Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cut Sage!

eriadoc

Texan-American
OK, I know it's impossible, just because of numbers, but you want to talk about accountability? The QBs on this team need to be fired (Sage moreso at this point).

He's shown why he's a back-up. No need to cut him. We need to protect Schaub and see what he can do for an entire season.

Are you asking what instrument we should we cut him with?

Machete's always work good.

Well, we can't trade him anymore. his value is soo deep down the ****ter, no one would want this chump after today showing. Might as well cut his ass.

He's shown why he's a back-up. No need to cut him. We need to protect Schaub and see what he can do for an entire season.

I haven't seen anything from this offensive line to show that they are capable of protecting Schaub, especially since they went to a pure ZBS.

The only QB that they can protect is one that can run for his life.

I haven't seen anything from this offensive line to show that they are capable of protecting Schaub, especially since they went to a pure ZBS.

The only QB that they can protect is one that can run for his life.

Really? Cause the number of sacks allowed has dropped significantly since installing the zbs.

Really? Cause the number of sacks allowed has dropped significantly since installing the zbs.

Sacks have dropped but the pressures and hits havn't. We have QB's now that can get rid of the ball. Schaub is getting killed and the OL hasn't shown an ounce of ability in protecting him. But yea... at least the QB's can throw the ball away.

They dropped as soon as we got rid of our self-sacking QB 2 years ago.

They've gotten worse since Gibbs came along and they've ran pure ZBS. We were running a hybrid scheme with Sherman.

I can't believe that I actually miss that guy nowadays.

You can win with either of these two QBs. However, they have to be kept clean. So Far we can't do that yet. The message I'm reading...Meyers and Briseil are the best we got and it isn't going to change the rest of the season. The things we were told out of camp....these two guys are ok....the LBs are serviceable...Weaver is serviceable...are false. On the positive side we're leading the Tim Tebow sweeps. Lucky us.

That's sexist. There are plenty of men that will be happily rubbing Sage own their own turkeys as well.

:tiphat:

WOW!!!

I thought Hobie would be the one to point that out. I really didn't expect that from you (not that there is anything wrong with it).

Sacks have dropped but the pressures and hits havn't. We have QB's now that can get rid of the ball. Schaub is getting killed and the OL hasn't shown an ounce of ability in protecting him. But yea... at least the QB's can throw the ball away.

We also need to start going after guys who cheap shot our QB. Its chicken **** that our line did nothing to Allen in response to what happened.

You know, that's just so insane I kind of dig it.

What the hell, embrace the insanity and start Jeff George!

Hey, as long as we can be nuts, why don't we get Vince Young? He's a little nutty.

And we don't even have to start him. Heck, we can put him up in the coaches booth upstairs.

Just through his "It" he will make our defense better. And goodness knows we need them to get better.

OD, Slaton and Vonta running the option. I'd actually enjoy that.

I'll join the start OD club.

I really dread watching the Rosencopter play over and over again during the game this week. I propose everyone has to take a shot or chug a beer each time they replay that play or reference it during the telecast on Sunday.

Thorn, ya with me. I know I can count on you.

I'll join the start OD club.

I really dread watching the Rosencopter play over and over again during the game this week. I propose everyone has to take a shot or chug a beer each time they replay that play or reference it during the telecast on Sunday.

Thorn, ya with me. I know I can count on you.

I will probably have to work this Sunday since I'm on call this week. I'm thinking it might be a blessing in disguise missing this game. LOL

You know, that's just so insane I kind of dig it.

What the hell, embrace the insanity and start Jeff George!

He's got a gun.

He's not that old. Well, relatively speaking....

Instead of throwing at defenders he might be able to throw through them.

Probably could be had for the veteran minimum.

Sign him up and draft a QB.

If you choose that route, this is what you will look like by the next decade..........and you'll also have lots of time to remove the high heels and purse before you're found out.:mcnugget:

waiting.gif

The Jeff George thing is funny to think about, but I have to ask, seriously - can he be worse than Craig Nall? I mean, yeah, he could, but at that point it no longer matters.

I'm on the Start Owen Daniels bandwagon :)

The Jeff George thing is funny to think about, but I have to ask, seriously - can he be worse than Craig Nall? I mean, yeah, he could, but at that point it no longer matters.

I'm on the Start Owen Daniels bandwagon :)

If I had to choose between Craig Nall or Jeff George I'm going to pick Jeff George.

If I had to pick between Sage Rosenfels or Jeff George.... I'm still going to pick Jeff George. At least we would have somewhat of an unknown.

We'd suspect we were in trouble instead of just knowing it.

I believe this is a 7 year old piece, but it accurately illustrates how most NFL execs and coaches look at Jeff George. There has been talk of ADHD sprinkled with the lack of introspect and the grandiosity of bipolar. Everytime he has been given a repeat chance (against all odds and common sense), he has managed to muck up the picture..................we don't need any more help mucking up this picture.:foottap:

I believe this is a 7 year old piece, but it accurately illustrates how most NFL execs and coaches look at Jeff George. There has been talk of ADHD sprinkled with the lack of introspect and the grandiosity of bipolar. Everytime he has been given a repeat chance (against all odds and common sense), he has managed to muck up the picture..................we don't need any more help mucking up this picture.:foottap:

Tony Banks became the starter and Sage Rosenfels rode the pine that year over Jeff George who was cut all together. This would lead me to believe that Tony Banks would be a better option over Jeff George. And we're vying to have Sage Rosenfels replaced. I don't know... is Jeff George really an option that we'd like to pursue? I just don't know. I do know that I'm almost willing to try anything but Jeff? That might be scraping the floor of the cellar a little too hard for me.

Sooooo I'm going to agree with you on not having him mucking up the picture.

I want gone as soon as possible but does anyone think it might be a reason Jeff George has been out of the league a few years. The guy has always been a head case but with a million dollar arm. I guess most personel people just don't want to deal with the headache that he is.

Ryan Leaf had great arm strength. Besides the head case problems, Jeff George was a poster child for exchanging arm strength for predictability of where the ball was going to go. George threw to the DBs..........only with greater force.

Ryan Leaf had great arm strength. Besides the head case problems, Jeff George was a poster child for exchanging arm strength for predictability of where the ball was going to go. George threw to the DBs..........only with greater force.

Guess I should have used the sarcasm smilie.... :thinking:

Guys, really, I was just joking about the whole "Jeff George" thing. George is a pretty sad story, really. Lots of physical tools but never could bring it all together. Given our current harsh dose of reality at 3-6 I kinda thought that trying to dust off the original laser rocket armed Colts QB (especially given that we're playing Indy this weekend) would be fun.

And it was fun, for me anyway. At least while I'm stuck at work wasting bandwidth.

*but hey, I can find some satisfaction in that I honestly had y'all talking about the merits (or lack thereof) of bringing a 40 year old Jeff George in.

Guess I should have used the sarcasm smilie.... :thinking:

I was thinking the same thing... Man this thread took on a life of its own. :kingkong:

facetious
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
fa⋅ce⋅tious   /fəˈsiʃəs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fuh-see-shuhs] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective

1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

WOW!!!

I thought Hobie would be the one to point that out. I really didn't expect that from you (not that there is anything wrong with it).

Well if you thought it would come from me, you are misled, as I don't rub Sage on my turkey, I do it on my sausage though.

Back