Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2008   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Future of Texans QB

Hey, is VY available?

:stirpot
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future of Texans QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Hey, is VY available?

Now, now...there's no reason to go jumping off THAT particular bridge.

(Besides, after hearing Sage's post-game "whine" yesterday, we only have room for ONE whiny QB at a time). Mr. "I can't do it all myself" better watch more tape of his interceptions before he starts laying blame at too many other doorsteps.
Old 11-10-2008   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard Jeff garcia is open in the OS

K Collins sad this was his last year

there will be many options imo after the year but knowing Kubes hes keeping ol MAtty

so we can stop talking about all this
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Alright, since you started this thread - perhaps shoot up a poll 'cause I was thinking about this.... and not sure of the answer. Concerning the QB position and based off the WEALTH of knowledge we've acquired since the HWSNBM "led" the team... what would you do this offseason? I think Schaub's option kicks in at the end of this season, or something like that - correct?

1. Keep the QB roles as is - that postition is ultimately not the team's issue, or at least immediate need.

2. Keep Matt, drop Sage. Bring up the other backups to #2 and #3.

3. Keep Matt, drop Sage... drop a #3 or 4 as well and look in the draft.

4. Drop Matt, keep Sage and do the same as #2 or 3 above.

5. Drop both, possibly bring up a #3 or 4 for backup or start and look into draft.

6. Other?

By "dropping" it's either shop em for a potential pick (if possible) or if it leads to it just cut bait. I'm thinking the 3rd option is going to be what happens.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #5
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Alright, since you started this thread - perhaps shoot up a poll 'cause I was thinking about this.... and not sure of the answer. Concerning the QB position and based off the WEALTH of knowledge we've acquired since the HWSNBM "led" the team... what would you do this offseason? I think Schaub's option kicks in at the end of this season, or something like that - correct?

1. Keep the QB roles as is - that postition is ultimately not the team's issue, or at least immediate need.

2. Keep Matt, drop Sage. Bring up the other backups to #2 and #3.

3. Keep Matt, drop Sage... drop a #3 or 4 as well and look in the draft.

4. Drop Matt, keep Sage and do the same as #2 or 3 above.

5. Drop both, possibly bring up a #3 or 4 for backup or start and look into draft.

6. Other?

By "dropping" it's either shop em for a potential pick (if possible) or if it leads to it just cut bait. I'm thinking the 3rd option is going to be what happens.
Please don't use the word "drop" or "pass" anywhere in the same sentence with our QBs. It only leads to turnovers which is probably what we should do with them. A complete turnover.
Old 11-10-2008   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

our 3 and 4 right now are

Craig Nall & Alex Brink

do u really want to live and die on thoes guyz ....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Nope, that's why I'm thinking #3 option is going to happen.

... oh, Tedc - I never used "pass" in a sentence with the QB.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2008   #8
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, Jeff George is still available!

JEFF GEORGE STILL WANTS TO PLAY
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 10, 2008, 2:00 p.m.
Any general managers out there shopping for a veteran backup quarterback, Jeff George would like to speak with you.

George, the 40-year-old who last threw an NFL pass in 2001, has reiterated that he still believes he can contribute to an NFL team.

ďI find it hard to believe there isnít a place in the game for me. My arm feels like Iím 25,Ē George said on Sirius NFL Radio, per Peter King of SI.com. ďIím not asking to be a starter, I just want a spot on a team. I still hold out hope I can play in this league. Iím working out three or four days a week, staying ready. Some people might laugh about it. Iíve been hearing the excuse, ĎYouíre too old,í but I look at guys now playing near 40, and if you can throw it like I can throw it Ö Why wouldnít you take a look at me?Ē

George made similar comments on Michael Irvinís radio show, and he sounds like heís sincere about his desire to return. But heís sounded sincere about returning for years now, and so far, heís been met with silence from NFL general managers.

On the other hand, in an NFL world where Daunte Culpepper can go from unemployed on Monday to a starting quarterback on Sunday, stranger things have happened. And really, for the teams that have suffered quarterback injuries this season, what would it hurt to bring George in for a look?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
Old 11-10-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Hey, is VY available?

BOOOOOOO!!! I hate you...
Old 11-10-2008   #10
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of turnovers.....

My impression of our QBs.
Old 11-10-2008   #11
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

What about Matt Cassel isn't he available after this year? I haven't really seen him play and I know the Texans aren't the Patriots, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

I would love to take Bradford/Stafford in the draft, but we have too many other holes to fill to draft a QB. Since Sage is gone next year I would love to have a young QB hold a clipboard for a year, or at least a few game since Schaub will probably only play about half a year at best. However, our D is struggling so a DT or a CB or a S would probably be a better bet, but I would love to have a franchise QB which we currently DO NOT have.
Old 11-10-2008   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we need a safety anymore. I don't think SS was ever such an issue, and we have apparently stumbled over backwards into a decent FS in Eugene Wilson. At least it looks that way.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes will be here another year, as will Matt, IMHO. I think Sage is gone and we are looking hot and heavy for another backup on the market, possibly even the draft. Of course it's still early and Sage has 2-3 more games to try and redeem himself.

Next 3 games:
@ Indy
@ Cleveland
Jax - maybe we get Matt back for Battle Red Night Football.

Is Sage a FA after this year?
Old 11-10-2008   #14
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Now, now...there's no reason to go jumping off THAT particular bridge.

(Besides, after hearing Sage's post-game "whine" yesterday, we only have room for ONE whiny QB at a time). Mr. "I can't do it all myself" better watch more tape of his interceptions before he starts laying blame at too many other doorsteps.
I didn't watch much of the game and none of the post-game.

Did Schaub really say" I can't do it all myself"?

Old 11-10-2008   #15
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post

You mean Sage?
Old 11-10-2008   #16
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

they will probably keep both. unless they can gain a lot (cap wise) by letting sage go. they might have to consider drafting a qb especially if there is someone they like in the 2cnd or 3rd round.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

colt mccoy

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

Sage actually said that, yes.
Old 11-10-2008   #19
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
You mean Sage?
Oops..yes I did.

I just can't believe he would say something like that.

Bad move if he did.

Old 11-10-2008   #20
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Oops..yes I did.

I just can't believe he would say something like that.

Bad move if he did.

Agreed.

He is capable, though, of tossing a bunch of picks all by himself.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read