Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-13-2008   #1
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Opinions on Shonn Green?

The JR RB from Iowa. He is having a monster season and has the body to be an NFL player. Good drive and ability to get positive yards every time. He breaks a lot of arm tackles. Rumored to run around 4.45 at his size, and that is pretty legit. Clearly the reason Penn St. won't be playing for the National Title; even more of an accomplishment considering it's Iowa, and they simply don't have a passing attack to speak of really.

Now, he is only a JR, but quite a few "experts" are saying is a real possibility to enter this year because of academic concerns (I believe he was ineligible last year).

I like the guy as a compliment to Slaton (Green would likely get the most carries simply for his size/style).

Thoughts? Opinions? Concerns? Projections?

Draft talk...GO!
Old 11-13-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Opinions on Shown Green?

Its spelled Shonn. Don't ask me why.

I love him. I think he is the real deal.

IMO, he is easily better than Javon Ringer. Would be getting Heisman talk if he was on a better team.

He is the only running back in the country with at least 100 rushing yards in every game this season.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #3
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 606 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
The JR RB from Iowa. He is having a monster season and has the body to be an NFL player. Good drive and ability to get positive yards every time. He breaks a lot of arm tackles. Rumored to run around 4.45 at his size, and that is pretty legit. Clearly the reason Penn St. won't be playing for the National Title; even more of an accomplishment considering it's Iowa, and they simply don't have a passing attack to speak of really.

Now, he is only a JR, but quite a few "experts" are saying is a real possibility to enter this year because of academic concerns (I believe he was ineligible last year).

I like the guy as a compliment to Slaton (Green would likely get the most carries simply for his size/style).

Draft talk...GO!

I would love for us to snag him. He is the total package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yPN0Oa2YqM
Old 11-13-2008   #4
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 606 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Its spelled Shonn. Don't ask me why.

I love him. I think he is the real deal.

IMO, he is easily better than Javon Ringer. Would be getting Heisman talk if he was on a better team.

He is the only running back in the country with at least 100 rushing yards in every game this season.
Yeah it's actually Shonn Greene. With and "E" on the end. Dude is sick.
Old 11-13-2008   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Another Big Ten guy to watch out for in the draft is Tyrell Sutton (Northwestern). Unfortunately, He got injured against Indiana and is out for the rest of the year.

I've seen him play since he was a true freshman and he has always impressed me.

I would say he is similar to Slaton and Bush.

He doesn't have the same power that Slaton does but he is still an effective runner in between the tackles despite being only 5-9, 190.

He doesn't have the same speed and agility that Bush does but he is still very quick and has great great hands out of the backfield.
Old 11-13-2008   #6
headsplint
All Pro

Quote:
Another Big Ten guy to watch out for in the draft is Tyrell Sutton (Northwestern). Unfortunately, He got injured against Indiana and is out for the rest of the year.

I've seen him play since he was a true freshman and he has always impressed me.

I would say he is similar to Slaton and Bush.

He doesn't have the same power that Slaton does but he is still an effective runner in between the tackles despite being only 5-9, 190.

He doesn't have the same speed and agility that Bush does but he is still very quick and has great great hands out of the backfield.

Yeah he is shifty, I think for the Texans though Slaton is the finesse guy, we need a bruiser like Greene. He's the ideal NFL back A La Mario Barber, although he seems fasetr than Barber. Not sure what MB's 40 time was, anyway Greene likes contact like him and that's what I would love to see on this team.
Old 11-13-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Yeah he is shifty, I think for the Texans though Slaton is the finesse guy, we need a bruiser like Greene. He's the ideal NFL back A La Mario Barber, although he seems fasetr than Barber. Not sure what MB's 40 time was, anyway Greene likes contact like him and that's what I would love to see on this team.
No doubt at all.

Sutton is not the right guy for the Texans.

I was just pimpin my guy.
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2008   #8
headsplint
All Pro

Quote:
No doubt at all.

Sutton is not the right guy for the Texans.

I was just pimpin my guy.
Word. Got ya.
Old 11-13-2008   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Consider me impressed. Is good at changing direction, is quick and tough to bring down. Arm tackles won't get him. He's surprisingly elusive for a big guy. That run at the 1:50ish mark was just plain nasty.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks pretty good to me, too. He's a bruiser for sure
Luckily he doesn't have blazing speed, so maybe he won't be a top 10 pick. He looks like a mid to late 1st, early 2nd kind of guy
Old 11-13-2008   #11
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

He was delivering furniture a year ago...fact! They had a "Greene Out" for him, and if it weren't for him Iowa would have never been around to win that game. I like him in the 2nd preferably the 3rd if he falls that far. I am thinking Terrance Cody from Bama would be a great addition in Round 1, but I know we need another DE, but jeez that guy is a beast and would free up some blockers and stuff the run, GL Okam + Cody!
Old 11-13-2008   #12
headsplint
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
He was delivering furniture a year ago...fact! They had a "Greene Out" for him, and if it weren't for him Iowa would have never been around to win that game. I like him in the 2nd preferably the 3rd if he falls that far. I am thinking Terrance Cody from Bama would be a great addition in Round 1, but I know we need another DE, but jeez that guy is a beast and would free up some blockers and stuff the run, GL Okam + Cody!
Yeah getting him in the 2nd would be great, I just don't know how many teams could pass this guy up in the 2nd. I'm not sure he would fall to the 3rd although considering how many teams went RB early last draft maybe he would drop. Depending on who all declares I think this draft is gonna be a feeding frenzy on QB's. Of course not us in the first couple of rounds so we would have a legitimate shot if they chose to go that route.

What's crazy is just how good this rookie class of RB's are. And it all seems to be the quick shifty guys who are doing well.
Old 11-13-2008   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry for the mis-spell. I should probably take the extra few seconds to google his name. I just remember him having an "o" in his name. Weird.

Mods, change the title please?
Old 11-14-2008   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sorry for the mis-spell. I should probably take the extra few seconds to google his name. I just remember him having an "o" in his name. Weird.

Mods, change the title please?
Like anyone would expect it to be spelled the way it is...

No harm done.
Old 11-14-2008   #15
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The JR RB from Iowa.

Draft talk...GO!
Nice find. This kid is the kind of back I have been trying to get on the Texans. Big back with speed and a little wiggle to boot. I like the highlights I saw better then Bennie Wells highlights.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #16
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

5'11" 235lbs. Perfect compliment to Slaton.

Sign me up.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #17
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I've traveled down to watch Iowa play a few times since my school (Cornell College) is 30 minutes away.

Suffice to say, if we paired Shonn Greene with Slaton I think the pieces would be in place for me to finally cream my pants again next season...
Old 11-14-2008   #18
headsplint
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I've traveled down to watch Iowa play a few times since my school (Cornell College) is 30 minutes away.

Suffice to say, if we paired Shonn Greene with Slaton I think the pieces would be in place for me to finally cream my pants again next season...
Ewwwww. But i'd be right there as well.
Old 11-16-2008   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Over 200 yards and 2 TD's for Greene as he single-handedly carried Iowa past Purdue.

He is top 5 on my Heisman list for sure.
Old 11-16-2008   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Opinions on Shonn Green?

I wish Iowa would be on local TV more, a friend of mine is redshirting his freshman season there.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read