Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cards Niners

If only we could make Tony Kornheiser stop speaking. I don't even hate him on PTI, but MY GOD he's atrocious on MNF.

Also - more Wildcat in this game - from both teams.

By my count, this year we've seen all these teams use the Wildcat/Single Wing:
Miami
Baltimore
Philadelphia
San Fran
Arizona
San Diego

That's just from seeing highlights around the league, so I'm sure there are tons more.

I'm watching the game in Spanish. I can't understand most of what they say, but it's more entertaining.

Instead of "Warner throws deep, touchdown to Anquan Boldin. What happened, the coverage was non existant"

It's "Warner...BOLDIN....TOOOOUUUUCH DOOOOWWWWN"

Lots of hugging from Singletary. One week he's throwing guys out and dropping his pants - next... hugs.

Still - I like him.

Shaun Hill doing his best Sage impersonation is gonna kill what was looking like a very promising game for the Niners. There are a lot of similarities between the niners and us but a lot of those got eliminated when Singletary decided to get a hold of Martz.

I'm impressed with the refs calling this game.

Instead of being like baseball umpires, they actually get together after penalties and if it was a bad call get this......they overturn it instead of calling it anyway.

Damn, going down to the wire!

Lots of air under Shaun Hill's passes. I half expect a pick six every time he throws a sideline route.

Wow that was about the worst call I could have imagined in that situation. Awful, awful call.

What the hell was that - a DIVE at the 2.5 yard line??? With a RB OTHER than Frank Gore??

Terrible.

They are who we thought they were! That's why we took the damned field. And we let 'em off the hook! If you wanna crown 'em, then crown their ass!

Should have spiked it to stop the clock.

Then they would have had time to come up with a better play.

Interviewer: ".... where does your mind go?"

Kurt Warner: "It goes to how awesome God is."

LOLOLOLOL - classic!
I don't know why anyone interviews Kurt Warner anymore. It's either "God is great, He is awesome," or "through the grace of God, I'll get through this, we'll get through this."

Seriously - HOW does MICHAEL ROBINSON get that carry?

And why does he dive from the freaking 2.5 yard line?

That was a PUTRID play call. Just putrid.

Well yeah - but as small of a difference as it seems, a 1.5 yard run is different from a 2.5 yard run... he treated that like he was on the 1 or 1.5. Just really weird.

But yeah, you're right - he is their short yardage guy.

Michael Robinson is their short yardage back if I'm not mistaken.

Frank Gore gets all the carries down there before this. I know because I have Frankie on two Fantasy leagues. Robinson had carried the ball four times the whole year before this. Really a weird call. That's like Ryan Moats getting the ball on a last play of the game for the Texans.

I know for sure that Robinson got lots of goal line carries all last season... I guess not as many this year.

But - it wasn't the player that I think is so weird about it - it's the fact that he dove from so far out.

And now Kurt Warner is whining about how the NFL isn't fair. This guy had plenty of chances after his time in St Louis to be a starter. WAAAHHH!!! Stop crying, you just won a MNF game and your team is 6-3.

Seriously - HOW does MICHAEL ROBINSON get that carry?

And why does he dive from the freaking 2.5 yard line?

That was a PUTRID play call. Just putrid.

He dove because there was a Cardinal at his feet when he got the ball. It was do or die.

One thing I wanted to point out is that after the game was over the announcing crew were asking why they didnt pass it and give the QB some options.

This strikes me as a typical MMQB move second guessing the coach's play calling. Had they thrown the ball and not connected they would have been crucified with the announcing crew saying they should have ran the ball in from the 2 yard line.

Personally I think that the best call would have been to play action waggle out to a TE like Vernon Davis or whomever.

The Cardinals have a decent defense with Darnell Dockett in the middle and some big boy linebackers.

He dove because there was a Cardinal at his feet when he got the ball. It was do or die.

One thing I wanted to point out is that after the game was over the announcing crew were asking why they didnt pass it and give the QB some options.

This strikes me as a typical MMQB move second guessing the coach's play calling. Had they thrown the ball and not connected they would have been crucified with the announcing crew saying they should have ran the ball in from the 2 yard line.

Personally I think that the best call would have been to play action waggle out to a TE like Vernon Davis or whomever.

The Cardinals have a decent defense with Darnell Dockett in the middle and some big boy linebackers.

I don't even have a problem with them calling a run - but not THAT run... that was just not a good call, and that's not retrospect. Had they scored I would have said "that was a ballsy call, they were lucky to get it."

Emmitt:

"What Mike brings to the table is passion and comittment to the game and you can't dispute that at all, he wears it on his chest."

"It takes more than just heart and brain and... and uh brawns to go out here and win the game, you have to bring your brain to the table."

Put me down as one who thought before the play (or as it was becoming obvious what the Niners were doing) it was a boneheaded call. Pure and simple. Wrong play used in the wrong way with the wrong guy.

aaaaaaaaaaand - Singletary just threw Mike Martz under the bus for the final play call.

I stopped watching after the game, there's no way that was a Martz call is there? Either way that was bad. The first run I'm all for but that last one from 2.5 yards out? Still can't believe they got in position to win that game.

Back