Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2008   #1
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default The Official 'KUBIAK SUCKS' thread

I am sure there have been many threads on this topic before, but its time to get another one going. This guy just sucks and is a huge flatlining little girl.

Poor adjustments, Poor inspiration, Poor preparation, Poor gameplanning, Poor record, Poor energy and competitive fire, Poor coaching staff, Poor talent development, and piss Poor performance.

Did I miss anything? Discuss.
Old 11-10-2008   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Official 'KUBIAK SUCKS' thread

Hopefully your sarcasm smiley?

I mean, seriously, come on people.
Old 11-10-2008   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I am sure there have been many threads on this topic before, but its time to get another one going. This guy just sucks and is a huge flatlining little girl.

Poor adjustments, Poor inspiration, Poor preparation, Poor gameplanning, Poor record, Poor energy and competitive fire, Poor coaching staff, Poor talent development, and piss Poor performance.

You didn't offer a Kool Aid stand where people can say you're crazy and that it's not Kubiak's fault for all the above.

Other than that, you summed it up pretty well.

But people don't want to approach the idea that we might have a bum steer for a HC. It's easier to believe that we're just one or two fixes away, or that we need 2-3 more years' worth of drafts, to see Kubiak emerge as the guy we had thought he would be.

In the NFL, you either show the ability to become a legitimate team under a certain HC...or you can see that it's not going anywhere anytime soon. A blind squirrel finds an acorn by bumping into it, and that's where we're at with this team: Sometimes, they stumble upon that acorn. And the word "sometimes" can be argued liberally here.
Old 11-10-2008   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

iam pretty sure Kubes is not getting fired This year

THe only way he would even be consider getting fired this year is if he loses the rest of the games this season
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Again you attack a person with personal insults as you always do. Andre Davis, David Anderson and Owen Daniels, yep that is some poor talent right there. I also forgot to mention Kevin Walter. there are others but they are all on the offensive side of the ball. But you are mentioning an offensive minded HC and not the DC.
Old 11-10-2008   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just for clarification, what exactly does "Flatlining little girl" mean, anyway?
Old 11-10-2008   #7
cowbellm00
100% Houstonian

Rep Power: 10 cowbellm00 is a Pro Bowlercowbellm00 is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to cowbellm00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Again you attack a person with personal insults as you always do. Andre Davis, David Anderson and Owen Daniels, yep that is some poor talent right there. I also forgot to mention Kevin Walter. there are others but they are all on the offensive side of the ball. But you are mentioning an offensive minded HC and not the DC.
when a country sucks, isn't it the president/king/dictotor/emporer that is blamed? when a company sucks or goes under, isn't it the CEO & management that is to blame? Wen a convict is found guilty, it's because he did the crime. I see the Texans with the same problem this week that we had years ago with Capers. Nothing has changed except coaches and rosters, but our NFL power ranking is still where it is because Kubiak has brought nothing better with him than we had with Capers Carr era.

So yes, there might be some talent, but if you don't know how to use your tools in your tool box, you are to blame my friend. Kubiak is to blame for this puke we watch every Sunday and complain about every Monday.
cowbellm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2008   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak will last at least one to two more years no matter what happens this season. It's some of the other coachs that might want to start dusting off their suitcases.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #9
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the idea of Kubiak haters convening in one thread. But it won't happen. Kubiak gadflies all seem to think they have some novel and revolutionary insight on the subject of why "Kubiak sucks" and will continue to create new threads so everyone else can bask in their genius. And lucky for us, they pop up on the hour.

I can't wait for the next one.

rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
keep drinkin' the koolaid, spec. kubiak sucks. deal with it.

why are you such a verdant supporter of Kubiak? what has he done to earn such devout zealotry towards Kubiak.

as for my lack of mentioning the defense, i have been asking for Richard Smith's head for over 2 seasons now. anyone and everyone knows that our defense sucks and has sucked since Kubiak and his 3rd rate DC showed up to town. Like that is news around here.

but whatever, if calling someone a flatlining little girl is a personal attack, so be it. he plays scared (like a girl) and he shows no passion or creativity in his approach with little to no emotion (flatlining)

whatever spec, just keep enjoying this horrible team and keep making excuses...its about all your good for.

as for your talent development contradiction. is that the only criticism of Kubiak that you could even half heartedly defend? as for David Anderson, cmon now. are you seriously mentioning him as someone who is an example of Kubiak's prowess at talent development. dude barely even gets on the field. as for Owen Daniels and Andre Davis, Davis had been in the league half a decade before Kubiak even saw him and OD has done a good job going out for passes but is pretty lacking in the blocking department.

