Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2008   #21
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suggestions on how to voice our displeasure without looking like a douchebag?

I don't know what the guys could do, but for the beautiful Texan women.. you could wear a shirt that says "f*ck the *insert phrase or coach* " instead of f*ck the Eagles and get a spread in maxim

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suggestions on how to voice our displeasure without looking like a douchebag?

How about a sign that says

Greir sucks rear

Fire the the Hokey pokey

& Take tricky Dick Smith with you
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #23
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't spend money on the team

Don't buy tickets
Don't buy merch

The comapny I work for sells tickets and by the trends we are seeing, if the Texans keep dropping a deuce on the field every week the "sell out" streak will come to an end.

It will be a pretty good time to buy cheap season tickets though
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #24
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if you could get a Tshirt made that has the toro logo upside down and "Sigh..." in the Texans font written along the top.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #25
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
I wonder if you could get a Tshirt made that has the toro logo upside down and "Sigh..." in the Texans font written along the top.
maybe we could borrow?

Old 11-13-2008   #26
Wolf
100% Texan

just brainstorming here

how about ???

Richard smith defense
Old 11-13-2008   #27
Wolf
100% Texan

or Richard Smith defense

snuggly soft!!!
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2008   #28
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How about a sign that says

Greir sucks rear

Fire the the Hokey pokey

& Take tricky Dick Smith with you
Nice.

Something witty like that would be good. I also liked the posts with the images of Richard Smith's defense being snuggly soft. The whole reason I posted this thread is to gauge the thoughts of fellow Texans fans.

Again, I am not trying to embarrass myself or cause a scene but I think an expression of our frustration is warranted. The problem is the potential of looking like a douchebag or jerk is great.

Thinking about it, if we suck again, raining the field with loud boos would probably be noticed more and commented upon than wearing a T-shirt or bringing in a sign. I wish it would have never have come to this. However, if Rosenfels has another TO party and Kubiak continues with horrid time management I would hope I wouldn't be the only one in my section getting up and booing the hell out of the team.

In short, if we suck on MNF, I would hope our fans would respond with loud boos since getting anything organized with Houston fans is probably a hopeless cause.

The thing that kills me about the Texans is the lack of the sense of urgency. Richard Smith deserved to have been canned after his first year. I would think virtually every franchise would have canned him after next wear. Let's assume Kubiak is back another year. I don't think he is the guy to get where we want to be. If we fire him after next year we will be putting off getting to the playoffs for another 3 years. We can't wait that long.

Last edited by TexansFight; 11-13-2008 at 09:43 PM.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #29
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Nice.

Something witty like that would be good. I also liked the posts with the images of Richard Smith's defense being snuggly soft. The whole reason I posted this thread is to gauge the thoughts of fellow Texans fans.

Again, I am not trying to embarrass myself or cause a scene but I think an expression of our frustration is warranted. The problem is the potential of looking like a douchebag or jerk is great.

Thinking about it, if we suck again, raining the field with loud boos would probably be noticed more and commented upon than wearing a T-shirt or bringing in a sign. I wish it would have never have come to this. However, if Rosenfels has another TO party and Kubiak continues with horrid time management I would hope I wouldn't be the only one in my section getting up and booing the hell out of the team.

In short, if we suck on MNF, I would hope our fans would respond with loud boos since getting anything organized with Houston fans is probably a hopeless cause.
Yeah because Houston fans were so intelligent they were chanting "We want Sage" during the Miami game.

People are entitled to boo but I don't see the point. If it doesn't help and gives comfort to the opposing team, then I want nothing to do with it. It is traitorous behavior.

I'm sorry I can't get behind this. Any time I see a Texan *fan* with a bag on his head, I want to punch em. Give your ticket to someone who wants to be there.

All that booing and awful signs would mean is that free agents should steer clear of Houston. And the good players who remain should try to leave.

Teams need their fans the most when they are struggling. Anyone can be a fan when everything is sunshine.

McNair gets it. He's not stupid. But it isn't an easy call to make big changes with staff as the season is going on and without a bye week. It's not a no brainer.

This thread is dead to me.
Old 11-13-2008   #30
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Yeah because Houston fans were so intelligent they were chanting "We want Sage" during the Miami game.

People are entitled to boo but I don't see the point. If it doesn't help and gives comfort to the opposing team, then I want nothing to do with it. It is traitorous behavior.

I'm sorry I can't get behind this. Any time I see a Texan *fan* with a bag on his head, I want to punch em. Give your ticket to someone who wants to be there.

All that booing and awful signs would mean is that free agents should steer clear of Houston. And the good players who remain should try to leave.

