Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2008   #1
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Complete lack of Heart

I have been rooting for the Houston Texans since their inception and I will continue to support them. However, I will not take a team that folds up when facing adversity. They lack testicular fortitude.....they lack well..... heart. Offense and defense showed me absolutely nothing. I am not sure I think Kubiak should be fired but after today's performance I think he should be nervous about loosing this team. The Def Cordinator should be fired at 3:01 today and the Texans need to find a QB right now...not in draft...... not in offseason but now. The quarterbacks on this team lack toughness (something DC had) and durability ( again DC). After all of the complaining yall did when our former QB was here , you got what you wanted and we are left with an expensive benchweight and a turnover machine. I hate to say to you guys but.....I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

I dont know If i want a change at the top.....but something has to be done....or we will continue be the doormat of the league.... I do not think any koolaid will heal me today.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #2
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Complete lack of Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I have been rooting for the Houston Texans since their inception and I will continue to support them. However, I will not take a team that folds up when facing adversity. They lack testicular fortitude.....they lack well..... heart. Offense and defense showed me absolutely nothing. I am not sure I think Kubiak should be fired but after today's performance I think he should be nervous about loosing this team. The Def Cordinator should be fired at 3:01 today and the Texans need to find a QB right now...not in draft...... not in offseason but now. The quarterbacks on this team lack toughness (something DC had) and durability ( again DC). After all of the complaining yall did when our former QB was here , you got what you wanted and we are left with an expensive benchweight and a turnover machine. I hate to say to you guys but.....I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

I dont know If i want a change at the top.....but something has to be done....or we will continue be the doormat of the league.... I do not think any koolaid will heal me today.

What is this heart thing you speak of?
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
What is this heart thing you speak of?
I believe part of it is leadership. But rest assured, I've been told there is plenty of leadership on the team when I mentioned its lack a couple of weeks ago. So, at least there aren't any leadership issues.
Old 11-09-2008   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I actually...realistically...asked myself..."Why do I watch Football?"

I don't plan on rooting for any other team...but if they are going to play like this I'd rather just not watch.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Finding hard nosed football players starts at the top. Bobby Grier needs to be fired since he has been director of Pro Scouting since the teams inception. This team is soft as a marshmallow and much of that rests in the disposition of the players scouted and the finesse schemes of our coordinators.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

i think Kubes may have lost the team today....it just seemed like they completely quit on him today after the Heap TD....

In the past when people have called for Kube's head, i've been more inclined to say "give him 1 more year to get a bit more talent.....etc" just b/c i know Capers & Casserly left us in a bad situation talent wise. But this season watching the same mistakes being made, the terrible calls & clock management & personnel decisions, i wouldn't even be upset if Mcnair decided to go in another direction.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #7
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

All good points made here about why this team just sucks right now. I cant even get mad at these guys anymore, I just have to laugh at it. I would love to see coaching changes made and I m sure that wont happen.
Old 11-09-2008   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

They totally quit today. Sickening.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #9
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
i think Kubes may have lost the team today....it just seemed like they completely quit on him today after the Heap TD....

In the past when people have called for Kube's head, i've been more inclined to say "give him 1 more year to get a bit more talent.....etc" just b/c i know Capers & Casserly left us in a bad situation talent wise. But this season watching the same mistakes being made, the terrible calls & clock management & personnel decisions, i wouldn't even be upset if Mcnair decided to go in another direction.
I wouldn't be upset either way.

He still doesn't have the talent i think...but at the same time this team continues to turn it over in the redzone and make the same mistakes, and today it looked like we were ready to just tank the season.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #10
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take a QB with a brain over heart.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Finding hard nosed football players starts at the top. Bobby Grier needs to be fired since he has been director of Pro Scouting since the teams inception. This team is soft as a marshmallow and much of that rests in the disposition of the players scouted and the finesse schemes of our coordinators.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way... I just pretty much said the same thing in the "QB thread".
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #12
cowbellm00
100% Houstonian

Rep Power: 10 cowbellm00 is a Pro Bowlercowbellm00 is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to cowbellm00

there's always next year

aren't you tired of saying that too? i know i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I actually...realistically...asked myself..."Why do I watch Football?"

I don't plan on rooting for any other team...but if they are going to play like this I'd rather just not watch.
cowbellm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #13
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This game just killed any sort of hope, makes me sick.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbellm00 View Post
there's always next year

But our o-line needs time to gel!!!! haha

What other excuses have we made for this team?

Also, the only way they get a new coach is if its a big time big name coach like Bill C or Marty S.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbellm00 View Post
there's always next year

I have said "there's always next year" so many times, it's turning into "next decade".
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

At least I am not spending money on this product anymore. That makes me happy.
Old 11-09-2008   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
But our o-line needs time to gel!!!! haha

What other excuses have we made for this team?

Also, the only way they get a new coach is if its a big time big name coach like Bill C or Marty S.
Cowher isn't coming out i don't think, but I'd be ecstatic if we could get our hands on Marty.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #18
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

dont worry..the team quit on sage today. thats all
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I thought maybe you were talking about Bob wanting nice guys .
Old 11-09-2008   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
At least I am not spending money on this product anymore. That makes me happy.
I started to agree with you there because I no longer am losing money on tickets, however I am shelling out around $300 hosting this site so I can't say I am not spending money on this "product".

BTW, if anyone knows of any better hosting alternatives that will support a board of this size and traffic volume I all ears.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read