Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2005   #61
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think were booing Carr for some decisions he was making, but I also think the fans were getting frustrated.
The boos were unmistakeably and vehemently directed at Carr (the player) as he walked back on the field to try and salvage what he could from the disaster. The boos weren't directed at a failed play or a play call. They were directed at him. He's part of a bigger issue with the offense but he will naturally catch all the flak because he is the QB and a signature player of the franchise. People can boo all they want, but "great" fans don't kick their own when they're down in my opinion. But at least it shows they care, I guess.

Last edited by aj.; 01-03-2005 at 08:36 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #62
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

All I have to say after watching the tape of the game, the oline protected Carr on the first scoring drive and lo and behold he completed passes after that they really didn't give him time to throw. It's hard to complete passes when you don't have time to throw. Anyone who thinks this is on David Carr is just wrong and ignorant. Booing Carr is pathetic, the oline should be bood!!!!!!!! David has my respect the way he handled the situation. Pastorini and Moon have been bood in this town only to have the same people cheer for them later in their careers. Carr will be a great QB, just wait and see! Next year if we improve th line he will show you!
Old 01-03-2005   #63
MichaelMC
Rookie

Default It is the O-Line that is the problem

If we had a more energized coach, he would have lined all of the o-line players up in the locker room at the half and told them all as it stands righ now you are all fired as of tonight, have a great second half.
MichaelMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #64
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Gal 312
....Banks dumped it off to Davis for 5 yards. DD turned it into a 17 yard gain.
Dumping off to Davis is one of the biggest complaints on this board.
Yeah, I'm not so much saying who was passed to - I'm more talking about the 3 step drop and step up vs. the 5 step drop and head to the side. Though, it's hard to step up when your have a turnstyle and revolving door in front of you.

MichaelMC - interesting you brought that up... reminds me of what was seen on the sideline... I didn't see any kind of discussion among the offensive players till just before the last series when they huddled up on the sideline with the coach talking to them. Other than that, Carr was sitting on the table, some of the O-line was on one bench, McKinney siting by the kickers, recievers sitting on another bench... Is that something typical? (General question not, just for Mike.)

Last edited by OzzO; 01-03-2005 at 09:17 AM.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #65
NeViKaN
Rookie

I was at the game. Carr had no business being boo’d. The line was horrible. I usually dislike the play calling but how can you bash that. When you can’t even take a 1 ˝ step drop then the line is the only unit deserving of the boos.
NeViKaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #66
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, the offensive line stinks, but Carr has no pocket presence and could have avoided a lot of the sacks yesterday. I saw some highlights of the game from a sky-cam angle behind the line of scrimmage. On all 4 he could have stepped up in the pocket but chose to scramble right.

The guy gets rattled too easily for some reason. He is just not ready to be a great QB, plain and simple.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #67
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

the "trust" factor shows between Carr and the OL.. Carr has none (and rightfully so) with his OL..so he runs instead of stepping up around "his" guys
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2005   #68
Demon
Rookie

My take: the fans who stayed probably had been drinking, very disappointed and the only way to show that is to boo whomever. The QB is always the main focus and thus David was the target. Houston worships this young man and I don't see any long-term damage done here. Next season, say we win 9 and get a wild card, no one will even remember this flop of a game. Let' stay focused: Go Texans! Our team! No. 1 now and forever

David gives it his all - but gets sacked SIX times. OL - heal thyself!
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #69
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon
David gives it his all - but gets sacked SIX times. OL - heal thyself!
I don't doubt his effort, but most of the sacks were his fault. He played very poorly yesterday.
Old 01-03-2005   #70
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

You know, I've been a fan of the Oilers/Texans for all the heartbreaking years, and as manny 4-12 and 3-13 seasons I have never booed my team. Houston fans are really bad loosers, and you would think that we should know how to loose gracefully. The fans in Houston seem to do what the media does. When the team does something good, it's always the Texans this the Texans that, but let them loose and it's Carr or the O-line, or the special teams, or the water boy spiked the gatorade cause he is from Jacksonville. No thats the wrong answer. It was a team game, so it's a team loss. The only bright spot was DD. I have this saying I made up. It goes like this: If your riding in a horse and carriage and the wheel breaks are you gonna shoot the horse? Well to many Houston fans are ready to shoot the horse, just ask Warren Moon he was booed for several years, and given death threats, but let him hit his wife and all of a sudden Houston embraces him. Now I loved Moon, but isn't that a little backwards? Just ranting at rants I guess!

