Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2008   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowher and Schottenheimer??

I keep reading, we need some "Cowher power" or some "marty ball".

Seriously, you don't think either of those two would come out of retirement to coach . . . ahem . . . cough . . . the the Houston Texans, do you?

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowher and Schottenheimer??

I honestly think Cowher will be coaching right up I45 next season. Their team is very talented and his 3-4 defense is already in place.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #3
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Marty is a dinosaur, and is probably enjoying retirement and spending missed time with his family after coaching for so long.

Cowher would only coach near his hometown I think. So it's either Carolina or nothing.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I keep reading, we need some "Cowher power" or some "marty ball".

Seriously, you don't think either of those two would come out of retirement to coach . . . ahem . . . cough . . . the the Houston Texans, do you?

Wel, sure. If they want to get in line before Jimmy does.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #5
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Marty is a dinosaur, and is probably enjoying retirement and spending missed time with his family after coaching for so long.

Cowher would only coach near his hometown I think. So it's either Carolina or nothing.
Really, that dinosaur coached the Chargers to a 13-3 record his last year there and left a loaded team that Norv Turner has squandered. He has been a winner everywhere he has been. I thought you said we have good talent, this should be a good place to come. You lay enough money on the table and one of those guys will come.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I honestly think Cowher will be coaching right up I45 next season. Their team is very talented and his 3-4 defense is already in place.
Cowher working for Jerry Jones?

Old 11-09-2008   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe Jason Garret is already in place to take over. He makes more money than most head coach's in the league.

Cowher would be perfect here in Houston. Someone to come in here and reclaim our blue collar roots.

I would load up 50 Brinks trucks and drive over to his house and start throwing money at him.

I would take Cowher even if it meant having to change back to the 34.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2008   #8
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

We could totally sell them on building the team around Kris Brown.
Old 11-09-2008   #9
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Really, that dinosaur coached the Chargers to a 13-3 record his last year there and left a loaded team that Norv Turner has squandered. He has been a winner everywhere he has been. I thought you said we have good talent, this should be a good place to come. You lay enough money on the table and one of those guys will come.
Dude, he's 65 years old. Don't you think he rather spend the rest of his life with his family, rather then coaching a bad team? I'm scare he might have a heart attack as well, after looking at game films of our team.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Who said we have good talent?

Not I.
Old 11-09-2008   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I believe Jason Garret is already in place to take over. He makes more money than most head coach's in the league.

Cowher would be perfect here in Houston. Someone to come in here and reclaim our blue collar roots.

I would load up 50 Brinks trucks and drive over to his house and start throwing money at him.

I would take Cowher even if it meant having to change back to the 34.
I would love to see Cowher here as well, but I just don't see that happening.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well its 6 months to the draft and 9 months to next football season. Have to dream about something.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #13
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I mentioned Kirk Ferentz (head coach of Iowa) in another thread literally seconds before this one popped up, anyone have some thoughts on him or maybe some other potentials?

My reasons for liking Ferentz: Does not get to recruit top notch talent but always produces his fair share of NFL quality players and has had a lot of success at that program. Seems to always have disciplined teams. His schemes are not complicated but I would argue that that might be a good thing if you look at the success of new coaches like Sparano and Mike Smith. Anyway, just throwing another name into the hat.
Old 11-09-2008   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I mentioned Kirk Ferentz (head coach of Iowa) in another thread literally seconds before this one popped up, anyone have some thoughts on him or maybe some other potentials?

My reasons for liking Ferentz: Does not get to recruit top notch talent but always produces his fair share of NFL quality players and has had a lot of success at that program. Seems to always have disciplined teams. His schemes are not complicated but I would argue that that might be a good thing if you look at the success of new coaches like Sparano and Mike Smith. Anyway, just throwing another name into the hat.
I like Kirk Ferentz also . . . but Kirk Ferentz just got through signing a long term deal to remain the HC of Iowa. He loves where he's at right now. He's not interested in coaching in the NFL or anywhere else. He loves Iowa.
Old 11-09-2008   #15
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98612 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go Mike Singeltary

If nothing else he would have kicked Sage right in the balls after the third pick
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowher and Schottenheimer??

those guys are probably too mean. We like nice shiny corporate types who do what they are told and don't yell at the press.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #17
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love Cowher but I don't see it happening. I would certainly cast a vote for Marty. The guy has a proven record for turning around franchises. His dismissal in SD was because the GM just didn't like him. I would love to have Marty come in and hire Wade Phillips as our DC. Before people start crying about the 4-3, we are a crappy defense not matter how we line up. I just want a good coach!
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Money Talks

with that being said iam sure there are other qualifed coaches out there other then thoes 2 to coach our team

just less known names IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The Broncos miss the playoffs, Shananan is fire and hired by the Texans and Kubiak is demoted to OC.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #20
AustinTexansFan
Rookie

Quote:
He would not come here for any amount of money. He has more class than that.
AustinTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read