Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2008   #41
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Future of Texans QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Id rather use OD and run the spread.
might as well.
Old 11-11-2008   #42
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

ray lewis should thank sage for this years trip to hawaii...that was a career saving game if i've ever seen one

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #43
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
colt mccoy
That trick font just slipped right by everyone.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #44
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they are too smart to burn their #1 on a QB. Maybe in the 2nd or 3rd if they think they can fast track him.

No one has said anything about Alex Brink. I wonder how much NFL potential Kubes thinks he really has.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #45
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

more than rohan davey, less than dave ragone?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #46
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Get rid of Sage - keep Matt and get someone who has never worn and will never wear #8. If Matt can't stay on the field - retire #8 forever.

I'd vote for Graham Harrell if that were even in the realm of possibility. Alas, too many other needs come first.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #47
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

So, Johnny Mac brought up some points today...

Quote:
...But here’s something else to consider: When general manager Rick Smith and coach Gary Kubiak get serious about the draft after the season, they may have to mull using their first-round pick on a quarterback.

Three things have transpired this season to make us believe the Texans may have to select a quarterback to groom to be the next starter — Matt Schaub’s injury, Sage Rosenfels’ contract and the success of rookies Joe Flacco (Baltimore) and Matt Ryan (Atlanta)....

...In two seasons, Schaub has been out of the lineup four times with a concussion, a shoulder injury that required surgery, a viral infection and the knee injury. The Texans would love for Schaub to stay healthy next season, but what are the odds of that happening based on what we’ve seen so far?

Schaub’s six-year, $48 million contract calls for a $10 million option bonus in March of 2010 if they want to keep him for the last three years of his deal.

If Schaub is healthy next season, continues to improve and the Texans win, of course, they’ll exercise that option. But if he’s injured for the third consecutive season, they may have to think long and hard before they guarantee him another $27.35 million.

In 2009, Rosenfels will be in the last year of his contract. With Schaub out, this is Rosenfels’ chance to prove he’s worthy of being a starter. He’s not off to a good start, of course, but he has more opportunities. Still, there’s a good chance he’ll leave as a free agent after next season.

If Schaub stays healthy next season and Rosenfels leaves, he’ll have to be replaced with a veteran unless they draft a quarterback in April. And we don’t mean using a seventh-round pick for one as they did this year with Alex Brink....
So, if I'm thinking the #3 option mentioned earlier happens - keep Matt, drop Sage, look in the draft... with other needs on the team, how late in the rounds do you think we can find our TRUE future QB (if there is one) to groom behind Matt next year and see if Matt is worthy of exercising the option for the future?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2008   #48
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can get Stafford, I say go for it. Otherwise, we need someone on defense.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #49
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
If we can get Stafford, I say go for it. Otherwise, we need someone on defense.
The Texans have a bad habit of need positions that suck in the draft

Need a DT? Well Glenn Dorsey and Cedric Ellis stay in school so you get AO

Need a QB? Well there are no good senior QBs in the 2009 draft

2010 will be a great QB draft though
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #50
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
The Texans have a bad habit of need positions that suck in the draft

Need a DT? Well Glenn Dorsey and Cedric Ellis stay in school so you get AO

Need a QB? Well there are no good senior QBs in the 2009 draft

2010 will be a great QB draft though
Who's coming out in '10? I am not a huge draft nut, so I don't really keep up until after the season.
Old 11-13-2008   #51
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Who's coming out in '10? I am not a huge draft nut, so I don't really keep up until after the season.
Pretty much any good QB in 2009 draft are underclassmen and most will stay in school.

Sanchez
Bradford
Stafford
Tebow
McCoy

all will be seniors in 2010
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #52
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Oops..yes I did.

I just can't believe he would say something like that.

Bad move if he did.

I didnt know he said that. What a loser. Once Schaub gets back, Id make him the #3. Glad we didnt trade him in the offseason... I freaking hate Sage.

In a realated story, Sage was voted as the Colts mid season MVP. Wierd. The Ravens agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Pretty much any good QB in 2009 draft are underclassmen and most will stay in school.

Sanchez
Bradford
Stafford
Tebow
McCoy

all will be seniors in 2010
Its hard to really get too pumped about one of these guys. McCoy and Tebow will need a few years to learn how to be a pro QB. With the Young/Smith debacles still so fresh, you cant get a gimik spread qb and plug him right in. Bradford is pretty close to NFL "ready", but will get nabbed before us if he comes out. Im not afraid to admit I dont know too much about Sanchez of Stafford.

Last edited by BigBull17; 11-13-2008 at 11:37 AM.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #53
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

other than the system he is in, what is the knock on Harrell?

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #54
hdbn
Rookie

Stafford has a great arm and would be someone to consider but I don't know about his decision making when he gets pressure. If anything I would like to see Bradford in this draft since he seems to really have a good grasp of the offense. Texans just need to make sure that the QB that we do get (if we they go that route) can handle the mental aspect of the game in the NFL.
hdbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #55
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
other than the system he is in, what is the knock on Harrell?
The system he is in... Thats his major knock. Its just hard to put too much faith in a non pro style qb. He could be great, but he could be awful. The 2nd happends more than the 1st
Old 11-13-2008   #56
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets get David Carr ......

or Jeff garcia
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #57
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

or Jeff garcia
I hope line 1 was a joke.

Jeff George is available. Laser, rocket armed QB.
Old 11-13-2008   #58
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
I hope line 1 was a joke.

Jeff George is available. Laser, rocket armed QB.
Jeff, is that you? Because I am starting to get suspicious.

Edit: This is my first post from work. I feel so proud. I only started my new job 2 hours ago.
Old 11-13-2008   #59
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

or Jeff garcia
That top line almost triggered my neg. rep reflex ..... I sure hope it was sarcasm.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #60
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Jeff, is that you? Because I am starting to get suspicious.

Edit: This is my first post from work. I feel so proud. I only started my new job 2 hours ago.
That's awesome!

New job = posting within two hours. Killer. I'm inspired!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read