What a dumb idea that was...

Im sorry, but this is the worst idea ever. How lame and boring would it be to go to a football game and this happen! Not to mention MNF! I actually think the speakers are not loud enough but maybe that is because my hearing is already bad.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read