Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2008   #21
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future of Texans QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Now, now...there's no reason to go jumping off THAT particular bridge.

(Besides, after hearing Sage's post-game "whine" yesterday, we only have room for ONE whiny QB at a time). Mr. "I can't do it all myself" better watch more tape of his interceptions before he starts laying blame at too many other doorsteps.
That's funny b/c the indy game that sure as hell what it looked like he was trying to do then...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #22
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Since Quinton Porter was busy convincing McCain to take Palin, Brink is our best option right now.

http://cougars.fandome.com/video/839...ks-Record-Day/
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #23
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Alright, since you started this thread - perhaps shoot up a poll 'cause I was thinking about this.... and not sure of the answer. Concerning the QB position and based off the WEALTH of knowledge we've acquired since the HWSNBM "led" the team... what would you do this offseason? I think Schaub's option kicks in at the end of this season, or something like that - correct?

1. Keep the QB roles as is - that postition is ultimately not the team's issue, or at least immediate need.

2. Keep Matt, drop Sage. Bring up the other backups to #2 and #3.

3. Keep Matt, drop Sage... drop a #3 or 4 as well and look in the draft.

4. Drop Matt, keep Sage and do the same as #2 or 3 above.

5. Drop both, possibly bring up a #3 or 4 for backup or start and look into draft.

6. Other?

By "dropping" it's either shop em for a potential pick (if possible) or if it leads to it just cut bait. I'm thinking the 3rd option is going to be what happens.
Cut Nall and Sage.

Keep Brink on the POS - er, I mean PS.

Sign Jeff George as the new #1

Put Matt back on the bench as the #2 for a year

Draft a developmental QB sometime on the 1st day.

Okay, its a crappy plan. But is it really that much worse than what we've been doing?
Old 11-10-2008   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

And to think we could have taken the Vikings for a draft pick to dump this moron just makes me sick. He can't do it all himself? I disagree with that statement. He's done a pretty good job of losing one very important game all by himself and then followed it up in his next start with what I can only characterize as a serious attempt at losing a second one all on his lonesome. Sure the other guys chipped in on that Ravens game but I think we all know Sage could have lost that one all by himself.
Old 11-10-2008   #25
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
And to think we could have taken the Vikings for a draft pick to dump this moron just makes me sick. He can't do it all himself? I disagree with that statement. He's done a pretty good job of losing one very important game all by himself and then followed it up in his next start with what I can only characterize as a serious attempt at losing a second one all on his lonesome. Sure the other guys chipped in on that Ravens game but I think we all know Sage could have lost that one all by himself.
Pretty much my thought as when the Vikes offered us that third i was all for it.

Only question I have is who we would've taken with that extra third? There's some nice prospects still on board in the third when that pick came up.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #26
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We could've taken the third and drafted Marcus Harrisson
Old 11-10-2008   #27
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Since Quinton Porter was busy convincing McCain to take Palin
link. kthx.
Old 11-10-2008   #28
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeff George!

The original laser rocket armed QB!
Old 11-10-2008   #29
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Future of Texans QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Speaking of turnovers.....

My impression of our QBs.

Baklavah? Huh?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #30
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Sage actually said that, yes.
wow, he really did say that? heh, well he did throw 4 interceptions all by himself.
Old 11-10-2008   #31
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I must be accidentally using my power of invisibility again.
Old 11-10-2008   #32
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

"I can't do it by myself?"

I know our D hung it up that second half ... but really, how do you blame some of those interceptions on anyone but yourself?

Lame.
Old 11-10-2008   #33
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?STORY_ID=4861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
“I blame myself for the mistakes I made,” Rosenfels said. “But I can’t do it all and I’m probably trying to be too aggressive and make too many things happen. But I’m doing the best I can.”

“When bad things start to happen, a team like that just keeps attacking and keeps attacking because they don’t sit back when they’re in the lead and play soft coverages and let you find completions and slowly move the ball down the field like most teams do," Rosenfels said. “That team keeps bringing it, keeps blitzing, keeps being aggressive. That’s why it’s so hard, even at the end of the games when you might be down by four touchdowns, to even find completions.”

“This is a game I’m going to have to learn from,” he said. "We have a big game next week at Indianapolis. That’s a game we all know that we think we can win because we played them so well the first time. We’ll have to play even better next week.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #34
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

That's a good question - What contributed to the four interceptions, including the two to Ray Lewis? Sage's miscue, defensive pressure, or something else?

Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
some of his passes to Ray Lewis were amazingly accurate. He never had to take an extra step to find the ball.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #36
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we can sign this guy to QB the team.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #37
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I must be accidentally using my power of invisibility again.
He'll be a free agent after the '09 season.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #38
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
link. kthx.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9H3mgVx8Tc

Around 3:20
Old 11-11-2008   #39
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Hey, is VY available?

:stirpot
Id rather use OD and run the spread.
Old 11-11-2008   #40
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rosencopter said, who else did you want me to throw it to Ray Lewis was wide open.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read