God!
Family!
Country!
Texans!
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #71
NeViKaN
Rookie

[quote=the wonger need food]Carr has no pocket presence and could have avoided a lot of the sacks yesterday. I saw some highlights of the game from a sky-cam angle behind the line of scrimmage. On all 4 he could have stepped up in the pocket but chose to scramble right.
QUOTE]

Ok lets think...........ok do you remember the play that he got hurt on.....yea the one he stepped up in the pocket and got drilled. seems running is the best thing. now I have noticed since the chicago game that he always moves right? strange?
Old 01-03-2005   #72
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeViKaN
Ok lets think...........ok do you remember the play that he got hurt on.....yea the one he stepped up in the pocket and got drilled. seems running is the best thing. now I have noticed since the chicago game that he always moves right? strange?
The last sack was the exception.
Old 01-03-2005   #73
Demon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
I don't doubt his effort, but most of the sacks were his fault. He played very poorly yesterday.
Yes. David had a bad day. Thank goodness he has had marvelous days as well. Again, this is a blip on the big radar screen. We are disappointed, but next year, and we will play the fourth year in the NFL, good things are going to happen. 4 wins 5 wins 7 wins ... 9 or 10 next year? I'm an eternal optimist, I think.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #74
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, the offensive line stinks, but Carr has no pocket presence and could have avoided a lot of the sacks yesterday. I saw some highlights of the game from a sky-cam angle behind the line of scrimmage. On all 4 he could have stepped up in the pocket but chose to scramble right.

The guy gets rattled too easily for some reason. He is just not ready to be a great QB, plain and simple.

So, you seem to have a boner for Carr, but just exactly how would you solve the problems of the team?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #75
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 18 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

Pretty good thread.

For the most part, Houston fans are regarded as being classy and who are known for their football knowledge. IMO, those boos showed the complete opposite. Sure the fans are frustrated and caught up in the heat of the moment, and they've been drinking, but any knowledgeable fan understands it's the O-line that needs to get the boos.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #76
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was disappointed with the booing also! NFL fans in general are very brutal! Our expectations were very high yesterday, and Capers laid a bomb on us from the very beginning. Midfield, 4-1, against a crappy Brown's team, and he punts. I could just feel the mood change! Everyone was so upbeat, excited, optimistic, and then BAM he throws another one of his conservative calls at us. I could just sense the anger and frustration from so many of the fans after that call. I believe everyone was just hoping our coaching staff would let the entire team play for the fans, after all, it was fan appreciation day. I don't know what they were trying to prove, the coaches, but, all they did was tick everyone off just a little more. We had nothing to lose by allowing David an opportunity to open up his game, throw some long balls, try some new stuff, anything to make the game exciting. All we got was another crappy called game! TWO completed passes to a pro-bowler! That stinks!! If you want to BOOOOOOO anyone, boo the coaches, not David Carr. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism, when criticism is due, but, he didn't deserve it yesterday. JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #77
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
allowing David an opportunity to open up his game, throw some long balls,

What ? Did you want to see David killed ?
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #78
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Without reading all this- I think it's your right to boo. But why boo Carr? Not like it was his fault?!?!?!

If you're gonna' boo, boo the play calling, pass protection, etc, etc.

My
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #79
NeViKaN
Rookie

Quote:
The last sack was the exception.
Not exactly. He got flushed from the inside by crossing stunts or and outside to inside move by the right end. I guess that is why I agreed that he should have moved to the left. But either way the presure came from the inside much of the time.
Old 01-03-2005   #80
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

The only people who should be booed on this ball club is the coaches....................... They are bad and that's all there is to it. This ball club is going nowhere until they leave. Qb gets sacked more than any other in the league again this season............................. What do you expect?
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read