geez, fans like you would make Cubs fans jealous of your homering amidst utter failure and under performance.
Old 11-10-2008   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
iam pretty sure Kubes is not getting fired This year

THe only way he would even be consider getting fired this year is if he loses the rest of the games this season
I think if he utterly embarasses McNair on Monday Night Football, coupled with say a 5 win season, he will be out.
Old 11-10-2008   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

why are you such a verdant supporter of Kubiak? what has he done to earn such devout zealotry towards Kubiak.

as for my lack of mentioning the defense, i have been asking for Richard Smith's head for over 2 seasons now. anyone and everyone knows that our defense sucks and has sucked since Kubiak and his 3rd rate DC showed up to town. Like that is news around here.

but whatever, if calling someone a flatlining little girl is a personal attack, so be it. he plays scared (like a girl) and he shows no passion or creativity in his approach with little to no emotion (flatlining)

whatever spec, just keep enjoying this horrible team and keep making excuses...its about all your good for.

as for your talent development contradiction. is that the only criticism of Kubiak that you could even half heartedly defend? as for David Anderson, cmon now. are you seriously mentioning him as someone who is an example of Kubiak's prowess at talent development. dude barely even gets on the field. as for Owen Daniels and Andre Davis, Davis had been in the league half a decade before Kubiak even saw him and OD has done a good job going out for passes but is pretty lacking in the blocking department.

geez, fans like you would make Cubs fans jealous of your homering amidst utter failure and under performance.
Hot damn, you know its bad when an optimist like me agrees with you. I tried to find an argument for this, and I couldnt. OD is the only exception. I think he is a servicable blocker, no more, no less. other than that, you are right...
Old 11-10-2008   #13
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak is the Coach that will lead the Texans further than we have ever been in the NFL then highlight on some points that shine about him.

Kubiak promised us that Carr would be ok, big bust

Kubiak promised us that if we get Schaub he will be the guy, jury is still out on this one.

Kubiak has a problem with all parts of this team, Because he does not have controll of this team

Kubiak has problems with the Time Clock. No excuse for that.

Kubiak promised we were going to make a run for the playoffs this season. Well he got mixed up and said make a run instead of run from.

I am now paying for Kubiak ego and that sucks. I never signed up for a PSL to pay for the Kubiak ego but they got me.

This team has no disipline, they are not playing like a team. all coaching techniques that are not being played out.

Maybe that is why Shanny had Kubes at the offense coordinator position instead of this system we have, where we have asistant head coaches. We have too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Old 11-10-2008   #14
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I would post a logical defense of Kubiak, but I don't think it'll do any good. The natives are hostile and they want blood!

One thing's for sure, "kneejerk" is the Word of the Week.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I would post a logical defense of Kubiak, but I don't think it'll do any good. The natives are hostile and they want blood!

One thing's for sure, "kneejerk" is the Word of the Week.
what is Kubiak's record? Is that kneejerk too?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmmm, that's a good quesiton:

Capers: 18-46 for .281 after 4 full seasons.
Kubiak: 17-24 for .414 in less than 3 full seasons.

Not saying..........
Old 11-10-2008   #17
BaylrBearBryant
Rookie

I'm fed up with Kubiak after that loss. It's time we fire the Aggie coach.
BaylrBearBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #18
huckdabuck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hmmmm, that's a good quesiton:

Capers: 18-46 for .281 after 4 full seasons.
Kubiak: 17-24 for .414 in less than 3 full seasons.

Not saying..........
+ Rep
huckdabuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I am a realist I know Kubiak has done things wrong and made mistakes, but I am not like you in the fact you now have to not only use insults to Kubiak but you also categorized all girls as they play scared. It is what you do, instead bring up direct points you insult.

The offense is better there is no question about that. Others have complained about clock management and challenge flag usage issues and I have not disagreed with that. I am sorry if I do not look at things black and white and say it in a definitive point blank answer. This is sports not accounting, there are a multiple of answers and variables.

Having players excel and perform is attributed to all of the offensive coaches. You can dismiss the players all you want but before Kubiak got here no one thought we had any offense outside of AJ.

Oh and what excuses did I make? None, because I do criticize I just do it in a matter better suited to actually discussing things more clearly.
Old 11-10-2008   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read