Teams need their fans the most when they are struggling. Anyone can be a fan when everything is sunshine.

McNair gets it. He's not stupid. But it isn't an easy call to make big changes with staff as the season is going on and without a bye week. It's not a no brainer.

This thread is dead to me.
Booing is the only visible thing that we fans can to express our displeasure while at a game. When I boo, I am not in any way trying to aid the other team but rather to make it known that what's going on the field is unacceptable. If there is a lot of booing because of continued horrid play that might finally spur a sense of urgency. Who knows, its not like we have any real say unfortunately.

Free agents don't want to come here because we suck not because we have a disgruntled fan base. If an angry fan base was a huge factor in determining where free agents go, then Philadelphia would never land free agents since they are extremely quick on the trigger with boos despite having a good deal for close to a decade now. They have been able to attract Asante Samuel and other free agents since they have been a playoff team for close to 10 straight seasons and because their organization is considered to be amongst the best in football. It doesn't hurt that Jim Johnson is considered amongst the best DC in the NFL.

Believe me, fans booing crappy play will not change the perception of this town. Houston is perceived (rightfully) to have a soft sports media and a very forgiving fan base.

Have you truly seen any Texans fans wearing paper bags already. I haven't seen that yet and I generally get to the stadium early and walk the concourse.

Last edited by TexansFight; 11-13-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2008   #31
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Would security toss you out if you sat on the front row behind the Texans bench and constantly yelled at Sage that he is a completely worthless bum?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

FA's go where the money is the greenest.

Mr.McNair needs to show Hanesworth & Gamble the money. No more reeves & C. Browns

We finally have cap money

The Jets showed the money (Faneca, Favre, Jenkins) & they are about to be 7-3.

It has to be a combination of FA + draft.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #33
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

if Mcnair thinks he is doing whats right for the team then no amount of booing is gonna change his mind. the only way to get him to listen would be not showing up at all. then eventually he has to listen whether he wants to or not.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #34
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
if Mcnair thinks he is doing whats right for the team then no amount of booing is gonna change his mind. the only way to get him to listen would be not showing up at all. then eventually he has to listen whether he wants to or not.
I don't know, but empty seats dont' mean much (in my mind and they are already paid for) season tickets mean much more
Old 11-13-2008   #35
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I don't know, but empty seats dont' mean much (in my mind and they are already paid for) season tickets mean much more
season tickets may not even have much of an impact. If ticket brokers stop buying massive chunks of seats, the coveted "sell outs" will go by bye. If the resale market tanks (and it has) then things will really start to add up
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #36
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

iam not to concerned with our team every year we are mostly middle of the pack or king of the losers ranking

at least we havent sucked for decades like some teams

now if we go 15 years and still havent gotten to the playoffs or win a superbowl then i will worry
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #37
TexansFight
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
iam not to concerned with our team every year we are mostly middle of the pack or king of the losers ranking

at least we havent sucked for decades like some teams

now if we go 15 years and still havent gotten to the playoffs or win a superbowl then i will worry
Your tolerance for shitty football is more than what 99% of even the diehards can stomach. Just to remind you the last time the city of Houston had a NFL team in the playoffs was more than FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. To put that in perspective, I am 33 going on 34 years old. I have been out of law school for 7 years now and have a career. The last time Houston was in the playoffs I was a FRESHMAN IN COLLEGE. We have fans in their early 20s who have never seen a winning team in this town much less a playoff team.
Old 11-14-2008   #38
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Best way to voice your opinion at the game?

Don't say anything at all. Well, you know, just be very tame i.e. make the seat attendants totally happy. Don't stand and don't cheer just like they want you to. Something good happens? Just notice it and go...hmm, that was cool. An extremely tame, 3/4 full stadium on MNF would be opinion enough, it would just be hard to get everyone to play along because so many care about the team.

It also might cause them to turn up the speakers, so bring some ear plugs. I wish they would turn them down anyway...or maybe just not fill every second in the stadium by blasting Clay F'ing Walker 30,000 more times. Or the band that plays way too loud right next to the concessions at halftime. What a dumb idea that was...
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #39
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Or the band that plays way too loud right next to the concessions at halftime.
If you want to be heard but still go to the game, don't buy consessions and gear. It would take a concerted effort by 15% of the crowd or more, but that would be felt.

It is unlikely to happen though, because if a person is at the game, those beers, food, etc. are a big part of the experience.
Old 11-14-2008   #40
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Yeah, by trying to band together a group of fans into wearing shirts that show his displeasure for the Houston Texans on Monday Night Football. At least, that is how I understood his post to mean?
Can I wear a "got Cassel?" t-shirt? He's a free agent after this season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read