Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2005   #21
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda
expectations...thats what its all about.

ever since the game 2-3 posters have been in here feverishly expressing their disgust in the texans. what i have yet to hear any of them say was what would have made them content. and what kind of record did you see us having at the begining of the season.

dont make me do some thread surfing to find your preseason win/loss expectations. if i need to i'll make a brand new thread dedicated to you guys.
I predicted a 9-7 season but would have been happy with 7-9 if they could have beaten a good team and\or played consistent football. They underachieved in my opinion and I am disgusted with their overall performance this year.

I'm sure that your blind appreciation and myopic attitude is appreciated by the organization. The team needs fans like you, unfortunately I will continue to question every aspect of the organization until I feel that they have performed to their capabilities.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #22
Westside
Rookie

7-9 was all I expected them to do this season. Was pleased to see them beat the Titans and the Jags twice this season but at the same time was disappointed that they couldn't beat the Colts once! Tough losses to GB & Minn were also hard to take...but give them credit for not quitting against the Vikings. As a season ticket holder I was really bothered by the offensive line play this year, especially this afternoon but at the same time I had a great time watching Dunta & Jason improve throught the season. Love going to the games...better than watching the Cowboys on TV anyday. Can understand that people had some pretty high expectations for this team, especially after last season but the reality is that this is just an average team at best right now! Perhaps they will get over the hump next year but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it! Looking forward to the draft and free agent market and am getting ready to pony up for my season tickets for next year!

Go Texans!!!!!!!
Westside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #23
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want to look at an organization that worries about the fans with every decision and lets fans opinions control their actions look on the other side of the field. Did they outplay the Texans today? Yep. Are they a better team? Are they a better organization? Are they going to have more long term success? Nope.

Casserly, McNair, Capers, and company are smart enough to avoid the pitfalls of knee jerk reactions. They realize this isn't a great team yet. They aren't even a good team yet. They are a growing team that is playing it smart and will be a model for how to start a franchise.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
I predicted a 9-7 season but would have been happy with 7-9 if they could have beaten a good team and\or played consistent football. They underachieved in my opinion and I am disgusted with their overall performance this year.

I'm sure that your blind appreciation and myopic attitude is appreciated by the organization. The team needs fans like you, unfortunately I will continue to question every aspect of the organization until I feel that they have performed to their capabilities.
did they underacheive or was it the fact that teams took us seriously and played us as an nfl team instead of an expansion team?
see what happens when we took a team lightly (browns)

personally, I think when teams took us as an NFL team and frankly we weren't ready..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #25
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Biped
The only level of "improvement" that the Texans have had the past 2 seasons can only be attributed to the increase in talent and depth on the team, not the system actually working. Losing is losing. By 1 point or 40 points, 12 games a year or 9 games a year. It is well below what they are capable of and has always been. A good coach gets the best out of his players not just a respectable effort. Its the NFL where fans pay $40+ a ticket to watch a game, not peewee football, where your parents are proud of you for trying. There is nothing wrong with fans demanding more than what we have gotten so far.

capers and palmer have had there system in place for a while. beside's a few tweaks they are not trying to improve it. they are trying to get the players in place that can run it correctly.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #26
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

look where we are, are are much better built than the browns were in year three. yes they made the playoffs but the AFC wasn't as tough then.

I dont understand what the complaints are about, we are building a team with a core of players that should keep us competitve for many years. regardless of who coaches.

right now our team has enough young talent on both sides of the ball, with significant playing time experience, as well as players entrenched in our system and getting more comfortable. I think we are where the panthers were the year before they made their superbowl run, not to say that we are superbowl bound next year, but just that we should be compeititve down to the last couple of weeks.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #27
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all about expectations - had we lost last week (as was expected), but
won this week (as was expected), we'd still be 7-9 but everyone would be happy. But by winning last week expectations were elevated and now many are pis$sed off, even though we still ended 7-9.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2005   #28
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
It's all about expectations - had we lost last week (as was expected), but
won this week (as was expected), we'd still be 7-9 but everyone would be happy. But by winning last week expectations were elevated and now many are pis$sed off, even though we still ended 7-9.
AJ stated it best.. If we would have won one more game coming into this week and then lost this.. people would still gripe that we missed the playoffs.. and frankly we would get kicked in the playoffs..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #29
The Wal-Mart
Rookie

People are frustrated because the quality of our wins don't match up to our losses. We were flat out embarassed by Denver and Indianapolis. Drew Brees and Antonio Gates picked us apart. We made Joey Harrington look like John Elway and Roy Williams made Aaron Glenn look old and incompetent. We had Green Bay but then decided to play conservative offense the entire second half. Indianapolis part 2 we were playing the clock when we didn't even have the lead. The Minnesota game was a heartbreaker but we played hard and put up a good fight, no shame there. Couldn't stop the run against the Jets and today's game was shocking to say the least. The score was 9-7 at halftime, if the Texans were underestimating the Browns Dom Capers should have woken them up at the break. We had good quality wins against the Titans and Jags. Quality meaning we upset teams who were supposed to beat us and played hard on both sides of the ball. Against KC had it not been for Coleman's int for a td we would have lost, Kerry Collins played horrible in Oakland just tossing up lobs and everybody beats the Bears. The bottom line, the point of all this is that it's not the record. I'm happy with 7-9, but I'm furious at the way we got there. If you've seen every game this season you know what I mean. A stagnant offense, 3 and outs, failure to capitilize on turnovers (except for KC), drives that end in field goals, horrendous playcalling, can't stop the pass, can't pressure the QB, failure to stop opponents on crucial third downs, not playing or using the talent available. That's been the theme of this season. Last year we were injury plagued, first year was the franchise year, this year we seem to be having an identity crisis. Hell, I'll be happy with a 6-10 record next season if we play hard, play to win and keep games close.
The Wal-Mart is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read